I use all three platforms I don't think it is more efficient. In addition there are all the areas where BlackBerry 10 is far behind iO and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Please elaborate!

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    01-10-16 01:43 PM
    Exactly!

The whole idea that BB10 failed because the average person liked something else is ludicrous.

The average person, in fact almost every potential customer on the planet... never even knew BB10 existed.

Posted via CB10
    Philosophically speaking, the masses trend toward mediocrity.

Perfection demands effort and discipline.

Mediocrity takes little if any effort.

That is why historically only 5 of 100 people are exceptional, and they are often despised for 'being different.'

01-10-16 01:57 PM

That is why historically only 5 of 100 people are exceptional, and they are often despised for 'being different.'

With all due respect, is this the best you can do? The masses trend toward mediocrity? The business and consumer world is getting by just fine, aren't they? The only thing mediocre is responses like this which take no thought or consume no work.

This sounds like the elitism others like to pin on iphone users.
    01-10-16 02:15 PM
    BBadopter111:

What is your very productive BB10 phone?
    I've been happy with the classic and z10. But there's a Passport SE in my very near future, because it's so much better for reading documents and Web pages. I'm really not knocking iOS, or Android for that matter, for other, more general, use cases. They just aren't as good for me at this time. I also own an iPhone 5s and a Note 4, which I use for testing Web sites and emails.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-10-16 02:23 PM

By mediocre do you mean a software release years late and full of bugs in 2013?

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-10-16 03:16 PM
    Please elaborate!

It seems quite clear.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 03:17 PM
    I only discovered that problem here. It isn't true. It is done differently and in some ways not as good as in BlackBerry 10 but in some ways better.

Posted via CB10
    I am not being confrontational here but truly curious. Is it a fallacy that you CANNOT attach 2 or more different files to an email with an iPhone? For instance can you attach and send a. Jpg, a. Pdf, and maybe a. Txt file all on the same email and sucessfully send and receive them?

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    01-10-16 03:38 PM
    I find it ironic that as I sit and use my phone based on BlackBerry 10, the king OS of swiping gestures, that my wife can delete messages from her Android phone by swiping them to the right with one quick gesture and I can't.

Posted via CB10
    Normal I file individually to specific folders or just leave as is (automatically marked as "read") instead of mass-delete.

Yesterday I found out how fast tapping down a row of unwanted messages or notifications can be when you have "instant actions" enabled in BlackBerry Hub... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-10-16 03:41 PM
    I am not being confrontational here but truly curious. Is it a fallacy that you CANNOT attach 2 or more different files to an email with an iPhone? For instance can you attach and send a. Jpg, a. Pdf, and maybe a. Txt file all on the same email and sucessfully send and receive them?

Must be made for enterprise... :-D

(like the quote, btw... "...this is the way they want it? Well, they get it... )

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-10-16 03:49 PM

Yes you can attach all of those and any number of them you want, and you could always receive them. The "BB10 is the only platform that can attach files to emails" is just one of those things that keeps going and going because its the one thing that hardcore BB10 fanboys could say that their phone could do that iOS can't do, but it just isn't true with iOS 9. You could still do it with older versions of the OS but it wasn't baked into the stock email app like it is now.
    brookie229 and jallister like this.
    01-10-16 04:00 PM
    Yes you can attach all of those and any number of them you want, and you could always receive them. The "BB10 is the only platform that can attach files to emails" is just one of those things that keeps going and going because its the one thing that hardcore BB10 fanboys could say that their phone could do that iOS can't do, but it just isn't true with iOS 9. You could still do it with older versions of the OS but it wasn't baked into the stock email app like it is now.
    Thanks! I thought as much but was not quite sure.
    01-10-16 04:36 PM
    Maybe that's why this one feature touted so highly around here just really isn't that important to the 99.5% of the smart phone users.

And it's more comical that users here still keep harping about it.

I don't see how really great of a file manager it is. It does the job, but it's not exceptional in any way.

As a matter of fact it sometimes is a bit cumbersome.

For example.... (see I give examples): copying multiple files from one folder to another on stock BB10 file manager

-select first file with long press
    -select "select more" from side menu
    -click on other files
    -open side menu
    -press "copy to"
    -acknowledge the instructions to navigate to target folder
    -navigate and press paste.

Seven total steps.

ES file explorer on Android
    -select first file with long press
    -continue to select additional as the program recognizes this as a select more move.
    -press copy button on options menu that is already visible.
    -navigate and paste.

FOUR steps.
    Faster, easier, more productive on Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    On BB10; how about >> when in file manager ; 3 dot / select / copy or move to different folders.
    I count 3 to 4 steps not 7
    anon(8393425) likes this.
    01-10-16 04:51 PM

I haven't actually tried multiple docs. I was commenting on the fact that I can send a document and I can transfer it in any of multiple formats

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 06:28 PM
    Fanboys?

Hardly.... it was only very recently ios could do this without paying extra for some third party application. Some BlackBerry 'Fanboys' don't keep up with the recent latest versions of other operating systems with new 'innovative' improvements that just now equate to what BlackBerry has been able to do for years.

Congratulations ios9. Yay!

Let us all now celebrate!

Feel better now? I know I do.

BlackBerry Fanatachick

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 06:48 PM
    Fanboys?

Hardly.... it was only very recently ios could do this without paying extra for some third party application. Some BlackBerry 'Fanboys' don't keep up with the recent latest versions of other operating systems with new 'innovative' improvements that just now equate to what BlackBerry has been able to do for years.

Congratulations ios9. Yay!

Let us all now celebrate!

Feel better now? I know I do.

BlackBerry Fanatachick

Posted via CB10
    Just stating that it can in fact be done, no need to have a stroke over it. And yes, fanboys. What else would you call them? There are fanboys for every platform. If that's offensive to you my apologies but that's just the way it is.

Or you can call yourself a Fanatachick. Either way it's the same thing.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-10-16 06:58 PM
    Blackberry's been doing it for years because that's what they were about, email. They are the best at doing email, no doubt. Then the world changed and decided it wanted more out of a device.
    01-10-16 07:11 PM
    Just stating that it can in fact be done, no need to have a stroke over it. And yes, fanboys. What else would you call them? There are fanboys for every platform. If that's offensive to you my apologies but that's just the way it is.

Or you can call yourself a Fanatachick. Either way it's the same thing.
    Not having a stroke and not offended at all. Just pointing out that a smartphone fanboy denigrating other smartphone fanboys whom don't keep up with all recent platform improvements is not necessary, but if it makes you feel better, carry on.

Fanatatasticachick

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:14 PM
    Not having a stroke and not offended at all. Just pointing out that a smartphone fanboy denigrating other smartphone fanboys whom don't keep up with all recent platform improvements is not necessary, but if it makes you feel better, carry on.

Fanatatasticachick

Posted via CB10
    If people don't keep up with smartphone improvements then they probably shouldn't comment on what they think a platform can and can't do.
    01-10-16 07:16 PM
    Okay. That is a fair statement.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:25 PM
    With all due respect, is this the best you can do? The masses trend toward mediocrity? The business and consumer world is getting by just fine, aren't they? The only thing mediocre is responses like this which take no thought or consume no work.

This sounds like the elitism others like to pin on iphone users.
    This axiom applies to businesses as well.

I must have touched a raw nerve in your regard.

And, no, I have not achieved the elite status of the 5%. I hope to earn that status before I return to my Maker.

01-10-16 07:30 PM
    Blackberry's been doing it for years because that's what they were about, email. They are the best at doing email, no doubt. Then the world changed and decided it wanted more out of a device.
    I agree 100% with this, though I would add that BlackBerry has also been great at syncing tasks, notes and calendar items on traditional corporate platforms. And call quality. And the DAC in the Z10 is excellent. Blackberry is also adequate at a lot of other stuff, such as photographs and video and Web browsing. But it's not the best in any of those.

It's clear that a lot of people like doing other things on their phones. Personally, I just don't find phones or tablets to be very enjoyable to use for much else. I don't like watching video, taking pictures, listening to music, playing games or social networking on my phone or tablets. I watch video on my TV; take pictures with a digital camera; listen to music on a turntable with amp and speakers, or through a dedicated DAC and headphone amp on my computer; and play games and use social networks on my PC.

Some will say that that is too many devices, but I greatly prefer the experience on each of those platforms over phones and tablets.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:48 PM
    I agree 100% with this, though I would add that BlackBerry has also been great at syncing tasks, notes and calendar items on traditional corporate platforms. And call quality. And the DAC in the Z10 is excellent. Blackberry is also adequate at a lot of other stuff, such as photographs and video and Web browsing. But it's not the best in any of those.

It's clear that a lot of people like doing other things on their phones. Personally, I just don't find phones or tablets to be very enjoyable to use for much else. I don't like watching video, taking pictures, listening to music, playing games or social networking on my phone or tablets. I watch video on my TV; take pictures with a digital camera; listen to music on a turntable with amp and speakers, or through a dedicated DAC and headphone amp on my computer; and play games and use social networks on my PC.

Some will say that that is too many devices, but I greatly prefer the experience on each of those platforms over phones and tablets.

Posted via CB10
    Those devices all do a great job of their individual roles. Gosh, I haven't listened to music on a turntable in years! Might be fun. The thing that has changed I believe is being mobile. Getting a close to similar experience anywhere and at any moment. That's where smartphones get their popularity. Not necessary of course, but preferred by most at the moment.

I have left my Automatic coffee maker and am now using a French press. Takes a few minutes more but the end result is better in my opinion, so I understand your preferences.
    01-10-16 07:58 PM
    Those devices all do a great job of their individual roles. Gosh, I haven't listened to music on a turntable in years! Might be fun. The thing that has changed I believe is being mobile. Getting a close to similar experience anywhere and at any moment. That's where smartphones get their popularity. Not necessary of course, but preferred by most at the moment.

I have left my Automatic coffee maker and am now using a French press. Takes a few minutes more but the end result is better in my opinion, so I understand your preferences.
    I also grind my coffee beans just before brewing with a French press. Better is better. Most people just want convenience and probably don't notice the difference. I don't have that option. To me the differences are huge. I could never watch any movie I actually wanted to see on a phone, tablet, or computer screen.

Posted via CB10
    GenghisKahn2011 likes this.
    01-10-16 08:16 PM
    I also grind my coffee beans just before brewing with a French press. Better is better. Most people just want convenience and probably don't notice the difference. I don't have that option. To me the differences are huge. I could never watch any movie I actually wanted to see on a phone, tablet, or computer screen.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I grind my beans too.
    I don't watch movies on my iPhone but I do listen to music occasionally. My eyes are in worse shape than my ears!
    01-10-16 08:21 PM
    In a year from now, people here will be saying that they are just as productive or more on their Vienna as they were on their Classic / Passport.
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-10-16 08:23 PM
492 ... 1617181920