Dear Crackberry Members,

I know I'm using an iPad...I'm sorry.

I have a beloved place in my heart for Blackberry. I have been using the system, phone and Playbook for a little over 3.5 years (PB since Christmas).

My question is, "Is there really any value for an educator (not administrator) to continue to use BB phones and the Playbook?

I keep waiting for more apps to develop in Education (especially Music) and there are next to none from the Music Education standpoint.

What I do LOVE about BB is the security, the easy of use, texting and emailing at blazing speeds, etc. However, the OS as is, really doesn't enhance anything I do in my classroom.

Any thoughts? Is this even an area that BB has considered targeting? Please don't tell me I'm going to have to buy Apple. I'm only using my cousins iPad while my Playbook charges.

Any thoughts, comments, insights or musings would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
    07-14-12 12:01 AM
    BlackBerry has a more business oriented approach. Apple has the education department covered, with a whole page dedicated to it. You shouldn't even be saying sorry that you're using an iPad, you're not doing anything wrong - it's your choice. Some users act like using an Apple device makes you the devil but it doesn't. (I wouldn't be surprised if I get quoted for that. )

Apple - Education

I know you don't want to hear about Apple but it's always good to explore.
    RIM also has a education apps section in App World. (It comes up on the web store)
    07-14-12 12:08 AM
    ...using an Apple device makes you the devil...
    It doesn't make you the devil, just one of his many minions!

In all reality though. I say for the education purposes, continue to use the iPad. It's got a ton of great apps for educators and I agree, there's no reason to apologize...
    07-14-12 12:19 AM
    Apple has revolutionised the tools used in the classroom though the creation of apps specifically geared towards education. RIM stayed focused on enterprise and, very late in the game, entering the consumer market. A lapse in judgement.

I would carry an iPad for classroom work but I would keep a BB. I will carry a BB as long as they continue to give me the very things that you mentioned.
    07-14-12 06:29 AM
    Choose the best tool for the job in hand - but don't be afraid to have more than one tool for different parts of the task.

If the only tool you own is a hammer... everything looks like a nail!
    07-14-12 05:49 PM
    Choose the best tool for the job in hand - but don't be afraid to have more than one tool for different parts of the task.

If the only tool you own is a hammer... everything looks like a nail!
    A hammer is a pretty good tool. Almost everything can be corrected with a hammer .
    07-14-12 05:51 PM
    A hammer is a pretty good tool. Almost everything and everyone can be corrected with a hammer .
    There...completed your post for you.
    07-14-12 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD