In a year from now, people here will be saying that they are just as productive or more on their Vienna as they were on their Classic / Passport.
    If that turns out to be true for me, I will be one seriously happy dude! I am hopeful that BlackBerry can improve the Android experience to the point where I can use it for work. But, I spent a couple of hours with the Priv, and it's not there yet..

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:30 PM
    Y'all and yer fancy electrified coffee machines.

I challenge y'all to 7 days of nuthin but instant coffee (maxwell house or tasters choice)... your choice..... you just won't be a happy taster. That'll make you appreciate yer fancy Frenchly ground presses even more.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:36 PM
    If that turns out to be true for me, I will be one seriously happy dude! I am hopeful that BlackBerry can improve the Android experience to the point where I can use it for work. But, I spent a couple of hours with the Priv, and it's not there yet..

Posted via CB10
    I hope BlackBerry does well with Android but it is kinda useless to those with work places that don't accept Android.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-10-16 08:38 PM
    On BB10; how about >> when in file manager ; 3 dot / select / copy or move to different folders.
    I count 3 to 4 steps not 7
    My post quoted MULTIPLE files to be moved to another folder.
    It will always be 1 more step because BB10 does not automatically go to "select more" mode like ES File Manager does. In BB10, you must click "select more" then go back and pick your remaining files.

Single file copy/move is equal if you use all navigatonal steps on each respective manager. ES File Manager, however, has a history last used folders so that can save steps in long run.

Anyways, we've already been through this. If a step or two means nothing to you, then this topic won't matter to you. Please try to keep up.
    01-11-16 03:43 AM
    Fanboys?

Hardly.... it was only very recently ios could do this without paying extra for some third party application. Some BlackBerry 'Fanboys' don't keep up with the recent latest versions of other operating systems with new 'innovative' improvements that just now equate to what BlackBerry has been able to do for years.

Congratulations ios9. Yay!

Let us all now celebrate!

Feel better now? I know I do.

BlackBerry Fanatachick

Posted via CB10
    The thing is, even if iOS had problems with multiple mail attachments, BB10 is not the default other option. Android can handle multiple email attachments and could do so since its inception. So, no, people did not run to BB10 for multiple mail attachments (even if that was even a problem for them), they would go to Android.

I don't know about the majority, but even on my work email, most emails are without attachments, and most of what's left are with only 1 file attached. I think under 5% of my emails have multiple attachments. I am not saying that the old limitation of iOS for only 1 attachment was good, but I can see why not a lot of people really complained.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-11-16 03:45 AM
    Speaking of File Mangers.....

I had a friend who downloaded a file on his iPhone 6. He wanted it to get it to a USB thumb drive from his phone. To my surprise, he couldn't do it and I asked where's his File Manager. He said they don't have one for iPhone. He would have to connect to iTunes and do something or another with a desktop or mac.

First of all, is this totally true? Those who have iPhones please inform us. Cuz on either my Android or BB10 Z30, USB OTG would have solved this issue in seconds.
    01-11-16 03:50 AM
    Unless you leave that off due to accidental deletes. Then you have to to touch that at top to turn it on then it's as you say. Then another touch to turn it off again.
    I always keep it on.
    01-11-16 04:14 AM
    Speaking of File Mangers.....

I had a friend who downloaded a file on his iPhone 6. He wanted it to get it to a USB thumb drive from his phone. To my surprise, he couldn't do it and I asked where's his File Manager. He said they don't have one for iPhone. He would have to connect to iTunes and do something or another with a desktop or mac.

First of all, is this totally true? Those who have iPhones please inform us. Cuz on either my Android or BB10 Z30, USB OTG would have solved this issue in seconds.
    Third party apps.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2015/05/t...e-manager-apps
    01-11-16 09:54 AM
    I have always said it, if it wasn't for the lack of certain banking apps, or maybe a few other useful apps available on all the other platforms, BB would of done much much better. BB tried to fill the app gap, with Amazon, but the problem was those critical apps were still missing. other than that BB10 is definitely, the best OS bar none. However unless something happens in the near future like universal apps, i would say, BB10 will be discontinued. So for now looks like Android is BB best alternative.
    01-11-16 11:36 AM
    I don't know about the majority, but even on my work email, most emails are without attachments, and most of what's left are with only 1 file attached.
    In my experience, many (if not most) businesses and companies I correspond with make "1 file attachment per email" a standard practice anyway. They usually have odd or misinformed reasons as to why they hold that practice, but it is what it is. :shrug: Typically I only use multiple attachments when sending pics.

But it's a moot point. The occasional need for multiple attachments is nearly obsolete anyway. Nowadays, everybody just shares access to folders or files via corporate or consumer cloud solutions.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-11-16 12:19 PM
    In my experience, many (if not most) businesses and companies I correspond with make "1 file attachment per email" a standard practice anyway. They usually have odd or misinformed reasons as to why they hold that practice, but it is what it is. :shrug: Typically I only use multiple attachments when sending pics.

But it's a moot point. The occasional need for multiple attachments is nearly obsolete anyway. Nowadays, everybody just shares access to folders or files via corporate or consumer cloud solutions.
    Your experience must be quite limited then.

Of my several dozen client companies, some of which are Fortune 100, it is still VERY common to send/receive email with multiple attachments.
    01-11-16 01:18 PM
    Except for most of those employees, they will respond and view emails
    (attachment included) using their laptop or desktop. Employees don't spend their whole workdays pecking on a smartphone to do their work.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-11-16 01:25 PM
    Ahh, email attachments. So wonderful. I love how you have to decide how much you trust someone first before you open them and check to see if their email has been hacked. Also, I love how sometimes you can't tell if there is an attachment or if it's simply someone's signature. Also, not knowing how big of a file you can send and testing it out is always a discovery. Ever have a big email attachment that was sent to you by your grandmother clog up your email downloading process? How about not knowing whether your big email attachment made it to the recipient or not? Was it held up by the corporate firewall? Priceless. Finally, you can't beat how cool it is to not know where in the world your file is going to be routed to via the unsecured email system.

Gotta love those email attachments.
    01-11-16 01:29 PM
    "I bought this smart phone because its email allows me to attach multiple attachments." says no one ever.
    JeepBB, grydlok, kvndoom and 2 others like this.
    01-11-16 01:32 PM
    There is a iOS app with the unusual name of "Multiple Attachments" and also "Multi-Attach Mail".
    01-11-16 01:38 PM
    The thing is, even if iOS had problems with multiple mail attachments, BB10 is not the default other option. Android can handle multiple email attachments and could do so since its inception. So, no, people did not run to BB10 for multiple mail attachments (even if that was even a problem for them), they would go to Android.

I don't know about the majority, but even on my work email, most emails are without attachments, and most of what's left are with only 1 file attached. I think under 5% of my emails have multiple attachments. I am not saying that the old limitation of iOS for only 1 attachment was good, but I can see why not a lot of people really complained.
    Thanks for the input, however, the comparison that I wasn't originally part of was ios vs. Bb.

Regardless, many workplaces like mine do not allow Android, so it's email attachment prowess is irrelevant to many.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 01:40 PM

Multiple email attachments are quite common in my line of work and becoming more numerous.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-11-16 01:44 PM

Yes, i occasionally get multiple emails but more frequently Dropbox or google docs. Actually getting them is fine in iOS. I'm learning about sending them here. I've been using iOS since they first had exchange mail (3s maybe) and everything I know about the problems (or not) sending emails I've learned here on CrackBerry.
    01-11-16 02:22 PM

One email attachment per email? I've never heard of such a policy with any of the hundreds of companies I've done business with. In my line of work, I rarely send fewer than three attachments, which include data, documentation, contracts and images.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 04:15 PM
    Y'all and yer fancy electrified coffee machines.

I challenge y'all to 7 days of nuthin but instant coffee (maxwell house or tasters choice)... your choice..... you just won't be a happy taster. That'll make you appreciate yer fancy Frenchly ground presses even more.

Posted via CB10
    Tasters choice? How about we just start fires in our backyard and make cowboy coffee?
    01-11-16 04:16 PM
    "I bought this smart phone because its email allows me to attach multiple attachments." says no one ever.
    Wrong. It's the single most important function for those of us who need to.maintain internal and external momentum for projects when away from our desks.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 04:17 PM
    Wrong. It's the single most important function for those of us who need to.maintain internal and external momentum for projects when away from our desks.

Posted via CB10
    Just the opposite for me. Cloud storage with collaborative editing replaced shuffling files via email years ago.

!
    01-11-16 05:03 PM
    Just the opposite for me. Cloud storage with collaborative editing replaced shuffling files via email years ago.

!
    This +100

Email being primary communication, for the most part, is a thing of the past. It's less efficient, it's dated, and not used nearly as much as it used to be. As much as diehards here might try to profess otherwise, it's simply just not the same game anymore. Shuffling files via email is so inefficient compared to more modern methods its questionable these days. Diehards who insist otherwise are just as guilty as those who professed GUI operating systems would never replace Text based UI's. If you're not keeping with the times and insisting on email correspondence, you're just resting on your laurels... which was the bane of RIM/BBRY.

Anybody who's STILL firing off 150+ individual emails a day (not accounting for multiple recipients) swapping correspondence is stuck in the past and doing it wrong. This coming from somebody who used to fire off that many emails per day from mobile devices (thank God those days are gone).
    01-11-16 05:38 PM
    Blackberry's been doing it for years because that's what they were about, email. They are the best at doing email, no doubt. Then the world changed and decided it wanted more out of a device.
    But hey, the others could have caught up by now...
    Ah, yes, they went down App Avenue... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-11-16 06:05 PM
    But hey, the others could have caught up by now...
    Ah, yes, they went down App Avenue... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    The others did both. Apps and email for business and consumers. Email alone Blackberry still does it better.
    01-11-16 06:10 PM
492 ... 17181920