I was BB10 user(Passport) and what I was reading whole last year on CB that BB10 lacking apps and eco system.
    Now I have switched to Priv(Android) and I am on hunt to find basic apps like Explorer, Video, Gallery etc..
    I think hundreds of apps were installed and removed. Almost all apps having different issues, I installed many Explorers and some need seconds to index files and some crashes most of the times. I am even ready to buy apps to get rid of stupid and annoying ads but didn't find reliable apps to spend my money. BB10 is way perfect for normal needs and efficiency. For me apps issue is just a hype excluding professional apps banking etc.

Posted via Priv...
    01-01-16 03:29 AM
    I was BB10 user(Passport) and what I was reading whole last year on CB that BB10 lacking apps and eco system.
    Now I have switched to Priv(Android) and I am on hunt to find basic apps like Explorer, Video, Gallery etc..
    I think hundreds of apps were installed and removed. Almost all apps having different issues, I installed many Explorers and some need seconds to index files and some crashes most of the times. I am even ready to buy apps to get rid of stupid and annoying ads but didn't find reliable apps to spend my money. BB10 is way perfect for normal needs and efficiency. For me apps issue is just a hype excluding professional apps banking etc.

Posted via Priv...
    At the risk of sounding both condescending and insulting, give "the man a cigar". Of course, fully accepting gender unknown.

I am in full agreement about the app, app, app, app focus. As I have wrote elsewhere, I have challenged members of my team to delete all the unnecessary apps and try to use the ones only required. Typically number of apps comes down to 10 or so. And I while I can not comment, those who have used a temporary phone that is a BB, comment that the FB, Insta, etc., experience was not as bad, and indeed acceptable, compared to Android or iOS.
    01-01-16 03:53 AM
    I think that all the apps which cater to the use of the OS on BB10 are actually very good, like the file explorer, hub, browser, and even the gallery.

However, what most people are missing are "big name" apps on BB10. Banking, Uber, Hotels, Airlines, Social Media, messaging (e.g. Kakao Talk, Snap Chat), Netflix etc etc
    All that stuff is actually very difficult to find on BB10 and sideloading is often not an option or rather a poor workaround than a satisfying solution.

So yes, as it was also often elicited here, BB10 might work very well for people who don't require apps for any reason, for many others it's often attached to inconvenience.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, TgeekB, menshawy and 4 others like this.
    01-01-16 05:04 AM
    I think that all the apps which cater to the use of the OS on BB10 are actually very good, like the file explorer, hub, browser, and even the gallery.

However, what most people are missing are "big name" apps on BB10. Banking, Uber, Hotels, Airlines, Social Media, messaging (e.g. Kakao Talk, Snap Chat), Netflix etc etc
    All that stuff is actually very difficult to find on BB10 and sideloading is often not an option or rather a poor workaround than a satisfying solution.

So yes, as it was also often elicited here, BB10 might work very well for people who don't require apps for any reason, for many others it's often attached to inconvenience.

Posted via CB10
    Looking back at this thread I come to the same conclusion I already had.

So others have all the brand-name apps (*), but are badly lacking basic functionality and mobile computing essentials we've come to take pretty much for granted...

...like a file manager (that integrates so much stuff), easy-peasy sharing (whatever, whichever way to whoever), email and phone (battery, reception, multitasking while on a call), note-taking ... and last but not least, a really good keyboard (p or v, your pick).

:-)

(* which let you participate in certain entertainment channels, message a communicate a certain way using someone's product or platform, or get a task done a certain way using someone's proprietary system, like Xero, Quickbooks, or Invoice2go).

(several edits: for clarity)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-01-16 06:01 AM
    Looking back at this thread I come to the same conclusion I already had.

So others have all the brand-name apps (*), but are badly lacking basic functionality and mobile computing essentials we've come to take pretty much for granted...

...like a file manager (that integrates so much stuff), easy-peasy sharing (whatever, whichever way to whoever), email and phone (battery, reception, multitasking while on a call), note-taking ... and last but not least, a really good keyboard (p or v, your pick).

:-)

(* which let you participate in certain entertainment channels, message a communicate a certain way using someone's product or platform, or get a task done a certain way using someone's proprietary system, like Xero, Quickbooks, or Invoice2go).

(several edits: for clarity)

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Yeah but the problem with your statement is that you can get all of those things with other platforms. File sharing, great battery life, etc. can all be done on others.

Multitasking on a call? Now its being claimed that only BB10 users can do this? Where on earth did someone come up with this? I can multitask on any phone I want while on a call.

Keyboard I'll give you, if you want a physical one.
    01-01-16 08:24 AM

Posted via Priv...
    Did you even read your post? People don't exclude "professional apps banking etc". That's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon and bp2k7 like this.
    01-01-16 09:37 AM
    Yeah but the problem with your statement is that you can get all of those things with other platforms. File sharing, great battery life, etc. can all be done on others.

Multitasking on a call? Now its being claimed that only BB10 users can do this? Where on earth did someone come up with this? I can multitask on any phone I want while on a call.

Pretty much this.
    Not sure what File explorer the Op has used. I've not found one that hasnt worked yet.
    Not that i need it since most OEM's provide one anyway
    01-01-16 10:22 AM
    Did you even read your post? People don't exclude "professional apps banking etc". That's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I said " excluding " War boy!!! Did you even read mine ????

Posted via Priv...
    01-01-16 11:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    My bank produced Android and iOS apps for personal accounts. For my business account, the app rerouted me to use a Web browser to access my business account.

I believe the future belongs to HTML5. The desire to write once run everywhere seems to be gaining momentum.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile
    jope28 and whitland like this.
    01-01-16 12:20 PM

The Ops point is you have to hunt and peck to find apps that just barely measure up to what is built into BlackBerry 10.

He is tired of wasting his time and money trying to replicate the true BlackBerry Experience in Android!

01-01-16 12:23 PM
    Yea apps are so overrated. I've been telling people that for years. BlackBerry has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to tech. BlackBerry comes ready to work out of the box. For example, BlackBerry's browser supersedes the others when it comes to html5. The other platforms don't even come with native file managers; go to their app storefronts and sift through the rubbish if you want one. Anyway, it seems even rubbish mainstream media is starting to admit apps are not all that:

The App-ocalypse: Can Web standards make mobile apps obsolete? | Ars Technica
    BB_PP and lift like this.
    01-01-16 12:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll give you one example. Teladoc now has an app. You can communicate with their doctors if you have a medical issue. No app for BB10.

I just got a yuneec typhoon 500 drone . No app on BB10 unless I use Android. Same for Phantom.

Competitors are using periscope to stream. Can't use a native app for it.

Now I can use cobalt of snap as workarounds for some of these apps but if I didn't, I'd be screwed and I love my passport.

Posted via CB10
    Gazza12 likes this.
    01-01-16 12:27 PM
    As an all touch user, there was really nothing to keep me in the BlackBerry tent. I find my Android device better and the OS fully capable for my use. I particularly like having full access to the Google store with no work arounds.
    I hope that BlackBerry can make a good Android phone at a reasonable price to bring me back into the fold.
    01-01-16 12:52 PM
    The Ops point is you have to hunt and peck to find apps that just barely measure up to what is built into BlackBerry 10.

He is tired of wasting his time and money trying to replicate the true BlackBerry Experience in Android!

What, a file explorer? Please tell me what else he has to hunt and peck for outside of that.

And why does Cobalt exist if apps mean nothing to Blackberry users? Blackberry users spend more time trying to get certain apps for their phone than any other user of another OS has to.
    01-01-16 01:23 PM
    What, a file explorer? Please tell me what else he has to hunt and peck for outside of that.

And why does Cobalt exist if apps mean nothing to Blackberry users? Blackberry users spend more time trying to get certain apps for their phone than any other user of another OS has to.
    Cobalt exist because everyone has right to get what they need! For BB10 cobalt exist, I need bb10 explorer, Video and gallery app! Do you have solution for that ???? BB10 runs apk files, Android run BB10 apps ??

Posted via Priv...
    01-01-16 01:40 PM
    Haha respect ya'll opinion but will say I think it's very dramatic. 2016 and still debating how important apps are.

Take out the runtime and see how many stick with BB10.

If android has too many apps, just go back to BB10. You already know it's a great OS for those who don't require all those apps

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:58 PM
    For example, BlackBerry's browser supersedes the others when it comes to html5.
    Yeah... not so much. BB's browser is like 4th in the mobile space when it comes to HTML5. Chrome for Android is currently king in the mobile space (and in the PC space come to think of it).

https://html5test.com/results/mobile.html
    kbz1960 and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-01-16 02:02 PM
    Yeah... not so much. BB's browser is like 4th in the mobile space when it comes to HTML5. Chrome for Android is currently king in the mobile space (and in the PC space come to think of it).

I use Chrome with iOS as well. It is great because it syncs bookmarks with the desktop as well.
    01-01-16 02:06 PM
    All the app choices are a positive for me. Sure when there are thousands of apps to choose from some will be junk.

You mention Explorer, I'm a bit surprised that you tried and didn't like Solid. For me it's much better than the native BB10 app.

I connect to the local file system, Box, Onedrive, Google Drive, an ftp location, and My WD NAS. For me it works very well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-01-16 02:07 PM
    Cobalt exist because everyone has right to get what they need! For BB10 cobalt exist, I need bb10 explorer, Video and gallery app! Do you have solution for that ???? BB10 runs apk files, Android run BB10 apps ??

Posted via Priv...
    I guess I don't understand. You're saying Cobalt exists because everyone has a right to get what they need. If they need it then aren't apps for BB10 important?

I don't disagree with you on the video and gallery apps. Its a pain trying to find one that works for you and why I think iOS excels with their native video and photo apps.
    01-01-16 02:22 PM
    Haha respect ya'll opinion but will say I think it's very dramatic. 2016 and still debating how important apps are.

Take out the runtime and see how many stick with BB10.

If android has too many apps, just go back to BB10. You already know it's a great OS for those who don't require all those apps

Posted via CB10
    Android has too many "JUNK" apps riddled with adware PERIOD

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-01-16 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    But every app store has junk apps. Not necessarily knocking any app store, but it should be expected. Point though is that the popular apps that most people might need/want are there

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 02:47 PM

Posted via Priv...
    Your problem is you want Android to be BB10
    Yeah you wont find exact replicas of the BB10 File explorer on Android.
    You can find some that are equal to what it did and some that surpass it as well as others that are not as good.
    No hunting is needed at all
    Too much unreasonable hysteria here
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-01-16 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    And BB10 does not? Most of the appsin BB World used to be junk
    Blacklatino and Smply_Rckless like this.
    01-01-16 03:00 PM

Too many people live in the past here. Ironic considering that was Blackberry's biggest problem.
    Brings to mind a saying about pet owners and resembalances
    01-01-16 03:01 PM
492 123 ...