As a slightly above average consumer apps are a convenience in my daily activities, texting, web browsing, GPS functions, banking, shopping, social media that connects me with friends old and new. A smartphone is not required in my work. I only get work email on my phone for my convenience, many co-workers don't and never will want work emails to intrude in their after-hours.
    The management and sales force of course use their smart phones for work emails, I've seen both iphones and Android phones used. Not a single Blackberry in the bunch.
    If it wasn't for Cobalt I'm not sure how long I would have kept my Passport, or even have given it a try.
    If I didn't need or want apps I would still be using a flip phone. Apps are what makes smart phones smart.
    In work and in play the easier something is to use the more like it will get used.
    I work in a company of over 100 employees, I'm going to safely assume I'm the only person in the company who uses a Blackberry, and that has been since last March or April.
    The majority of smart phone users just wants the phone to work easily, run all the major, popular or the most useful apps easily. They don't want to have to patch apps or are interested in rooting.
    The ecosystem that allows them to do all that without a lot of thought will be the preferred one, along with affordable phones.
    Bbnivende, GadgetTravel and TGR1 like this.
    01-09-16 05:21 PM
    BB10 actually used to get top marks from HTML5 tests when in launched. But the competition improved at a rapid pace and the BB10 browser not so much. Also, Chrome is actually running Javascript better than most browsers as well.
    But also, as I recall the HTML5 score was just feature support and no measure of performance. If the browser was queried and says "yeah I support that" then it gets a pass even if it's implementation is slow.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    01-09-16 05:24 PM
    Yes. IPhone is very popular in the medical field. I do a lot of work with hospitals and large radiology practices

Posted via CB10
    And guess what? None of them have missed a beat with their productivity. My wife was a loyal BlackBerry user for a while but tried a Galaxy. She's had it for over 2 years and has never complained about a lack of productivity or difficulty in accomplishing everything she needs to get done as a MD. While I love BlackBerry, this whole "you can't be productive on an Android or iPhone" is such a farce.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, hjc73734, Ronindan and 1 others like this.
    01-09-16 07:40 PM
    Yes. IPhone is very popular in the medical field. I do a lot of work with hospitals and large radiology practices

I have really, really tried to like iOS. I bought an iPhone back in 2011, and used it for almost two years until the Z10 was released. But I never enjoyed it and was always slower than I had been on my BlackBerry 9700 when it came to writing, both because of the VKB and more importantly due to the lack of precision in text editing functions. The only thing I preferred over BB07 was the Web browsing experience, though the lack of Flash support used to be very, very frustrating. I pretty much determined that glass slab phones were the problem, and that I'd need to stick with PKB devices.

Then, in 2013 I bought my first Z10 and experienced a huge change in perspective. I was able to type FASTER than I could on my 9700 due to the VKB auto complete, and editing was more precise, though never as good as on a PKB.

My life would be SO MUCH EASIER if I could use an iPhone as effortlessly as I can my BB10 phone, but, given that I was faster on my Z10 with a brand new OS after just a couple days, after using an iPhone for more than 20 months, I had to admit that I simply hate the iOS approach to almost every task. I find it counter-intuitive, clunky and just plain annoying.

This hasn't improved with later iOS versions either. I always keep the latest model iPad around for Web site testing, but I find I'd rather boot up my laptop, which can take several minutes to complete, than deal with the browser or email experience in iOS.

Sorry, let me stop before I go off the rails even more. Like I said, I wish iOS did it for me, because my life would be easier.

Posted via CB10
    I think many people would feel the exact opposite towards BB10 and iOS.
    01-09-16 08:03 PM
    Yes, and you make sure you're always here to point that out.
    01-09-16 09:14 PM
    Not necessarily. They're comfortable with iOS, but that's likely because they haven't been shown a more efficient way to navigate their phone's messaging features.
    01-10-16 01:46 AM
    Not necessarily. They're comfortable with iOS, but that's likely because they haven't been shown a more efficient way to navigate their phone's messaging features.
    I use all three platforms I don't think it is more efficient. In addition there are all the areas where BlackBerry 10 is far behind iO and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-10-16 06:52 AM
    Lack of apps/ecosystem, poor customer service, lack of stores etc. mean people won't change even if you give them a free device. Sure, you might get some, but not enough to make a difference.
    kbz1960 and MikeX74 like this.
    01-10-16 07:26 AM
    I use all three platforms I don't think it is more efficient. In addition there are all the areas where BlackBerry 10 is far behind iO and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this exclusive efficiency is a myth.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-10-16 08:53 AM
    And guess what? None of them have missed a beat with their productivity. My wife was a loyal BlackBerry user for a while but tried a Galaxy. She's had it for over 2 years and has never complained about a lack of productivity or difficulty in accomplishing everything she needs to get done as a MD. While I love BlackBerry, this whole "you can't be productive on an Android or iPhone" is such a farce.

Posted via CB10
    That's the narrative that the company fed it's hardcore fanboys and they bought it, hook, line, and sinker. "Tools, not toys," right? Utter foolishness.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-10-16 09:21 AM
    The average person never used bb10. I think it is superior but app access will always trump everything.
    Exactly!

The whole idea that BB10 failed because the average person liked something else is ludicrous.

The average person, in fact almost every potential customer on the planet... never even knew BB10 existed.

Posted via CB10
    GenghisKahn2011 likes this.
    01-10-16 09:41 AM
    Hmmmm...there are too many "average" peoples on this planet...

Posted via Priv...
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-10-16 09:51 AM
    Yes, not being able to attach a file to an email you're sending with an iphone is just as efficient as being able to attach a file to an email you're sending with a BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Ronindan likes this.
    01-10-16 09:54 AM
    Yes, not being able to attach a file to an email you're sending with an iphone is just as efficient as being able to attach a file to an email you're sending with a BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    The thing is, you can attach a file to an email your sending on a iPhone.
    01-10-16 10:11 AM
    You can attach a physical keyboard to an iphone, too.
    01-10-16 10:22 AM
    Exactly!

The whole idea that BB10 failed because the average person liked something else is ludicrous.

The average person, in fact almost every potential customer on the planet... never even knew BB10 existed.

Posted via CB10
    Which does not prove they would have preferred BB10.
    jallister likes this.
    01-10-16 10:32 AM
    Exactly. I've done it myself.
    01-10-16 10:36 AM
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    But does it mean they would have even tried it? I know tons of people that have always used iPhones and have never had an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:01 AM
    Aaa

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:04 AM
    The reason why most people don't believe that BB10 is more efficient or fluid or whatever than there other mobile operating systems is that one would have to believe that companies that easily have 20X more talent and resources to devote to platform development can't do what BlackBerry software engineers did before they were laid off last year. It's more likely that people find it more productive, intuitive, efficient, etc. to use what they are used to .
    01-10-16 11:18 AM
    I only discovered that problem here. It isn't true. It is done differently and in some ways not as good as in BlackBerry 10 but in some ways better.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:26 AM
    Exactly!

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry lost about 99% of their business to their competitors. Lost business.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:29 AM
    The reason why most people don't believe that BB10 is more efficient or fluid or whatever than there other mobile operating systems is that one would have to believe that companies that easily have 20X more talent and resources to devote to platform development can't do what BlackBerry software engineers did before they were laid off last year. It's more likely that people find it more productive, intuitive, efficient, etc. to use what they are used to .
    Very true. I'm convinced it was all timing. If BB10 had been released before ios or Android the story may be different. When people get used to something and are generally happy with it, telling them something different can do something in 2 steps instead of 3 is not going to get them to change. You need something more dramatic which BB10, or any of the other players, do not possess.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-10-16 11:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    "Productivity" is a measure of output/input, so it's different for different task sets. Anyone who uses the term generally isn't credible. I am measurably much more productive on my BB10 phone than on iOS, but my tasks may differ drastically from another person's.

I churn out 10-12K words a day in 100-150 emails on seven email accounts on my mobile phone while I am away from my desk. Some of these messages are internal, but most are to clients. I have to quickly triage and respond to emails with attachments in as close to real time as possible. Sometimes I look at websites for additional information. Those are the only significant outputs that I use to measure relative device productivity. All emails need to be letter perfect for grammar and spelling.

The input is time.

I really, really wish that I was faster on iOS than I am on BB10. It would make my life so much easier. But it's just not the case. Every part of email handling is slower on iOS, from account switching to notification to opening, to attachment handling, to sending and filing/deleting. The keyboard is less accurate for me, and the editing features are less precise.

So, for my personal measure of productivity, and that of most of my company's customer-facing staff, BB10 is still a better choice for now. More customer contacts per hour = more $ per hour for our company, which is a direct measure of productivity.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and TheAuthority like this.
    01-10-16 11:46 AM
    BBadopter111:

What is your very productive BB10 phone?
    01-10-16 01:31 PM
492 ... 1516171819 ...