Coming from a Treo (glad to have switched!), on my Treo I could set my emails to stop coming in (pushing) after 9 pm and coming back on at 7 am, that way I'm not buzzing all night long from incoming emails. My phone could still take calls, but email was turned off. Is there a way of doing this to the BB without shutting down the device?
    09-22-08 02:49 PM
    I customized my "Phone only" profile so that the phone will still ring, but there's no tone or vibration for emails. The emails will still come in -- an occasionally I'll roll over in the middle of the night, and see the red light flashing and check my emails -- but it doesn't make any noise until I switch it back to the normal profile in the morning.
    09-22-08 03:01 PM
    As pmy said, change or make a new profile so only the phone rings. Works like a champ.
    09-22-08 03:03 PM
    pmy - I tried what you said but I can't shut the vibrate off on phone only. It let's me put in 1, 2, or 3. my BB is 2 days in my life, so is there a way to shut of vibrate in "phone only"
    09-22-08 03:26 PM
    Change the first category from "Vibrate+tone" or whatever you have now to just "Tone" if you still want to hear the ring, or "None" for things that you want to be silent.

Don't worry about the "Number of Vibrations". Leave that a "1" or whatever, after you change to "None" it won't vibrate or make noise no matter what the other settings say.
    09-22-08 03:53 PM
    I also use BlackBerryAlerts to turn off the LED indicator at night. Helps me sleep and not upset the wife.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD