I have several ebooks on my home computer. Is there any app that I can get to allow me to read these ebooks on my BB. I have saved 2 books on my card but can't read or even see the file on my BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:37 AM
    Can't really answer that without knowing what format the books
    are in. But try using MobiPocket as a start.
    12-12-08 07:40 AM
    MobiPocket is a pretty nice app. They've got a large library and the eBooks download fast. I only did a trial so I can't comment on the support.
    12-12-08 07:47 AM
    The books I have are in Adobi format I'm not really lookin to buy new ebooks right now just would like to get the ones I already got to where my BB can read them

12-12-08 07:51 AM
    After reading this thread, I went over to mobipocket to look at their software. I have a few concerns. First of all, it is not obvious that the BB version of their software supports SD card. While digging for this nugget of information, I came across 3 recent posts asking for refunds for books that were purchased but did not work.

I think I'm going to avoid mobipocket for now. I can imagine a scenario where I purchase an ebook OTA and it fails to load and they say it works on their test BB so I'm out my money. I prefer to do business with a company that stands behind their products and presumes my good faith and doesn't ask me to jump through hoops to prove I'm having a problem. I enjoy reading ebooks and I will keep an eye on Mobipocket, but for now at least, it's not on my lists of software to put on my BB.
    12-12-08 08:51 AM
    Ive got Mobipocket as well. I also have like 7 or 8 ebooks stored on my card. Yes, I did have a problem getting them to open up at first. But once I figured out how it goes it is no problem. You just have to be sure to go to their website from a pc and register your handheld. Everything ran fine after that, no problems at all and its been close to 6 months now.
    12-12-08 09:12 AM
    The books I have are in Adobi format I'm not really lookin to buy new ebooks right now just would like to get the ones I already got to where my BB can read them

Check out BeamReader
    12-12-08 09:18 AM
    Just downloaded for my new phone.. Beamberry seems rather nice as PDF support is something I have been looking for.
    12-12-08 09:24 AM
    Mobipocket works very well on my 8110. I really like the app and it reads from my SD card just fine. When you open the library is list everything that is on the SD card and the BB together.
    If you need any help converting e-books between formats, send me a PM.
    Bob
    12-12-08 11:25 AM
    hi cobob,

just signed up today hoping to get some help.

I've decided to pick up my pearl again after couple month fun with my iphone ;p

So have reset the phone and installed firmware.
    The phone is currently operating with out SIM card, as i am still needing to get my work calls through so i thot i'll make sure everything is ready before i pop it in.

Anyway I am trying to set up ebooks to read, and have dl the Mobipocket reader. Afsik, if you are not buying any new ebooks from their website, the software itself is free to use, and will still be able to covert (using their free converter-ware) old .txt or .html format ebooks. Tell me if i m wrong.

so i installed the program, and converted an old .txt file but is having problem getting the converted ebook on to my pearl.
    The reader did register the book on the PC/Mobipocket and when i click on send to my bb device, it also did log the transition (status info on the bottom).
    But when i open my pearl and go in the program, it does not have any file on it except the folder "ebookstore'.

so what m i doing wrong??
    01-08-09 04:05 AM
    I am running mobipocket on my 8110. I have not tried running ebooks from device memory, but putting ebooks in the blackberry/ebooks folder on my sd card makes them readable by mobipocket reader.

Googling for convert ebook (format A) to html will yield numerous hits. Once your book is in html you can use mobipocket converter on your pc to make it usable on the device.
    I have not purchased any books from mobipocket directly to my device so cannot comment on those concerns.

Hope this helps.

01-08-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD