Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum for this, if not, please relocate it with my apologies.

I currently have an iPhone 3g, I love the phone, but can't stand the development politics surrounding Apple. Most notably, I'm ditching the phone over the recent Google Voice debacle going on. I plan to go back to BB when the new Onyx is released.

Back when I had my 8700, I remember work email being a problem. We have Exchange for our email, and the company does not use BES.

I've been researching whether or not I'll be able to get my email, but all the answers I'm finding seem to be older answers, I'm hoping that BB technology has gotten better with regards to exchange email.

So, here's my scenario, my work runs Exchange, and I have personal email accounts hosted on my own domains. Currently, my iPhone works with these just fine, allowing me to setup Exchange email with sync for calendars, contacts, folders, etc, and I use IMAP with my personal accounts.

When I move to the BB, am I going to be able to keep my email? Does BB support IMAP now, or am I stuck with POP? What about the exchange email at work?

I've read about the personal edition of BES, and BPS, but I'm not sure how they'd fit into the equation. I have no problem running a server at home to link between my BB and work email if necessary, or purchasing a service off the web, if it can deliver the syncing between my work exchange server and my BB device without intervention from my work IT department.

Can someone chime in with the current solutions available to allow me to get my email? Recommend any services that might exist? I'd really like to ditch the iPhone but can't do so if all my email is going to come with me.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    08-08-09 02:36 PM
    I'm reading that the BB can interact with exchange without BES/BIS/??? as an intermediate if I have OWA access. Does this permit all the functionality of Exchange like Contact/Calendar/Task syncing?
    08-08-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD