The way it is right now the current PBOS Email is no match for the BBOS NOC Push email, i have a hosted email account and most times the PB is just as fast at getting the emails, but every once in a while it takes 15 minutes to get a new email, i find that unacceptable and I hope BB10 will make use of the NOC otherwise it's no good for me.

Recently I'm finding more and more reasons to stay on the BBOS.
    06-25-12 04:34 AM
    I agree. It could change with some updates to the PB OS. But I generally prefer my Bold or using bridged email.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-25-12 05:06 AM
    i would think that NOC will never be used for wifi PB since there are no payment /fee scenario (no revenue) unlike the radio/carrier BIS/BES system where everybody get their own share of revenues.
    06-25-12 05:18 AM
    I am very satisfied with my BB7 phone and will be happy to stay with it. The only issue I have is, I want LTE when I use it for bridging. If RIM would release a Torch 9850/60 model with LTE, I would give serious consideration to that over the BB10. Which I know is going to take multiple generations to get as capable as the Torch.

The other option is a 4G PlayBook. When they release that, I won't need to change my phone and can save that money to pay for wireless data on the PB.
    Last edited by jrohland; 06-25-12 at 07:17 AM.
    06-25-12 05:56 AM
    I am very satisfied with my BB7 phone and will be happy to stay with it. The only issue I have is, I want LTE when I use it for bridging. If RIM would release a Torch 9850/60 model with LTE, I would give serious consideration to that over the BB10. Which I know is going to take multiple generations to get as capable as the Torch.

The other option is a 4G PlayBook. When they release that, I won't need to change my phone and and save that money to pay for wireless data on the PB.
    No LTE on this side of the pond
    06-25-12 07:02 AM
    No LTE on this side of the pond
    Do you have some kind of 4G service? I assume you are GSM at this time but, what is the next step there?
    06-25-12 07:19 AM
    Do you have some kind of 4G service? I assume you are GSM at this time but, what is the next step there?
    We have HSPA+ but it's not called "4G" over here, just 3G. I don't think we'll get LTE in the next few years here, never got much 3G either, as soon as you leave the cities you're back on 2G, edge or gprs.
    06-25-12 07:22 AM
    For a single e-mail account, I like the PB OS E-mail. For multiple e-mail accounts, I prefer BB OS as you can seperate them by default to multiple inboxes. With the PB you can seperate them to multiple inboxes, but default view is everything in one place. Not too big on that my self.
    06-25-12 07:45 AM
    We have HSPA+ but it's not called "4G" over here, just 3G. I don't think we'll get LTE in the next few years here, never got much 3G either, as soon as you leave the cities you're back on 2G, edge or gprs.
    Or in my case no coverage :/ time to change provider !!
    06-25-12 09:31 AM
    The current PBOS email is lacking behind all other platforms right now IMO. But its RIMs first shot at it. Its sad its as slow and clunky that it is after over 1 year of dev on it. I am sure it is much better on OS10 though.

Everyone wanting LTE for bridge purpose need to remember that bluetooth speeds are very much limited and below any LTE speed you get. You will be under 3mbs no matter what over bluetooth pretty much. Hotspot is another story though
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-25-12 09:45 AM
    The current PBOS email is lacking behind all other platforms right now IMO. But its RIMs first shot at it. Its sad its as slow and clunky that it is after over 1 year of dev on it. I am sure it is much better on OS10 though.

Everyone wanting LTE for bridge purpose need to remember that bluetooth speeds are very much limited and below any LTE speed you get. You will be under 3mbs no matter what over bluetooth pretty much. Hotspot is another story though
    Aren't there rumors bridge is going wifi?
    06-25-12 09:52 AM
    Yes there have been a few times. I know Bla1ze has eluded to it on more than 1 occasion. Also USB host supposedly in OS 2.1
    06-25-12 12:42 PM
    Yes there have been a few times. I know Bla1ze has eluded to it on more than 1 occasion. Also USB host supposedly in OS 2.1
    sort of, i think it was VIA wifi. As in if you PB and BB were on the same wifi network you could bridge thru that. I am not sure about via hotspot though and most wireless provider charge for hotspot and such as is always pointed out on this forum
    06-25-12 03:55 PM
    sort of, i think it was VIA wifi. As in if you PB and BB were on the same wifi network you could bridge thru that. I am not sure about via hotspot though and most wireless provider charge for hotspot and such as is always pointed out on this forum
    Good point howy
    06-25-12 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD