Time to revive BB10? Now that Apple and Google have threatened to ban free speech Twitter from their app stores, Elon has threatened to create a new phone. Maybe BB10 was 7 years too early? The Passport is still my favourite phone, and I would love to see a revival.
    11-25-22 06:09 PM
    Time to revive BB10? Now that Apple and Google have threatened to ban free speech Twitter from their app stores, Elon has threatened to create a new phone. Maybe BB10 was 7 years too early? The Passport is still my favourite phone, and I would love to see a revival.
    Long time no see...

But what you suggest is not going to happen.

"The CB 1M Challenge, where the pantless people go"
    11-25-22 06:16 PM
    Long time no see...

But what you suggest is not going to happen.

Let us dream. Nothing useful ever came to be without being first a dream for somebody.
    11-25-22 06:31 PM
    He would have to develop an app store too and somehow lure companies to develop their apps for his OS. We know how well that always turns out.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
    11-25-22 10:54 PM
    True, I don't visit here often since I switched to a Nokia and the paid version of BB Hub stopped syncing my email. But when I do check in, I don't see a lot of activity. If not for Kevin's emotional attachment to this site, I think it would have folded at least a year ago.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw this bit of gossip out here. There was some positive buzz on FB about it.
    11-25-22 11:58 PM
    True, I don't visit here often since I switched to a Nokia and the paid version of BB Hub stopped syncing my email. But when I do check in, I don't see a lot of activity. If not for Kevin's emotional attachment to this site, I think it would have folded at least a year ago.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw this bit of gossip out here. There was some positive buzz on FB about it.
    There would be one potential advantage of a eLonaPhonium and that would be the end of the PKB vs VKB debate. Once we all get our Neuralink implants who's gonna need a keyboard?
    11-26-22 01:54 AM
    He would have to develop an app store too and somehow lure companies to develop their apps for his OS. We know how well that always turns out.

If he weren't otherwise occupied maybe he could hire it done. Hard to see it at the present time.
    11-26-22 07:49 AM
    If he weren't otherwise occupied maybe he could hire it done. Hard to see it at the present time.
    He's lost 50 of the top 100 advertisers on Twitter which made up $2 billion in revenue. While I don't doubt that he could create an OS and app store, I am not sure how many companies would be getting in line to develop and support a new app. An app store with just Twitter and Truth Social isn't going to be very successful lol.

Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-26-22 08:00 AM
    Idk first thing about Elon. ? He's GOT to be VERY busy? I personally suffer ever compounding backlog of collaboration communications within MY comparatively tiny circles of various projects. Can't fathom a pathetic ponder what keeping up with Elon's various and MASSive projects could be like. While simultaneously attempting to "live life"? ?? Using iOS? OMG!! lmao.

MY daily collaboration has suffered almost 30% since Bold's demise this past year. Without UH Pocket, I'd feel lucky to exchange 30% of daily collaborative communications over my GAWD AWFUL iOS mess. Loll. Somewhat better with various Sammy or Pixel attempts. Still working into those in preparation for "inevitable" glass hell. Lol

Slim's my non-secure short message heavy lifter while seated or standing. Pocket while "... In Motion". Such as while leash training exuberant Monster "not so puppy anymore".. (actually a pleasure now. Lol)..

I just can't visualize keeping on top of Elon's MASSive projects thru ANYthing less than Bold. I've breifely mused building my own "Bold". VERY breifely. Lol. Just to keep up with my variously "tiny" projects. Bold's probably the last thing in Elon's mind but I DO "get" why he might feel frustration over current offerings. Fwiw.
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-26-22 09:56 AM
    Idk first thing about Elon. ? He's GOT to be VERY busy? I personally suffer ever compounding backlog of collaboration communications within MY comparatively tiny circles of various projects. Can't fathom a pathetic ponder what keeping up with Elon's various and MASSive projects could be like. While simultaneously attempting to "live life"? ?? Using iOS? OMG!! lmao.

MY daily collaboration has suffered almost 30% since Bold's demise this past year. Without UH Pocket, I'd feel lucky to exchange 30% of daily collaborative communications over my GAWD AWFUL iOS mess. Loll. Somewhat better with various Sammy or Pixel attempts. Still working into those in preparation for "inevitable" glass hell. Lol

Slim's my non-secure short message heavy lifter while seated or standing. Pocket while "... In Motion". Such as while leash training exuberant Monster "not so puppy anymore".. (actually a pleasure now. Lol)..

I just can't visualize keeping on top of Elon's MASSive projects thru ANYthing less than Bold. I've breifely mused building my own "Bold". VERY breifely. Lol. Just to keep up with my variously "tiny" projects. Bold's probably the last thing in Elon's mind but I DO "get" why he might feel frustration over current offerings. Fwiw.
    he doesnt give 2 ****s about productivity, its all about his personal control
    grover5 and app_Developer like this.
    11-26-22 01:48 PM
    You outta get the profanity filter fixed. You do seem to like to use ****s and ******e a lot.
    11-26-22 01:58 PM
    Well, even "personal control" demands communications proficiency on SOME level. Imo.

SOME products my left thumb historically collaborated to produce have experienced "supply delays" recent months. Maybe some that's even been heard of? Lol. Loss of my Bold did NOT help that.

I just wish SOMEone gave ONE ****. Lol. They don't, won't and will never know what they never knew. Lol

No clue about Elon's motives, style, etc. SOMEone under his "control" is doing things I'd never attempt. Can't help but acknowledge that. Imo.
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-26-22 03:45 PM
    This is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    11-26-22 04:30 PM
    A Tesla phone would be an interesting alternative but doesn't he already have enough companies to run? The old T Mobile boss Legere, offered to run Twitter for him and Musk ignored him. Maybe Blackberry will have Legere once Chen leaves ������.
    11-26-22 05:56 PM

Interesting about HUB I to use the paid version and all my accounts work fine, what account stopped if I may ask?
    11-26-22 06:28 PM
    Interesting about HUB I to use the paid version and all my accounts work fine, what account stopped if I may ask?
    My email is hosted on paid MS Exchange. I found that my emails would show up immediately on Outlook, but would take over an hour to show up on the Hub. I stopped using Hub over a year ago, so I don't know if it's been updated and improved.
    11-26-22 08:46 PM
    I wouldn't trust Elon Musk to sell me a car, let alone a phone.

(Or convince me to use his social media platform)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    1raygin likes this.
    11-26-22 10:23 PM
    I wouldn't trust Elon Musk to sell me a car, let alone a phone.

(Or convince me to use his social media platform)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    And he would need to convinced enough educated and experienced OS engineers to leave Google, Apple, Samsung to join his crusade. That would be much harder for him to do today than it would have been a few years ago.
    11-26-22 10:35 PM
    As bad as Musk is at making social media intrusions he's at least deserving of some credit for actually getting things built like rockets, cars and alternative energy systems.

Can't say the same for the Bezos, Zuckerberg and the likes.

Paul Reichert likes this.
    11-26-22 11:53 PM
    As bad as Musk is at making social media intrusions he's at least deserving of some credit for actually getting things built like rockets, cars and alternative energy systems.

Can't say the same for the Bezos, Zuckerberg and the likes.

Agreed. But a lot of people want to see him go down, seen at various levels: web fora, mass media, personal acquaintances. No idea; tall poppy syndrome? Why the focus on him when there are many more worthy of contumely? He's definitely set some people's teeth on edge out of proportion to whatever sort of **** he is supposed to be.
    11-27-22 12:38 AM
    Agreed. But a lot of people want to see him go down, seen at various levels: web fora, mass media, personal acquaintances. No idea; tall poppy syndrome? Why the focus on him when there are many more worthy of contumely? He's definitely set some people's teeth on edge out of proportion to whatever sort of **** he is supposed to be.
    Give me a few minutes to respond, I'm gonna have to research some of the descriptors as presented.

11-27-22 12:44 AM
    Lol... Ford "pardoned" Nixon. Carter "pardoned" draft dodgers. Musk "pardoned" Trump? All "un- pardonable sins"?
    11-27-22 05:55 AM
    A Vapourware salesman is the perfect choice to develop and sell the 3rd global phone OS.
    11-27-22 09:11 AM
    Elon is an apartheid wealth baby. He’s an idiot and completely unnecessary beyond reminding us how far we still have to go in our evolution. He runs racist companies and is under investigation on several fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    11-27-22 12:21 PM
    My email is hosted on paid MS Exchange. I found that my emails would show up immediately on Outlook, but would take over an hour to show up on the Hub. I stopped using Hub over a year ago, so I don't know if it's been updated and improved.
    Interesting I still use it with my corporate server as well as g mail and aol. It has been upgraded a few times.
    11-27-22 04:07 PM
134 123 ...