View Poll Results: Are you addicted to your BlackBerry?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

540 72.48%
  • No

55 7.38%
  • Maybe

150 20.13%
    On the Eighth Day of CrackBerry,
    my favorite site gave to me,
    Eight Cards a Storing

To be entered for your chance to win this prize, reply to this post and
    Tell us your favorite BlackBerry Addiction story
    or your favorite tip/way to avoid or control the BlackBerry Addiction!

Prize Details: 2Gigs of Storage thanks to Dane Elec's 2GB MicroSD card. Warning: Additional storage space on your BlackBerry will only fuel the CrackBerry addiction further!

Visit the 12 Days of CrackBerry Site for Full Contest Details.

Prize Sponsored by: Dane Elec
    12-10-07 03:20 AM
    Well, shortly after I got my BB, I fell in love with the thing like anyone else would of course, I am a tech junkie and I will often times spend weeks playing with one gadget to tweak it the way I want (and often times talk about nothing else but the gadget during those weeks lol), but things were a lil different with my BB, My BB came with me everywhere, I go to bed...berry comes with...I move from one seat to the next berry follows with me...go to work berry comes with me, but that first time i got caught in the bathroom was funny, I have never taken an interest in a gadget that much as to take it to the bathroom with me, but it happened, I got busted on the can with my BB talking on the cb forums, not really a crazy addiction case where I had to hide it, but still funny none the less, the only other case I can think of where it really became a problem was at work, working ina place with approx 2500 employees on a daily basis you get to see alot of people in the run of a day, ya well, I was emailing a buddy of mine walking through the place when all of a sudden SMACK!!!....Darnwell walked into a wall fell down on my keister didn't lose the berry though and didn't stop the email, layed there right through spell check and send even though I could hear the crowd around me roaring laughing
    12-10-07 03:30 AM
    I usually check my BB or send txt etc when in traffic etc. Few days ago I had my dad in the car and ever so often I would hear messages coming into my BB and I was itching to take a look but that is something my dad would have none of so I had to just hear and bear it.
    As soon as my dad came out of the car and didn't even close the door yet I reached for my BB and checked up on messages and was txting etc. Really like a crack addict.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 03:47 AM
    I think that my addiction is rising every day...
    12-10-07 04:44 AM
    I have tried rehab, but I fell off the wagon shortly after leaving the center......
    12-10-07 04:49 AM
    I just can't put the thing down!
    12-10-07 05:30 AM
    i'm so addicted that i WON'T go into the bathroom to drop a deuce without my berry. Even if the battery is low, I will bring my charger and plug it up in the bathroom, lol... Admitting it is half the battle!!!
    12-10-07 05:50 AM
    I love my Blackberry, why would I want to control the addiction?
    I came into my addiction in April of 07, so I am very new to it. I have been missing out! It's the greatest thing invited for communication. No need to sit in front of the computer to keep in touch with anyone anymore.

My daughter is getting addicted too, I'm going to have have a berry for her first phone.
    12-10-07 06:21 AM
    Hi group, I'm Orle and I am addicated...
    12-10-07 06:25 AM
    I might be addicted. I have not gone more than a few hours without it yet... so I don't really know what withdrawl would be like.
    12-10-07 07:01 AM
    I don't want to control it at this point, only fuel it myself. then i keep telling myself i get a better understanding of how it works!
    12-10-07 08:15 AM
    Hmm, though one. I control my BB addiction by indulging in other addictions. Kids, work, computer games. Anything to break me from my lovely Curve's grasp.
    12-10-07 08:17 AM
    Set up the auto on and off. Your SO will appreciate it.
    12-10-07 08:30 AM
    Its too hard to put down and I wont go to rehab!!
    12-10-07 08:43 AM
    I am not too addicted to the BB per se. But I am addicted to cell phones in general. I am always getting new phones to try em out but I do admit, I ALWAYS come back to the BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 08:59 AM
    Well, I actually do put it down at home, but it's always within reach. The moment I leave the house, though, it's on me like a third arm!
    12-10-07 09:03 AM
    The addiction is a cellphone pda addition, then recently I just bought my Pearl. Now it has to be with me all the time in its nice little case. What's more important, reaching for the toilet paper or reaching for the Blackberry.
    12-10-07 09:17 AM
    I believe the addiction is there. I can't think of being without it for a day.

Addicted?
    12-10-07 09:24 AM
    I really am addicted to this phone, even if I dont have anything to do on my phone ill just play brick breaker or whatever that game is called
    12-10-07 09:30 AM
    I always have it with me. If I am cooking and it goes off I have to stop what I am doing to get it. HAHA it just went off and I stopped what I was doing to get it. (It's right next to me) I guess that is my addiction.
    12-10-07 09:34 AM
    Probably like most users here, I have the phantom hip vibrations and will check it when there is nothing there. I have also been through 6 BB's in the past 18 months.
    12-10-07 09:41 AM
    Am I an addict? Am I hooked on blackberry so I called myself a crackberry addict?
    Do I really care? I don�t and I admit it.
    The hack with the addiction. It feels good. This thing rocks.
    I think I should put a tattoo that saying �I am a crackberry addict and I am proud of it�.
    12-10-07 10:09 AM
    This is one addiction that has no cure...and do we really need one? Death to the iPhone! Viva Le Crackberry!!
    Last edited by sher_zx6r; 12-10-07 at 10:39 AM.
    12-10-07 10:31 AM
    My poor BB gets used and abused. Well used...I take good care of my baby!
    12-10-07 10:32 AM
    My fav story is that my wife thought I was crazy until I bought her one and now she can sit on the couch for hours with her Curve.

Keep up the great work Crackberry
    12-10-07 10:50 AM
712 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD