I have just been to 2 EE stores and got amazed by the response I got regarding BB....

EE stopped carrying BlackBerry phones almost a year ago and cancelled the contract with them as well....
    So no new BB10 phones from EE...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-09-14 05:26 AM
    Why amazed? This has been the case for a while now and pretty well known. Aside from CPW, the UK isn't as BlackBerry friendly as it once was. I'm more amazed that you find this amazing because well, you're a guy pretty in tune with things around here and the landscape for BlackBerry. How'd you miss this?
    10-09-14 05:31 AM
    I thought that they are just waiting for the Classic or another device and have not severed the ties completely....

This is what I found amazing.

O2 has no mention of BlackBerry on their site, but will carry the Classic...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-09-14 05:35 AM
    Sad to hear. Telstra and Optus apparently are not gonna carry BlackBerry phones anymore either. Hope that situation changes.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-09-14 05:41 AM
    Optus are certainly carrying the Passport. In store October 15!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:24 AM
    No UK carrier has cancelled their contractual agreements with BlackBerry. I've addressed this already in a previous post.

Choosing not to range specific devices isn't the same as ceasing BlackBerry contracts. Existing customers can still get service. BlackBerry smartphones are still offered to Business and Enterprise users - sometimes offered upfront, other times at request of customers.

Retail stores do not know the commercial terms with any OEM, BlackBerry included. They get told to sell products. They have no say in what operators range or provide to customers. All that is done at business level, and behind the scenes.

Operators should do more to promote their stance on BlackBerry support and new model introduction though.
    10-09-14 07:35 AM
    No UK carrier has cancelled their contractual agreements with BlackBerry. I've addressed this already in a previous post.

Choosing not to range specific devices isn't the same as ceasing BlackBerry contracts. Existing customers can still get service. BlackBerry smartphones are still offered to Business and Enterprise users - sometimes offered upfront, other times at request of customers.

Retail stores do not know the commercial terms with any OEM, BlackBerry included. They get told to sell products. They have no say in what operators range or provide to customers. All that is done at business level, and behind the scenes.

Operators should do more to promote their stance on BlackBerry support and new model introduction though.
    I agree that this is the current case here in Canada. Rogers up until recently only had the z10 on display. Q10, Q5 and z30 units were kept in stock drawers. You would have to ask for it. In other words, not for the consumer. I am not sure if BlackBerry has the inventory to meet display demands in every retail store.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 07:44 AM
    I only just discovered this news today - so you were not the only one late to this particular "party"!

So yeah, to confirm, EE no longer offer ANY BB hand-sets - regardless of whether or not you are a PAYG or Contract customers.

As a long-standing EE Customer - and also power-user of my BlackBerry Z10, I find this genuinely annoying and distressing news (yes, *distressing*). Why? Because I have no plans to move from EE at all (as their service has always been great for me personally) - but I now find my hands effectively tied, simply because EE offer NO BlackBerry handsets!!!

At the end of the day it will be therefore a straight choice: Sticking with EE (and moving to another Smartphone brand) - or trying to source a BlackBerry elsewhere (from what I can gather only Carphone Warehouse still offer them..)

I mean, how on EARTH do BlackBerry hope to hold onto *any* user base in the UK at all - with such (apparently..) limited options to actually OBTAIN one in the first place??!

Very disappointing news, from both EE *and* BlackBerry

Yours, disgruntled,
    John.
    10-15-14 04:56 AM
    I'm in the same situation with O2. They have until next August to provide me with a new Blackberry otherwise I'm afraid it's bye bye Blackberry, sad but true!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:56 PM
    Just go to Shop BlackBerry in the UK. You may also be able to get product through Amazon. Don't know how they operate in GB.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 09:35 PM
    They have amazon.uk

#BBFactCheck
    10-15-14 09:57 PM
    Plenty of BB phones on Amazon UK. Just type in the one you want in search

Steve/Boanerges Performance
    10-15-14 11:42 PM
    You guys sound as if it's impossible to find and use a BlackBerry on your UK networks.

Try being a Verizon customer for over 10 years, having no choice but to move to ATT if I want to use a Passport because even if I can buy it unlocked, it will never work on Verizon's CDMA network.

I did end up just buying my own Passport and switching,.. screw the carriers telling me what I should and shouldn't want to use.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 likes this.
    10-16-14 12:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wrong! It's october 16th and still no phones in stores

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:32 AM
    At least we are able to get our phones from Carphone Warehouse. They allow provide deals for every carrier except Three.

Verizon and Sprint need to finally move to GSM. They are the only ones in the world sticking with the outdated CDMA standard....

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:39 AM
    I'm getting inundated with calls from EE to upgrade. My Z10 I bought on second day of release from Carphone Warehouse offline. So I haven't upgraded for many years now. I tell them, I want to upgrade but only when BlackBerry releases the next flagship full touch. Hopefully they get the message.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:58 AM
    It's nothing new here in the UK.

But it doesn't mean you can't use EE on your BlackBerry 10 Devices. I use them.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:30 AM

O2 has no mention of BlackBerry on their site, but will carry the Classic...
    Where did you find that O2 will stock the Classic?

I have been in discussion with O2 via their online Community since March regarding their lack of BlackBerry handsets and in particular the decision not to stock the Passport. I finally got an official response yesterday from an O2 employee:

"The decision not to stock the Passport is a business decision based on several factors that we will not go into. Our goal is to range the best array of handsets that we feel customers will want - not the largest. We refresh our offerings regularly, removing old devices that no longer sell to make way for new devices and stock.

You can read more here: The future of BlackBerry on O2 - O2 Community
    10-16-14 02:27 PM
    It's kinda wierd. As BlackBerry seems to getting stronger. But we shall see

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:36 PM
    Where did you find that O2 will stock the Classic?

I have been in discussion with O2 via their online Community since March regarding their lack of BlackBerry handsets and in particular the decision not to stock the Passport. I finally got an official response yesterday from an O2 employee:

"The decision not to stock the Passport is a business decision based on several factors that we will not go into. Our goal is to range the best array of handsets that we feel customers will want - not the largest. We refresh our offerings regularly, removing old devices that no longer sell to make way for new devices and stock.

You can read more here: The future of BlackBerry on O2 - O2 Community
    I have been in quite a few O2 stores in london since I heard it the first time and this has been mentioned to me. The Classic will come. Two of the employees were impressed by the passport, showing me their Q10s.... those were different stores

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:50 PM
    I'm in the UK, do what I did, buy an unlocked BlackBerry and then get the best sim only deal, I use 3, and they don't offer any BlackBerry up front either!

Posted by my splendid Z10
    10-17-14 01:11 AM
    I'm in the UK, do what I did, buy an unlocked BlackBerry and then get the best sim only deal, I use 3, and they don't offer any BlackBerry up front either!

Posted by my splendid Z10
    The majority of customers can't afford to purchase up front. Which is why they go for a two year contract to spread the cost.

Also, warranties are much easier to deal with through the carriers.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.2977 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    10-17-14 01:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    It has not materialized yet. Friday 17th here. I guess it's a rumor.

I rang Optus sales hotline, they didn't have the faintest clue, they didn't even know the phone.

Try, I'd love to see somebody else have more success.

Call
    1800 780 219

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-17-14 02:23 AM