Hi everyone,

2 days ago, I purchased a curve 8900 on ebay and I paid immediately with paypal.

The seller then told me that he won't send my blackberry till he receives money in his bank. If I am not mistaken, it takes about 21 days for the money to transfer from paypal to his bank.

Thing is like, I don't think this is fair because he is going to receive the money anyway and I'm not waiting 21 days for my BB as I'm leaving for a holiday in a week.

What should I do since I paid �220 for this and it' sjust causing me stress.

I requested for contact details and I got this phone number and I've been ringing every hour and no one is picking up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 05:27 AM
    Get a refund.
    06-18-09 05:29 AM
    But he doesn't even answer my mails and no onepicks up the phone.

06-18-09 05:30 AM
    Go to the customer service screen on Paypal where you paid and file a complaint. Copy and paste any email you have. He getss the money in about 2-3 days.
    06-18-09 05:36 AM
    This doesn't sound right, once paypal has collected your money and deposited it in his account it is safe to assume that he will get his cash I would imagine. Everything I have bought from ebay has been posted as soon as the seller has been credited from my paypal account so anything else sounds like delaying tactics to me. Did the seller make this matter clear on the item description/payment details ? if not then something may not be right. Also the fact that they will not communcate should set alarm bels ringing, contact Paypal asap and Ebay and be prepared to open a dispute if necessary.

06-18-09 05:48 AM
    The delay is due because the money you sent to the seller came probably from your bank account. So this cause the delay, check in your bank account if the money has been takenyet, usually it take a few days...3 to 5 days. If you pay the seller with paypal and you have a credit card registered to you account the seller receive the payment instantly. That is why you have a delay. But is not normal to have a delay of 21 days. If you need more help feel free to pin me.
    06-18-09 06:02 AM
    First of all so sorry to hear this. I wouldn't wait around with this at all. I would send an immediate email to the ebay trust & safety team. Make sure all communication you try to make with the seller is done through the ebay guidelines. For instance make sure you use the contact the seller function through ebay and don't try and use an individual email address you may have. This way when making your case you have a better trail and ebay will have all of the info as well. Good luck to you. Keep us posted...
    06-18-09 06:15 AM
    paypal takes about 3-5 days for the funds to fully transfer from your bank to his. if the money was already in your paypal, it should be instant. but it all depends on the banks. once money is sent, you cant reverse it on your own. some people dont realize this and they treat it like a check needing time to clear. he might just trying to be cautious. before i realized the buyer couldnt just reverse the money sent, i would ship as soon as the payment came through.
    06-18-09 06:35 AM
    Thanks for the help everyone.

Yeah thing is like I already paid by Paypal, I have a debit card connected to it.

Ill give him till friday or something because I paid 2 days ago.

I'm just a bit scared that this could be a conn or something.

06-18-09 07:40 AM
    only 2 days? doesnt sound two unreasonable. i waited until paypal deposited it into my account once before shipping. took like 3 or so days.
    06-18-09 08:01 AM
    I'm with the others it should only take paypal a few days to transfer the money. I would request a refund and if he/she does not respond I would then initiate a paypal dispute.
    06-18-09 08:08 AM
    2 days is not unreasonable, we need to remember that not everyone checks their email every day or every minute like us lol

06-18-09 08:53 AM
    i sent him like a million messages and he's not responding> Phone number is working but no one picking up. I demanded a refund and he"s not responding.

Money has completely transferred over :/
    06-19-09 04:47 AM
    Initiate a PayPal dispute. Keep all communication going through the resolution center in PayPal so everything is tracked. As soon as you initiate the dispute, PayPal will freeze the funds in the amount of the transaction. That usually is a big wake-up call to the seller to get things resolved.

Don't cancel the dispute till you get your item, or a refund. Once you cancel the dispute, you can't reopen the dispute.
    06-19-09 06:03 AM
    Okay everyone I initiated the dispute.

Someone helped me get details of his 'friend' who is selling cars through his account. I phoned him up and apparently he says he 'thinks his friend is on a holiday' and I asked, 'so wtf is happening to my money'.

He said he doesn't know which I totally understand but I said to him to tell his friend that I have filed a dispute and that he is going to get into trouble.

Great :/ because I'm leaving for a holiday in 3 weeks and I really need this Blackberry.

I'm just so unfortunate.
    06-19-09 04:23 PM
    Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time on this. at least you got the ball rolling. Now there is a definite time frame in which things need to happen, or the dispute can be escalated into a claim.
    06-19-09 04:29 PM
    Glad you started the dispute. It is very unfortunate that this happened to you. Maybe it will get resolved soon, either with your money back or your berry. Let us know...
    06-19-09 04:30 PM
    If you paid with PayPal you are covered, that's the joy of PayPal. You will get your money back as long as he doesn't send the phone. Report a claim and you'll be good.
    06-19-09 04:33 PM
    Thanks everyone

Yeah I mean it's just that this has never happened to me before and it HAS to happen to the most expensive item I have purchased on eBay

I got this message on the dispute page:

"After 23/06/2009 11:46 BST you can escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim"

So this means that on Tuesday I can make a claim? Not sure how this works though.
    06-19-09 04:34 PM
    that's why the people uses paypal because is fast and reliable.
    06-19-09 04:34 PM
    That seller should have specified he was going on vacation. Paypay takes the buyers side in almost all cases so I would say your pretty safe. plus paypal only takes a few days like others have said not 21, that's total BS.

06-19-09 04:41 PM
    Sara, yes, you can escalate the dispute into a claim on the 23rd if the seller doesn't respond, or provide proof that the item has been shipped out.

06-19-09 04:48 PM
    Great Thanks again, I feel much more relieved now!
    06-19-09 05:58 PM
    Does anyone know how long it would take if the claim actually goes through, to get the money back?

I was thinking that I should just buy another Curve 8900...and if the claim is successful, at least I will get that money back (doesn't matter how long it takes as long as I do)...or if the seller sends me the BB (probably not), I could sell it for the same price I bought it anyway :/
    06-20-09 06:15 AM
    He is scamming you. If you payed via PayPal to his account it does not take 21 days. You can also call into PayPal for a faster response. Regardless, get your money back!
    06-20-09 01:01 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD