Amen !!! My Passport can side load anything I need and it works smoothly. I also run many big name apps. DISH, ADT,as well as others. Run fine. BB needs to figure out how to get the OS 10 experience on the Priv, as a business owner I can tell you we will not be moving to Priv's until they get the bugs out. Our job is not to trouble shoot for them.
    01-02-16 10:14 AM
    Amen !!! My Passport can side load anything I need and it works smoothly. I also run many big name apps. DISH, ADT,as well as others. Run fine. BB needs to figure out how to get the OS 10 experience on the Priv, as a business owner I can tell you we will not be moving to Priv's until they get the bugs out. Our job is not to trouble shoot for them.
    Isn't the whole act of sideloading really a form of troubleshooting?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 10:24 AM
    BB10 is way perfect for normal needs and efficiency. For me apps issue is just a hype excluding professional apps banking etc.
    Errr... I imagine now a days you cant really use words like normal and efficiency in a single sentence on crackberry. Last time I tried that and darth vader appeared out of nowhere with army of droids.
    ps: I forgot to mention that a little chihuahua was also there with darth vader who kept snapping at my heels.
    Last edited by HereticHermit; 01-02-16 at 12:12 PM.
    01-02-16 10:32 AM
    LOL
    01-02-16 10:42 AM
    BB10 never had flash
    If it never had flash, how did they take out flash?

Ecosystem hype-10.3.1-no-flash.png
    anon3969612 likes this.
    01-02-16 12:35 PM
    I was BB10 user(Passport) and what I was reading whole last year on CB that BB10 lacking apps and eco system.
    Now I have switched to Priv(Android) and I am on hunt to find basic apps like Explorer, Video, Gallery etc..
    I think hundreds of apps were installed and removed. Almost all apps having different issues, I installed many Explorers and some need seconds to index files and some crashes most of the times. I am even ready to buy apps to get rid of stupid and annoying ads but didn't find reliable apps to spend my money. BB10 is way perfect for normal needs and efficiency. For me apps issue is just a hype excluding professional apps banking etc.

Posted via Priv...
    +1, ditto, I feel the same way and any other words or phrases that mean "I agree "!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    01-02-16 01:20 PM
    BB10 never had flash
    We've always been at war with Eastasia.
    01-02-16 01:30 PM
    Not really, side loading is straight forward. My point would also be that side loading is an option. The priv operating system is not.
    01-02-16 05:50 PM
    Not really, side loading is straight forward. My point would also be that side loading is an option. The priv operating system is not.
    Sideloading is anything but straightforward. In today's mobile market, it's a broken option.
    JeepBB, TgeekB, MikeX74 and 1 others like this.
    01-02-16 05:57 PM
    Sideloading is anything but straightforward. In today's mobile market, it's a broken option.
    Yes, it's not like it comes with the documentation on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 06:04 PM
    Yes, it's not like it comes with the documentation on the phone or is on the BlackBerry website.

Posted via CB10
    Oops, meant to edit previous!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 06:07 PM
    I have to peruse news websites in my job. They all still use flash.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 09:55 PM
    If it never had flash, how did they take out flash?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.3.1-No-Flash.png 
Views:	432 
Size:	385.5 KB 
ID:	386399
    I don't know because my Browser has never had flash and I've had the phone for 2 years.
    01-03-16 06:44 AM
    Give it time. BB10 wasn't a perfected OS on launch either. Still isn't.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:49 AM
    I understand what the OP means. When I first got my Windows phone it was a shock to have search out a functional email app. To me that was a very basic thing that had to work well and I just assumed that every platform had it. Not so much.

I discovered that out of the box BlackBerry had all the basic functionality that I needed. On any other platform I need to download apps to get to the same level of usability.

I'm surprised though that you're having the same issue with the priv. I would have thought it would have had the same basic level of apps of other BB10 products.
    01-03-16 08:25 AM
    BB10 is way perfect for normal needs and efficiency. For me apps issue is just a hype excluding professional apps banking etc.

Posted via Priv...
    I love BB10 and am not a huge app person by any stretch (easy to add web shortcuts), but the sad truth is that even in Canada (BlackBerry's home with probably more BB devices per capita than other countries) many banks, news outlets, retailers, etc., either never made a BB10 app or ended support for their BB10 apps, while still supporting Android and iOS apps. Unfortunately, I think that this speaks volumes.
    TgeekB, kbz1960 and Ronindan like this.
    01-03-16 08:51 AM
    I understand what the OP means. When I first got my Windows phone it was a shock to have search out a functional email app. To me that was a very basic thing that had to work well and I just assumed that every platform had it. Not so much.
    ...webOS is the only other OS to be out of the box ready to go!

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    01-03-16 09:51 AM
    I have to peruse news websites in my job. They all still use flash.

Posted via CB10
    Loaded this shortly after the 10.2.1 browser discontinued flash:

Adobe Flash Browser for BlackBerry 10.3.1 ? v1.0.0.24 Released ? FileArchiveHaven

And for those who find file loading too hard:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59963924

I run it for checking industrial equipment monitoring web access portals and contractor safety training videos, all of which are Flash and not going to be updated to HTML 5 anytime soon.

It's funny when I take an online safety training course on my Passport and the sites warn:

'Mobile browsers not supported! You must take this course on a desktop computer!'

And I continue with the Flash browser and have the course done up and can proceed without driving back to the office.

Flash ain't dead yet
    01-03-16 09:53 AM
    This last quarter if it wasn't for Priv sales Blackberry may of only sold 600,000 BB10 devices. That's a fraction of a percent, do you really think they can continue to sell so few phones and not lose tons of money. So it's nice to hear people squawking about how great BB10 is yet no one buys them. If Priv fails to sell in the next quarter, Blackberry will be out of hardware business. And then everybody will be buying other phones. So what is the bottom line? Ther are a few thousand BB fans left, and how does that help Blackberry? So yes they made the right move going to Android. They will sell more phones than before, and it will save the hardware business. That's all the shareholder cares about.
    01-03-16 12:46 PM
    Has anyone noticed that since BB went Android they have been getting more positive press, than they used to? Even wall street is cautiously optimistic on Blackberry. Sure there are still some yoko Apple fan bois sites bashing Blackberry but a lot less than before. So for the time being it looks like BB made the right move going to Android. Also their stock price has gone up more than 20% in the last few weeks putting a smile on the Shareholders face for sure.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    01-03-16 12:53 PM
    Maybe but they need the Vienna ASAP and they should team up with another manufacturer to make a great all touch.
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-03-16 12:53 PM
    Man... Probably not even a third of all music I buy can even be bought on a CD anymore. And I still have the first CD's I bought back in the 80's when they were becoming all the shiz. The times, they do change!

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Like now vinyl is on a comeback selling at a premium. Not everything new is better! I still use vinyl and cds in fact, I buy most of my music on CD format.
    Listening right now to my Zac Brown CD ,Jekyll and Hyde . Simply better! Like BlackBerry recently Jekyll and Hyde policies!
    Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 01:01 PM
    People on CB complaining about having to download a couple of apps on a different platform? The majority have reached this point side loading and installing playstore work arounds on BB10. Talk about hypocrisy. Before the Priv running Android was official, most of us (myself included), were clamoring for a BB10 iteration with Google Play Services and Playstore.

Posted via CB10
    Ronindan and kbz1960 like this.
    01-03-16 01:19 PM
    People on CB complaining about having to download a couple of apps on a different platform? The majority have reached this point side loading and installing playstore work arounds on BB10. Talk about hypocrisy. Before the Priv running Android was official, most of us (myself included), were clamoring for a BB10 iteration with Google Play Services and Playstore.

Posted via CB10
    You missed the Ops point!

Finding quality apps equivalent to the stock apps built into BlackBerry 10 is at best a crap shoot.

It takes time AND money to eventually isolate Android apps that work marginally well compared to the BlackBerry 10 counterparts.

01-03-16 01:29 PM
    You missed the Ops point!

Finding quality apps equivalent to the stock apps built into BlackBerry 10 is at best a crap shoot.

It takes time AND money to eventually isolate Android apps that work marginally well compared to the BlackBerry 10 counterparts.

Finding any relevant apps on BB10's native app store is a crap shoot so I'll deal with having to look around the playstore a bit. You have to pay for apps in BlackBerry App World that most platforms offer for free, so the time and money you seem to have to exert with android is being exerted here too. Let's assume the android in question is the variant on the Priv. Outside of a file manager which alternative there are many, what exactly is missing, rather what is missing that with time BlackBerry won't end up adding themselves?

Posted via CB10
    cribble2k likes this.
    01-03-16 01:50 PM
492 ... 23456 ...