Hi,
    My wife has a Bold (as do I). For the past several weeks she's been unable to send email from her personal domain email address -but only from her blackberry. From her laptop, all works fine. It had been working fine for nearly a year, and then stopped when we arrived in Mexico on vacation. I thought all was well when we returned to the states, btu found out last night that was not the case.
    I am looking to transfer our domains to different host and was wondering if I need to delete her email account from the bold and recreate it once the switch to the new host is completed?

Any other ideas on why this might happen, anyway? Just incase it happens in the future, I'll know what to do.

Thanks!
    Brian
    11-14-09 04:45 PM
    Since you will be migrating email host, it's really doesn't matter what happened.

First, yes, you will need to delete your email and recreate later.

Second, if you are migrating email host, may I suggest Google for free. Gmail is working well now with iPhone, BB, and Android, so you can go wrong.
    11-14-09 05:04 PM
    I hate google mail, unfortunately. ai know some love them. Just not the right flavor for me. I have a webhost that will be hosting numerous sites for me and I was able to get my BB to work with one of them as a test in about 15 minutes. So it should be OK. I just can't figure out what went wrong with it...

Thanks!
    B.
    11-14-09 05:12 PM
    Well, these hosts could be problem. I am guessing SMTP authentication issue or SSL certificate issue.
    11-14-09 05:15 PM
    I've got 4 BIS & 1 BES account. Google, 3 hosted with 2 different providers (NetSol & RackSpace), and the BES is @ RackSpace as well. Even with NetSol, which might be the worst mail host I've ever encountered, configuration is straightforward. As long as you're POP'ing you should just need to login to your carrier's BIS site, select the account, edit, and verify that the username, PW, and mail server are correct. Some providers have this bad habit of changing server names and/or requirements for username (eg: where email addy = jason@jason.com the username might be jason. Or it might be the whole addy.) Ultimately though if you've carefully, visually compared the account settings on her PC/Mac mail client to those on the BIS and the BB, and everything's correct, you still may want to check with the provider re: incoming server name. NetSol decided it would be fun a couple of Monday's ago to put in a CNAME for mail.domain.com to inbound.domain.com. No inbound mail delivery via desktop or device. I ended up finding it on my own, but it took some digging, wasted 4 hours, and frustrated my users. So I would definitely check with the provider if you've ruled out everything else. Good luck.
    11-14-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD