I do think bb10 apps were of a higher quality then many apps on android at least from the smaller developers. I tend to avoid apps from small developers on android while I wasn't nearly as hesitant on bb10.
    examples?
    01-04-16 03:57 PM
    There are some banking apps on Bb10. For the rest, there are banking and Uber websites that you can access with the browser, just like you do on your PC.

Netflix is available in the Amazon store and works very well on the Passport.

For chatting you can use BBM on all platforms.
    Sure there are other chatting apps, but I am sure anybody with IoS or android who wants to chat to you could download BBM if they really wanted to chat with you...

The app gap isn't as dramatic as some would like it described and the Priv sales so far prove that, since the majority of BB10 users, the only ones who are supposedly app deprived, did not buy a Priv.
    We all know that workarounds are possible but it's not what we've been talking about here for a while now.

People do not want to use the browser for e-banking, nor do they want to use it for uber. The Amazon app store is a pain to use and it is not offering the full choice of Android apps and BBW is all but dead.

We can discuss here all day how app XY can "easily" be setup on a BB10 device or how happy CrackBerrian YZ is with his box full of links to his favorite mobile website services.

People, even enterprises, basically everybody except for a few (really really few) loyalists have chosen not to go with BB10, and the poor ecosystem is one of the reasons.

Users have a number of options on hand and they simply want to go with the most common, most proven ones, offering all they want out of the box without workarounds or the necessity to go through any kind of modification.

For the most people out there, there simply aren't enough reasons to buy BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 03:57 PM
    Android apps are a complete joke. Half work OK and the other half don't work. Consistent nonsense app updates that fix nothing, and only annoying the user. Android fortunately is still in 2007, old and crippled. And there's no lipstick'ing this pig to make it better. Nothing can touch BB10's superiority in app design and OS.

Worst case, Google or Apple, dump there useless OS's and call BB10 there own, then brag about inventing it. lol
    This was meant as a joke, right?
    01-04-16 04:24 PM
    This was meant as a joke, right?
    Note joking at all. Putting lipstick on pigs does not work.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-04-16 05:03 PM
    Note joking at all. Putting lipstick on pigs does not work.
    Still waiting for examples of this.

The apps on my android all work fine for the most part .
    The apps on my BlackBerry work fine too, but not as refined as Android alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 05:28 PM
    Are we still talking pigs or smartphones?
    01-04-16 05:30 PM
    I do think bb10 apps were of a higher quality then many apps on android at least from the smaller developers. I tend to avoid apps from small developers on android while I wasn't nearly as hesitant on bb10.
    The magical BlackBerry ecosystem. The OS was developed with far fewer resources than iOS or Android but is magically superior in every way even though the team was laid off months ago. Now, the small time developers on BB10 magically have better apps than iOS or Android developers with more resources, customers, and competition.
    01-04-16 05:42 PM
    Are we still talking pigs or smartphones?
    I was talking pigs. The smartphone analogy doesn't even make sense to me as a joke.
    01-04-16 06:23 PM
    I was talking pigs. The smartphone analogy doesn't even make sense to me as a joke.
    What examples do you have?
    I'd be interested to know!
    01-04-16 06:36 PM
    The magical BlackBerry ecosystem. The OS was developed with far fewer resources than iOS or Android but is magically superior in every way even though the team was laid off months ago. Now, the small time developers on BB10 magically have better apps than iOS or Android developers with more resources, customers, and competition.
    The team being laid off has nothings to do with anything and yes a smaller team can put out superior products in many cases. I have all 3 platforms and sorry but apps on ios and android really aren't superior at all but they do have all the name apps that don't exist for bb10. I still very much think the app UI paradigm of bb10 is superior after using all 3 platforms routinely.
    01-04-16 07:06 PM
    The team being laid off has nothings to do with anything and yes a smaller team can put out superior products in many cases. I have all 3 platforms and sorry but apps on ios and android really aren't superior at all but they do have all the name apps that don't exist for bb10. I still very much think the app UI paradigm of bb10 is superior after using all 3 platforms routinely.
    More claims with no examples or details.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Elephant_Canyon and miker476 like this.
    01-04-16 07:37 PM
    More claims with no examples or details.

Not having to hit the back button to go back is superior. Not having to go to the top of the app to reach menus is superior.

Some of you just can't give bb an ounce of credit on anything.
    miker476 likes this.
    01-04-16 07:40 PM
    Not having to hit the back button to go back is superior. Not having to go to the top of the app to reach menus is superior.

That's subjective not fact.
    Having used both, i can honestly say one is not better then the other.

I will say i did like the fact that Blackberry was more stricter then Google when it came to apps in their app store, so it meant native BB10 apps had a basic uniformity to them that you dont get on Android . I think thats what you are thinking off perhaps?
    However that could even be a contributing factor as to why developers stopped developing for the platform, possibly.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-04-16 07:54 PM

I don't think it's about not giving credit. BB10 is a nice OS, but the average person did not find those gestures superior. They were already OK with what they had.
    01-04-16 07:55 PM
    I don't think it's about not giving credit. BB10 is a nice OS, but the average person did not find those gestures superior. They were already OK with what they had.
    The average person never used bb10. I think it is superior but app access will always trump everything.
    miker476 likes this.
    01-04-16 07:58 PM
    The average person never used bb10. I think it is superior but app access will always trump everything.
    Can't argue with that.
    01-04-16 08:03 PM
    That's subjective not fact.
    Having used both, i can honestly say one is not better then the other.

I will say i did like the fact that Blackberry was more stricter then Google when it came to apps in their app store, so it meant native BB10 apps had a basic uniformity to them that you dont get on Android . I think thats what you are thinking off perhaps?
    However that could even be a contributing factor as to why developers stopped developing for the platform, possibly.
    I think not having access to areas needed to make the app good and work as intended was. I heard a lot of devs say, sorry I can't add that feature as I can't access that so the app will never do what it does on other platforms.
    darkehawke likes this.
    01-04-16 08:14 PM
    People we're ok with tapes, until someone invented the cd, then people were ok with cds and mp3s came out etc.

Those gestures, while not groundbreaking are quicker to perform. Even if only very marginally, and of no real importance to most.

Being ok with what you have doesn't mean there can't be improved on.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 08:18 PM
    People we're ok with tapes, until someone invented the cd, then people were ok with cds and mp3s came out etc.

Those gestures, while not groundbreaking are quicker to perform. Even if only very marginally, and of no real importance to most.

Posted via CB10
    True, but if I've been buying Fords for 20 years and are happy with the product and service, you're going to really have to woo me in order to get me to start buying Chevy's, right? Just saying it has a better radio probably won't do it.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    01-04-16 08:24 PM

That qualifies as half the apps don't work? Exaggerate much? That's pretty weak. That's more of a design style comparison not app comparison. You're taking about apps being superior.

Where are the specific app comparisons? Bb10 version being superior to the Android alternative?

01-04-16 08:27 PM
    That qualifies as half the apps don't work? Exaggerate much? That's pretty weak.

What are you even talking about? I never said they didn't work. Just lower quality.
    01-04-16 08:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thats the thing though. They seem quicker but are not really that quicker if at all. After a year and a half without using them i cant say how i use my device has slowed.
    Going back to BB10 now it just seems slow and cumbersome, but i know once i get used to it it will seem much quicker. Same with non gestures.
    You get used to a way and it works fine
    01-04-16 08:29 PM
    What are you even talking about? I never said they didn't work. Just lower quality.
    Ok then give examples of app vs app. Not design language.

I already mentioned two in my previous posts. I can't get any bb10 media player to match that of mx player pro on Android. I can't find a high quality pod cast player to match the features of beyond pod.

Can you help me out?

01-04-16 08:34 PM
    Ok then give examples of app vs app. Not design language.

You're crazy. But anyway many apps on android look more amateurish and don't follow the lollipop ui. 10.3 did all the work itself to update the ui of apps.

And for my android and ios devices I use a vpn back home and privoxy just to kill the overabundance of ads on many apps.
    01-04-16 08:39 PM
    You're crazy. But anyway many apps on android look more amateurish and don't follow the lollipop ui. 10.3 did all the work itself to update the ui of apps.

And for my android and ios devices I use a vpn back home and privoxy just to kill the overabundance of ads on many apps.

You can't give examples and I'm crazy.LOL ok.

Can anyone help me out on those two apps?

01-04-16 08:51 PM
492 ... 56789 ...