Pay for what? I paid BlackBerry $700 for my phone because of how much I like the OS, so yes. I could get a phone with the same hardware specs for several hundred dollars less.

Posted via CB10
    I would happily pay BlackBerry $10 a month to maintain BB10 with only security patches and bug fixes for the core apps, including the browser. I would pay that for our 50 BlackBerry carrying employees as well. $6K a year for 50 users would be a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 08:55 AM
    Android is total crap and a nightmare to use. this is why blackberry users are up in arms. send the message to chen that we dont want this crap!!

Posted via CBX
    This is ridiculous. I have a Samsung, iPhone and a BlackBerry. They all email , text , and take pictures. They all do not run apps well. Once you get up to speed on any one phone and if you take the time to learn the nuances each one is works well.

I like the settings menus on the iPhone but the browser font is too small. The graphics are a little garish on my Samsung. My BlackBerry is slow and needs an upgrade but BlackBerry and app work arounds do not always work and are unreliable.

BlackBerry is the PKB . The PKB market is small but the BB10 market is smaller. I would rather have a PKB model that works as well as other phones than to limp along with BB10. None of the various phone platforms are crap. Right now and just speaking for myself, I find that Android works the best .
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-09-16 at 11:36 AM.
    TGR1 likes this.
    01-09-16 10:40 AM
    But you can do a long press of an individual message to bring up the trash can. Let's not act like it's not an option. I use it all the time. And it's still two actions.

Posted via CB10
    I always leave mine in triage mode--one tap on garbage can is all I ever use here. Oh and before I get flamed again by anyone and just for posterity, the one swipe by android is just as efficient. No difference in my experience.

What we got here is failure to communicate....
    01-09-16 11:16 AM
    I always leave mine in triage mode--one tap on garbage can is all I ever use here. Oh and before I get flamed again by anyone and just for posterity, the one swipe by android is just as efficient. No difference in my experience.

I tried to leave mine in triage mode but kept deleting messages I didn't want to. And twice my entire Hub was emptied.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-09-16 11:23 AM
    I would happily pay BlackBerry $10 a month to maintain BB10 with only security patches and bug fixes for the core apps, including the browser. I would pay that for our 50 BlackBerry carrying employees as well. $6K a year for 50 users would be a no brainer.

Posted via CB10
    I proposed this on CrackBerry several months ago and was largely ridiculed.

Nonetheless, I believe it is an option worth consideration.

I grow weary of pervasive attitudes of entitlement to something for nothing.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    01-09-16 11:24 AM
    I tried to leave mine in triage mode but kept deleting messages I didn't want to. And twice my entire Hub was emptied.

Posted via CB10
    Ouch! I've never had this happen but I can definitely see why you are reluctant to use it again.

01-09-16 11:32 AM
    Ouch! I've never had this happen but I can definitely see why you are reluctant to use it again.

I saw all messages on my screen were highlighted as I hit the trash can icon. Luckily, both times, I quickly deleted my 2 email accounts and was able to avoid complete deletion of their inboxes.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-09-16 12:21 PM
    There aren't very many companies that can pull off getting some of their customers to pay to maintain their unprofitable lines. People will swallow paying more for something but they hate paying even a little bit more for something that should be included. Imagine the uproar if a restaurant had a sign that says "Restrooms- Free" and "CLEAN Restrooms $2". People would riot even though $2 is not much to pay to use a clean restroom when you want one.
    01-09-16 12:33 PM
    There aren't very many companies that can pull off getting some of their customers to pay to maintain their unprofitable lines. People will swallow paying more for something but they hate paying even a little bit more for something that should be included. Imagine the uproar if a restaurant had a sign that says "Restrooms- Free" and "CLEAN Restrooms $2". People would riot even though $2 is not much to pay to use a clean restroom when you want one.
    Maybe none?
    01-09-16 12:40 PM
    This is ridiculous. I have a Samsung, iPhone and a BlackBerry. They all email , text , and take pictures. They all do not run apps well. Once you get up to speed on any one phone and if you take the time to learn the nuances each one is works well.

I like the settings menus on the iPhone but the browser font is too small. The graphics are a little garish on my Samsung. My BlackBerry is slow and needs an upgrade but BlackBerry and app work arounds do not always work and are unreliable.

BlackBerry is the PKB . The PKB market is small but the BB10 market is smaller. I would rather have a PKB model that works as well as other phones than to limp along with BB10. None of the various phone platforms are crap. Right now and just speaking for myself, I find that Android works the best .
    You can change the font size on iOS. Settings>Display & Brightness>Text Size.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-09-16 01:07 PM
    A good way to shop for apps in the Playstore is to see how often the developer update their apps. The quality app in the playstore are usually the ones that have an extensive update history.
    It's not my phone so I am not bothered by it, and we hardly use our Android tablet either. I also think you can get App fatigue. More devices should just work right out of the box without this reliance on 3rd party apps for better camera, file management, social communication etc etc. When you are a working parent, with active kids and extracurricular activities, you'd rather do something else with your free time than sift through app reviews. A good book for instance. I don't mind sifting through those reviews.

Posted via Classic
    01-09-16 01:51 PM
    It's not my phone so I am not bothered by it, and we hardly use our Android tablet either. I also think you can get App fatigue. More devices should just work right out of the box without this reliance on 3rd party apps for better camera, file management, social communication etc etc. When you are a working parent, with active kids and extracurricular activities, you'd rather do something else with your free time than sift through app reviews. A good book for instance. I don't mind sifting through those reviews.

Posted via Classic
    LOL y'all make app procurement sound like a full time job. It is an interesting phenomenon to say the least.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-09-16 02:18 PM
    LOL y'all make app procurement sound like a full time job. It is an interesting phenomenon to say the least.
    I agree. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to find the highest rated apps. It's not rocket science.
    01-09-16 02:33 PM
    You can change the font size on iOS. Settings>Display & Brightness>Text Size.
    Does not change the Browser font size. My eyes are just not good enough for Safari or Chrome on iOS. The desktop browser on both Android and BB10 are much better for font size.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-09-16 at 03:10 PM.
    01-09-16 02:36 PM
    Companies will happily pay for services that increase productivity and/or reduce risk. We buy BB10 phones for our customer facing staff and executive team because they do both. We do not expect companies to give us stuff for free. We pay for Office 365 because it's worth it. The same goes for our CRM platforms, cloud servers, BES10, etc. I don't expect any of them for free. Paying for BB10 would be no different.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:11 PM
    I agree. It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to find the highest rated apps. It's not rocket science.
    That works great for individuals with their own data. But most businesses have IT governance that prohibits letting people use whatever they want for company and client data.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:13 PM
    That works great for individuals with their own data. But most businesses have IT governance that prohibits letting people use whatever they want for company and client data.

Posted via CB10
    Of course. In that case you are using what your IT department tells you you're using. I think we're talking more about consumers.
    01-09-16 03:17 PM
    Of course. In that case you are using what your IT department tells you you're using. I think we're talking more about consumers.
    That's the problem I have with both Android and iOS. They are geared towards consumer desires to play with lots of apps.

If I only needed a smart phone for my personal needs, and if I cared about apps, I would probably choose an Android phone simply because I can't stand the look and feel of iOS. And I really would spend much time thinking about which apps to use because, really, what does it matter?

As for your comment of letting the IT department tell you what to use, my IT department would tell you to use a Blackberry or an iPhone because they cannot certify Android phones for accessing corporate data.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:38 PM
    That's the problem I have with both Android and iOS. They are geared towards consumer desires to play with lots of apps.

If I only needed a smart phone for my personal needs, and if I cared about apps, I would probably choose an Android phone simply because I can't stand the look and feel of iOS. And I really would spend much time thinking about which apps to use because, really, what does it matter?

As for your comment of letting the IT department tell you what to use, my IT department would tell you to use a Blackberry or an iPhone because they cannot certify Android phones for accessing corporate data.

Posted via CB10
    We use iphones. No problems being both a consumer and business device.
    01-09-16 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    And for every company like yours, there are places like mine that have dropped BES and no longer provide even email setup support for BlackBerry. And I work at a large medical center that handles sensitive information.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:49 PM
    We are only allowed BlackBerry or iPhone where I work. I would say that most whom were supplied free phones chose iPhone, while us schmucks whom had to pay for our own, often chose a less expensive route.

Android and windows not allowed.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:55 PM
    And just to followup, BlackBerry phones used to dominate as the phone of choice for doctors. But they have all moved a while ago before BES was dropped.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:58 PM
    And just to followup, BlackBerry phones used to dominate as the phone of choice for doctors. But they have all moved a while ago before BES was dropped.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. I work in the medical field also and Apple owns it.
    01-09-16 04:10 PM
    Yup. I work in the medical field also and Apple owns it.
    Yeah, residents in some departments are even issued iPads. All the medical software for managing patients is of course not available for BlackBerry. And even the most popular apps used personally by doctors aren't available for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 01-09-16 at 04:45 PM.
    TgeekB and DINGSTER1 like this.
    01-09-16 04:28 PM
    And for every company like yours, there are places like mine that have dropped BES and no longer provide even email setup support for BlackBerry. And I work at a large medical center that handles sensitive information.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. IPhone is very popular in the medical field. I do a lot of work with hospitals and large radiology practices

I have really, really tried to like iOS. I bought an iPhone back in 2011, and used it for almost two years until the Z10 was released. But I never enjoyed it and was always slower than I had been on my BlackBerry 9700 when it came to writing, both because of the VKB and more importantly due to the lack of precision in text editing functions. The only thing I preferred over BB07 was the Web browsing experience, though the lack of Flash support used to be very, very frustrating. I pretty much determined that glass slab phones were the problem, and that I'd need to stick with PKB devices.

Then, in 2013 I bought my first Z10 and experienced a huge change in perspective. I was able to type FASTER than I could on my 9700 due to the VKB auto complete, and editing was more precise, though never as good as on a PKB.

My life would be SO MUCH EASIER if I could use an iPhone as effortlessly as I can my BB10 phone, but, given that I was faster on my Z10 with a brand new OS after just a couple days, after using an iPhone for more than 20 months, I had to admit that I simply hate the iOS approach to almost every task. I find it counter-intuitive, clunky and just plain annoying.

This hasn't improved with later iOS versions either. I always keep the latest model iPad around for Web site testing, but I find I'd rather boot up my laptop, which can take several minutes to complete, than deal with the browser or email experience in iOS.

Sorry, let me stop before I go off the rails even more. Like I said, I wish iOS did it for me, because my life would be easier.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 04:51 PM
492 ... 1415161718 ...