Debating which os has better swipes, gestures, etc is pretty much a moot point. Kinda how people compare a hi res screen on a Windows pc and a retina screen in a mac. It really just comes down to the users preference and how people take advantage of them.

In regards to hub, android notification tray is pretty much does the same thing. Its main focus is to allow the user to quickly decide if a certain notification is important enough for the user act upon immediately or the user can delay responding to it. Again it not less productive compared to the hub, it just a different path on how the user takes advantage of it to become productive.
    01-08-16 10:45 AM
    Yup, apps are useless and all they do is waste your time.

Smartphone-based system does job of pancreas, treats type 1 diabetes | Ars Technica
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    01-08-16 11:08 AM
    Yup, apps are useless and all they do is waste your time.

Smartphone-based system does job of pancreas, treats type 1 diabetes | Ars Technica
    You could do the same thing with a website though.
    01-08-16 11:22 AM
    Just as we are talking about productivity, does the Priv (or Android/iOS in general ) have the "Hub attachments" feature?

Sometimes I think "omg, now I have to find that e-mail again with that document attached...", but then there is "Hub attachments"...and after a few seconds scrolling I get it.

This neat little feature must have saved me HOURS already when I have to respond from my phone.

Posted via CB10
    On my Samsung you can filter by attachments . There is also an advanced search function.
    01-08-16 11:29 AM
    You could do the same thing with a website though.
    LOL!

You know that's just a gimmick...
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    01-08-16 01:09 PM
    Because that gesture is used to go back in bb10. I don't think hitting a trash icon vs swiping in the same area make any difference.
    Couldnt the same be true of swiping up vs pressing the home button?
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-08-16 02:32 PM
    Exactly. Good example.
    And don't get me started on the 5 swipes to reset the Hub. Because that always works the first time I try it. ..

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 02:57 PM
    Yeah but the problem with your statement is that you can get all of those things with other platforms. File sharing, great battery life, etc. can all be done on others.

Multitasking on a call? Now its being claimed that only BB10 users can do this? Where on earth did someone come up with this? I can multitask on any phone I want while on a call.

Keyboard I'll give you, if you want a physical one.
    Sharing on BB10 is super easy. The File Manager that comes with BB10 by default is very nice, works great (no indexing) and you can plug cloud services into it like DropBox.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 for Christmas and I have to say even with this mature Android OS I still feel the BB10 OS is way more elegant. Given how easy it is to port too it is a mystery to me why app developers didn't want to support BB10 (IMHO app developers are device fanboys too). Many android apps were ported to BB10 by the community and worked fine.
    01-08-16 03:39 PM
    I can. I have a Nexus 6P. The Priv will be able to do this in the next few months. Then what are you going to say? Oh yeah, you'll just revert to 6th grade "Priv sucks!"
    I didn't say that the Priv sucks nor did I say anything about the Nexus 6P (which is completely unrelated). I know that the app permissions will be available once the Priv has marshmallow. I might switch to the Priv once that happens, so don't just assume I hate the Priv. I was just pointing out that the Priv currently has some weaknesses that do not come with BB10. BB10 obviously has its own weaknesses as well.
    01-08-16 04:29 PM
    .......I don't think hitting a trash icon vs swiping in the same area make any difference.
    swiping to delete is one motion... task done
    the garbage can thing is long press and then hit trash can icon. Two steps. One of which is a long press which takes extra time too.

Sure it's just one extra step. but it's important to certain people.
    01-08-16 04:53 PM
    Couldnt the same be true of swiping up vs pressing the home button?
    Well swiping up and using a home button is a single step. It wouldn't make a difference efficiency wise.

The problem with the swipe up is that it can be confused with other in app commands if the user is a bit sloppy with the swiping.
    01-08-16 05:01 PM
    And don't get me started on the 5 swipes to reset the Hub. Because that always works the first time I try it. ..

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the issue with swiping commands in my experience is that if it doesn't work the first time or second time, it's a lot of wasted motions. Whereas a button press is way less physical and the hand movement signifcantly less than gestures.
    01-08-16 05:03 PM
    If you don't need to guarantee security for the files you're accessing with the file manager, it may not matter at all. I can tell you that my company signs contracts with our clients that we will protect their data, and that would preclude us from using a file manager that we randomly download from an app store. Blackberry has a track record and a fantastic reputation for protecting enterprise data. That makes it an easy decision.

I'm not saying that there isn't a company that can guarantee the same level of security for Android file management. But the standard answer of "There are tons of file managers on Android. Just pick one." is an end user mentality that does not work for organizations who have a responsibility to protect data.

If one of my employees gave access to client data to a random app from the Google app store, we would fire him or her out of hand for violating company policy and endangering our contracts.

By the way, we are not an intelligence or defense contractor. Most business contracts have language that makes protecting their data a requirement.

Posted via CB10
    Curious, would you pay for it? If so, how much?
    01-08-16 07:33 PM
    the garbage can thing is long press and then hit trash can icon. Two steps. One of which is a long press which takes extra time too.

It's not a long press. The trash icon is visible in triage mode for each email.
    01-08-16 10:12 PM
    It's not a long press. The trash icon is visible in triage mode for each email.
    Is this via the hub? What is triage mode ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-09-16 12:49 AM
    Is this via the hub? What is triage mode ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The icon in the top right of the Hub that sticks the two buttons onto every email. Intended for quick sort/delete.
    01-09-16 01:20 AM

There is no long press in the BB10 to delete an email/message. Just one touch of the trash can symbol next to the message.
    01-09-16 02:19 AM
    There is no long press in the BB10 to delete an email/message. Just one touch of the trash can symbol next to the message.
    Unless you leave that off due to accidental deletes. Then you have to to touch that at top to turn it on then it's as you say. Then another touch to turn it off again.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    01-09-16 05:57 AM
    But you can do a long press of an individual message to bring up the trash can. Let's not act like it's not an option. I use it all the time. And it's still two actions.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 07:20 AM
    Android is total crap and a nightmare to use. this is why blackberry users are up in arms. send the message to chen that we dont want this crap!!

Posted via CBX
    ssbtech likes this.
    01-09-16 07:37 AM
    Android is total crap and a nightmare to use. this is why blackberry users are up in arms. send the message to chen that we dont want this crap!!

Posted via CBX
    Android is not total crap. Stop being a drama queen. I've had 5 Android phones and have enjoyed all of those. I love my Passport and like my wife's Priv. If I have to go Android to keep getting the best BlackBerry phone with a PKB then so be it. The Priv isn't the one for me due to size, but the next one (Vienna?) just might be the one. I do prefer BB10 for the major function differences from Android, but the Priv comes close. I think the next phone or OS update will come closer to the Blackberry experience.
    GadgetTravel and tufcustomer like this.
    01-09-16 07:52 AM

Posted via CBX
    And the general public does not care about BB10 - that is all the message that Chen cares about.
    01-09-16 08:05 AM
    We have gone thru the frustration of finding a good smart tag app for my husband's S5, so I know what u mean OP. I liken the Google Play store like shopping at WalMart. Huge selection, can be overwhelming and makes me want to crawl in a corner and cry. But BlackBerry World is getting smaller and smaller. Like an Aldi's, lol. I have an Android tablet thinking I will use it more for apps, but that hasn't happened yet as it gathers dust.

Posted via Classic
    01-09-16 08:30 AM
    We have gone thru the frustration of finding a good smart tag app for my husband's S5, so I know what u mean OP. I liken the Google Play store like shopping at WalMart. Huge selection, can be overwhelming and makes me want to crawl in a corner and cry. But BlackBerry World is getting smaller and smaller. Like an Aldi's, lol. I have an Android tablet thinking I will use it more for apps, but that hasn't happened yet as it gathers dust.

Posted via Classic
    A good way to shop for apps in the Playstore is to see how often the developer update their apps. The quality app in the playstore are usually the ones that have an extensive update history.
    01-09-16 08:44 AM
    Curious, would you pay for it? If so, how much?
    Pay for what? I paid BlackBerry $700 for my phone because of how much I like the OS, so yes. I could get a phone with the same hardware specs for several hundred dollars less.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 08:52 AM
492 ... 1314151617 ...