Hi! I've got my email certificate imported to be able to sign/encrypt messages (I can view all its details so the import looks perfect), but the Hub doesn't show any options to sign a message when writing a new email message (I'm setup with live.ca). Receiving signed email messages from others doesn't show any ribbon icons or anything.

I found documentation for how this is supposed to function, but none of the steps or GUI icons here are available to me in the Hub:
    Securing your email - User Guide - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.2

So I don't know what else to do now. It seems from a device level, everything is fine, but the Hub is completely deaf to it. Is there a more featured email client I'm supposed to download from BBW? The documentation at the link above says to use "work email", but I have no idea what that means. Any help you can give me is appreciated. Thanks!

BB Q10, OS 10.2.1
    04-07-14 12:26 PM
    From hub,

More>setting>secure email

S/mime on

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 12:29 PM
    I don't have a "secure email" setting listed.
    Attached Thumbnails Email certificate imported, but no means to sign/encrypt-img_20140408_062107.png  
    04-08-14 05:22 AM
    Get Secure mail app from BlackBerry World. I'm unsure you can use your Microsoft email without this application. Its easy to use and is AES 256 bits encryption. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 04:23 PM
    Get Secure mail app from BlackBerry World. I'm unsure you can use your Microsoft email without this application. Its easy to use and is AES 256 bits encryption. Good Luck.

Posted via CB10
    Then the person who is receiving the email would have to do the same wouldn't they?

OP, are you on a BES? Unless I'm mistaken, that's the only way your can fully use encrypted email.

Posted via CB10
    jpvj likes this.
    04-11-14 04:26 AM
    Then the person who is receiving the email would have to do the same wouldn't they?

OP, are you on a BES? Unless I'm mistaken, that's the only way your can fully use encrypted email.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think he is on BES hence my suggestion, yes the recipient will have to also have the app, as they need to receive the generated keys

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 06:00 AM
    Kind of tough having to rely on an app for secure mail since I'd also want the option to read it on my desktop potentially.

Hopefully BlackBerry will open up S/MIME to non BES users. It's unlikely since that is a reason for going to a MDM system.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:40 AM