My husband has an eye disease and now has trouble reading. However if the screen is backlit he can read it pretty well. Has anyone tried the Amazon Kindle? Or know of others? And where to find them cheap??
    Thanks...
    And to the moderator- I just realized maybe this should be in a different section??? Idk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 11:10 AM
    Although the Kindle is a very nice device, it is not backlit. You need to have a light source to view things on the Kindle. The big advantage to the Kindle is the number of books available through Amazon.com (fictionwise has books available for the Kindle as well). Amazon.com usually also has some of the lower prices on ebooks.

Another option is the eBookwise-1150. It reads several text file formats and ebooks from Fictionwise. The plus side to it is that it does have a backlight and is only about $135. The down side is that it only supports internal memory (can hold plenty of books, though).

I prefer the look and features of the Kindle (K1). But, if backlight is important, the Kindle doesn't have that as an option.
    03-14-09 12:58 PM
    Although the Kindle is a very nice device, it is not backlit. You need to have a light source to view things on the Kindle. The big advantage to the Kindle is the number of books available through Amazon.com (fictionwise has books available for the Kindle as well). Amazon.com usually also has some of the lower prices on ebooks.

Another option is the eBookwise-1150. It reads several text file formats and ebooks from Fictionwise. The plus side to it is that it does have a backlight and is only about $135. The down side is that it only supports internal memory (can hold plenty of books, though).

I prefer the look and features of the Kindle (K1). But, if backlight is important, the Kindle doesn't have that as an option.
    Thank you soooo much!! This forum is great bc of helpful ppl like you!
    03-14-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD