Hey there educators! If you have read about my recent #BoldMove, RIM is gifting me a PB and a 9900 to help me develop tools for educators. Working for a school, I have asked my colleagues and they have some ideas, but I'd like to know from you what tools would make your job easier as bb users. I could make a bar code scanner that you can use to take attendance by scanning the barcodes on your student's foreheads, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fare well...especially since the government hasn't rolled out barcode tatoo's at birth...yet.

What are some things you'd like to see on App World that is currently lacking?

I'll focus on developing for BB10, so let me know what you'd like to see and I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by mikelcal; 05-30-12 at 07:08 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    05-30-12 07:06 PM
    if you could create a scantron scanning App for a BB10 device that would be huge, being able to scan and email a grade to students as soon as they hand in the scantron,

and then also provide the teacher with a break down each questions answers, everyone got question 32 wrong, everyone got question 33 correct, 45% of people got question 43 correct etc, to help and educator quickly identify what his/her class needs more work on,
    05-30-12 07:18 PM
    I develop for the Playbook and released some apps, and also teach courses. Personally I am using webworks to create courseware. Structured self-contained website like courses with embedded video, sound and photos, and quizes/test forms which are submitted and graded automatically.

What I would like to do is make a freely downloadable template or a free software tool that allows the "lay" educator (non-programmer) to take their courses/powerpoint,etc. and easily convert to self-contained apps they could release on appworld.

I'd like appworld to have an education section, like iTunes University. We call it BB University, and have all the courseware dumped in there. Apple's iTunes U has been amazing for lecture podcasts. However, for written courses or readings/photos with embedded multimedia video/audio snippets, having an app would be ideal.

Not to mention, this would encourage the class to purchase playbooks to use for their courses as they would be downloading them from appworld.

Sound good?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    05-30-12 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD