Is it possible to setup email filters so that emails from certain address sound a specific alert? I know that you can setup alerts for emails and different things via the profile but I would like to have a unique alert when I receive an email from certain addresses or better yet with certain subjects in the emails. Is this possible?
    04-10-08 11:52 AM
    You might have to look for a third party utility for that...
    04-10-08 11:53 AM
    It is possible to have messages from specified addresses delivered as Level One. Then you can set an alert for Level one that's different from normal mail. That's an option in email filters. At least, it works with the 8830 and BES.
    04-10-08 11:58 AM
    It is possible to have messages from specified addresses delivered as Level One. Then you can set an alert for Level one that's different from normal mail. That's an option in email filters. At least, it works with the 8830 and BES.

hmmm. I'm not seeing this ability on my curve. Have looked in profiles, & address book. where is it on your 8830?

thanks,

Jared
    04-10-08 12:05 PM
    You won't find it unless you know where to look. In the messages folder, menu/options/email filters/new.

Once you create a filter, under action, select forward as level 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JeffH; 04-10-08 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Correct spelling error
    04-10-08 01:22 PM
    Reply got lost. In messages, options/email filters/ new. Create a filter. For action, select "forward as level 1."

04-10-08 01:31 PM
    hmmmmm. NO such options for "Email Filters" on my ATT Curve.
    04-10-08 02:06 PM
    Sorry. I'm always hesitant to reply abt an issue on a different platform, but I'm surprised at that. I have a Verizon 8830 running OS 4.2.2.176 and syncing to Outlook 2003 using BES. Maybe that helps explain the difference.

04-10-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD