Truly messed up. Just like POS'US....
    What does POSUS mean in the context of what you wrote?
    12-05-22 08:10 AM
    What does POSUS mean in the context of what you wrote?
    It's an adaptation of POTUS. The president of the United States (POTUS) is the head of state and head of government of the United States of America. The president directs the executive branch of the federal government and is the commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces.

Figure out the rest on your own.
    12-05-22 10:09 AM
    I totally agree.

However, the censoring of someone needs to meet a very high bar. It's not to be invoked easily. And "Twittergate" just proves how a hidden cabal of unaccountable morons can do so. It can happen to someone on the Left just as easily.

We need to view censorship of any persuasion with much skepticism. The Founding Fathers had a very good reason to make freedom of speech as Article I in the Bill of Rights. Elon threatening to build a new phone is a perfect shot across the bow of those who think we should do otherwise. The Republic is at stake.
    Yes, the Republic is very much at stake.

And to be clear, my opinion is that anyone on the Left absolutely should be banned if they are deliberately spreading misinformation which impacts public health, put hundreds of thousands of lives at immediate risk, or seeks to destabilize the social construct on which our constitutional republic is based.

I've been a Republican my entire life, btw. So this is not a left v right issue for me. or up or down. or red or blue. This is an issue of having sensible controls in an age of social media where so many people have proven that we need them. This is also an issue of holding people accountable for their actions, regardless of whether they happen to wear the same jersey as I do.

And we have never in the history of the United had untethered and absolute right to say whatever we want whenever. That wasn't true at all in the Adams administration, obviously . More recently in prohibition against draft card burnings, as another example. Or prohibitions against support for seditionists during the Civil War. There are laws against using speech to incite violence (supported by all the same people who ratified the first amendment). There are laws against incitement to insurrection. And multiple states recently affirmed limits to free speech in the cases against Alex Jones.

Every freedom comes with responsibilities. And no rights are unbounded. When people make up things which costs us lives, then the right to life is also fairly important and needs to be balanced into these decisions.

But again, if a Democrat President of the United States was to go unhinged and spread disinformation or incite violence on Twitter, I would definitely want him to be banned.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-05-22 11:22 AM
    Ahh, Grover. I only see his rants through the eyes of others now LOL.

Don't be like that now Grover, you won't be able to cope when President Brandon gets booted in 2024
    Odd. You’re scared to see my posts yet can’t stop posting about me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    12-05-22 11:26 AM
    I totally agree.

However, the censoring of someone needs to meet a very high bar. It's not to be invoked easily. And "Twittergate" just proves how a hidden cabal of unaccountable morons can do so. It can happen to someone on the Left just as easily.

We need to view censorship of any persuasion with much skepticism. The Founding Fathers had a very good reason to make freedom of speech as Article I in the Bill of Rights. Elon threatening to build a new phone is a perfect shot across the bow of those who think we should do otherwise. The Republic is at stake.
    This is very funny.

12-05-22 11:26 AM

And to be clear, my opinion is that anyone on the Left absolutely should be banned if they are deliberately spreading misinformation which impacts public health, put hundreds of thousands of lives at immediate risk, or seeks to destabilize the social construct on which our constitutional republic is based.

I've been a Republican my entire life, btw. So this is not a left v right issue for me. or up or down. or red or blue. This is an issue of having sensible controls in an age of social media where so many people have proven that we need them. This is also an issue of holding people accountable for their actions, regardless of whether they happen to wear the same jersey as I do.

And we have never in the history of the United had untethered and absolute right to say whatever we want whenever. That wasn't true at all in the Adams administration, obviously . More recently in prohibition against draft card burnings, as another example. Or prohibitions against support for seditionists during the Civil War. There are laws against using speech to incite violence (supported by all the same people who ratified the first amendment). There are laws against incitement to insurrection. And multiple states recently affirmed limits to free speech in the cases against Alex Jones.

Every freedom comes with responsibilities. And no rights are unbounded. When people make up things which costs us lives, then the right to life is also fairly important and needs to be balanced into these things.

But again, if a Democrat President of the United States was to go unhinged and spread disinformation or incite violence on Twitter, I would definitely want him to be banned.
    Very well said.

12-05-22 11:28 AM

Every freedom comes with responsibilities. And no rights are unbounded. When people make up things which costs us lives, then the right to life is also fairly important and needs to be balanced into these decisions.

Very well said and I totally agree.

And for the record, the former President is NOT helping his case by suggesting some parts of the Constitution may need to be nullified. It displays an outstanding ignorance of how things work. Elon once again rose to the occasion with a exquisitely balanced riposte that the Constitution is greater than any President. Forget about building a phone, he should consider high office, he's certainly displaying more marbles than the former or current occupant of Pennsylvania Avenue.

Addendum: Before I get any "gotcha" replies, I said "high office", not the "highest office" .
    shakingthrough likes this.
    12-05-22 11:51 AM
    Very well said and I totally agree.

And for the record, the former President is NOT helping his case by suggesting some parts of the Constitution may need to be nullified. It displays an outstanding ignorance of how things work. Elon once again rose to the occasion with a exquisitely balanced riposte that the Constitution is greater than any President. Forget about building a phone, he should consider high office, he's certainly displaying more marbles than the former or current occupant of Pennsylvania Avenue.

Addendum: Before I get any "gotcha" replies, I said "high office", not the "highest office" .
    What does Joe Biden have to do with any of this or you just don't like Centrists?
    12-05-22 12:26 PM
    Techoddysey has hashtagged the draft Elon Musk thing on his latest BlackBerry video. It's catching on.
    12-05-22 01:12 PM
    What does Joe Biden have to do with any of this or you just don't like Centrists?
    What does any talk of American politics or politicians have to do with a Vapourware salesman possibly making a phone?

Surprisingly, there's a whole world outside of the USA that are focussed on other things.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-05-22 03:28 PM
    It's an adaptation of POTUS....Figure out the rest on your own.
    Good bait and switch thrown in there, but still drawing a blank on it. Need your research and expertise assistance. Wouldn't want to try to guess. Still wondering what you meant by POSUS.
    12-05-22 03:56 PM
    Good bait and switch thrown in there, but still drawing a blank on it. Need your research and expertise assistance. Wouldn't want to try to guess. Still wondering what you meant by POSUS.
    POS of the US? A grand title, that.
    12-05-22 04:31 PM
    POS of the US? A grand title, that.
    You know what it means? I keep thinking something about a Point of Sale system for the US, but that doesn't make sense.
    12-05-22 05:37 PM
    You know what it means? I keep thinking something about a Point of Sale system for the US, but that doesn't make sense.
    Considering that for the former POTUS everything was up for sale, that makes good sense. Access, ethics, contracts, influence. Hmm, I could be talking about Clinton as much as about Trump.
    Last edited by Paul Reichert; 12-08-22 at 12:10 AM.
    12-05-22 05:57 PM
    Reasonable Society..... Where the Earth is still flat and Bigfoot still roams the backwoods and mankind never stepped on the Moon?
    Don't forget about the holocaust.

There are many people who deny that it ever happened.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    12-07-22 10:44 PM
    Don't forget about the holocaust.

There are many people who deny that it ever happened.

Too many
    cribble2k likes this.
    12-08-22 12:11 AM
    Too many
    But Donald was born after it happened. There is nothing worthy of remembering before that.

"The CB 1M Challenge, where the pantless people go"
    cribble2k likes this.
    12-08-22 12:26 AM
    But Donald was born after it happened. There is nothing worthy of remembering before that.

That doesn't make any sense. Either you or me are too tired at this hour.
    12-08-22 12:31 AM
    That doesn't make any sense. Either you or me are too tired at this hour.
    Do you think he has figured out POSUS yet?

12-08-22 12:33 AM
    Yamahammer, are you Canadian?

12-08-22 10:45 PM
    Yamahammer, are you Canadian?

All my life.

12-08-22 10:50 PM
    All my life.

Shout out from Ottawa!

12-08-22 11:16 PM
    Shout out from Ottawa!

Right back at ya from Winnipeg

cribble2k likes this.
    12-08-22 11:17 PM
    Shout out from Ottawa!

Paul Reichert is from Kitchener Waterloo lesser known as Berlin.

12-08-22 11:18 PM
    Paul Reichert is from Kitchener Waterloo lesser known as Berlin.

That, and the Centre Of The Universe.
    12-09-22 12:10 AM
134 ... 3456