Is it possible to receive email from my work address with out BES
    01-28-10 06:00 PM
    It depends.

Can you access your work email via Outlook Web Access?
    01-28-10 06:24 PM
    not sure most people use outlook on there pc's im on the road all day and almost never in front of a computer.
    01-28-10 07:12 PM
    Ok. That response didn't answer my question.

If you can access your work email via Outlook Web Access, then you may be able to use that URL along with your user name and password to add the email address to your BIS.

Check with your employer to see if they offer Outlook Web Access for your work email.
    01-28-10 07:47 PM
    Even if you can access your work email via Outlook Web it does not mean that you will be able to do it. I am on BES and we have a mail.company.com site that we can log into (Microsoft Outlook Web Mail). You cannot just set you Blackberry to access it via BIS. I believe they have it set that way for security reasons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 07:52 PM
    Yes, I used to do this all the time at my previous employer.

I think I did it two ways. First, by using the "Redirect" feature in Outlook, if it's not disabled by your employer. With this method, I couldn't send or reply using my work email account, but I could at least stay current on my incoming work emails when out of the office.

Second, I was actually able to set up my work email account in the BIS web site, just like another email account. I believe if your employer uses OWA (as mentioned above), you may be able to pull that off. Just try experimenting with it on the BIS web site.
    01-28-10 10:46 PM
    01-29-10 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD