Presently on my desktop/laptop I use gmail to handle my email. I have a couple of addresses using my own domain as well as my gmail address. Gmail handles this like a pro. However trying to use my blackberry muddies my email situation since everything only goes from my gmail address or the blackberry one if I choose. I have a main address that I give friends, a work one, and 2 others. What would be the neatest way to have multiple "from's" on the blackberry? I'd be willing to buy an app if it helped. I'm using an 8900.

thanks,

RC
    10-14-09 03:00 PM
    There are several different ways to handle messages using BIS. Each have their own pros and cons.

1. If your not concerned with replying to the messages, you can have your source client forward to BIS. So all the messages go to your BIS Messenger.

2. You can go into BIS and add each of your mailboxes to it. So not only will you get all the messages to the BIS Messenger it will individually go to each of the BIS Message folders you created for each mailbox. With this you can then do a reply using the orginal email address from the appropriate message folder.

There may be other ways but those are the only two I am familar with. Someone else may have a better idea or way to manage them.

In the case where you want to send a email say from your gmail account you can set up contacts with information on that person with their email address in it.

There are ways to sync the gmail with the contacts on your phone. The most difficult task is say keeping the same contacts updated on all of your accounts. So I use my BB to be the central point of storage and us it to update my other email accounts.

You can easily edit your contacts on your BB by going into Desktop and doing an Advance backup specifically picking your address book only to back up. When you save it, name it Address Book and it will add the extension ipd to it. Then download the ABC Abmer Editor for free and you can open the IPD file and make changes to it. Then you can restore it back to your BB.

Here is the web site. Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files

Don't know if I helped or not. Just offering some things to think about it.

Mike
    10-14-09 07:47 PM
    I'm in the same situation as rscarmelo and I have yet to find a workaround or solution for this.
    10-14-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD