They way to regain confidence.....deliver numbers in line with your estimates

RIM earnings in line with estimates - thestar.com

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2272750/
    Last edited by Slalom; 12-15-11 at 03:57 PM.
    12-15-11 03:51 PM

RIM shares fall on gloomy outlook - The Globe and Mail
    Are you serious?
    1812dave and rollingrock1988 like this.
    12-15-11 04:35 PM
    Are you serious?
    Well, it gives confidence in the Q4 earnings. Are they estimating a rebound? Or more blood with a rebound "soon"?
    12-15-11 04:41 PM
    rebound? RIM? tee hee
    12-15-11 04:47 PM
    Dude your thread made me laugh. I love RIM and have fought the many trolls who have come through to bash, however, I can confidently say that they are dying a slow death.

BB10 Later 2012? That's a joke.
    1812dave and Rickroller like this.
    12-15-11 05:05 PM
    Whether market performance is good or bad, delivering the numbers you say you are going to deliver in your guidance gives confidence to the financial community.

Thats all....to me its good new that the bad news was out and the results meet the guidance.

Its a slow road to rebuild the confidence that has been eroded. One quarter at a time...
    12-15-11 05:14 PM
    LMAO !!!!! Had a pretty rough day at work, Thanks OP for the giggle !!!

Late 2012...does that mean 2013 ??? Or as Buzz Lightyear used to say "to infinity and beyond!!!!!"
    12-15-11 05:16 PM
    Whether market performance is good or bad, delivering the numbers you say you are going to deliver in your guidance gives confidence to the financial community.

Thats all....to me its good new that the bad news was out and the results meet the guidance.

Its a slow road to rebuild the confidence that has been eroded. One quarter at a time...
    Nothing builds confidence like 3 consecutive double-digit declines in year over year net income (10%, 59%, 68%), product delays ("later 2012" for BB10 devices) and one-time accounting charges ($485 million on the PlayBook).
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-15-11 05:25 PM

RIM chiefs’ salaries cut to $1 a year - The Globe and Mail
    How about RIMM meets REDUCED earnings, fails on all other parameters including income. Really no way to say anything other than that this quarterand the conference call is a COMPLETE disaster. No lipstick on this pig.
    12-15-11 05:29 PM

All my peers get A+ for the semester. I estimate I will get a C. A week before finals, I revise to a D-. I deliver a D-. You gonna heap some praise?
    12-15-11 08:01 PM

BB10 Later 2012? That's a joke.
    Sad part is this was VERY easy to predict based on their recent history...

I think a lot of people knew when they said 2012 for their phones it could easily end up being end of 2012 or even early 2013...
    12-15-11 08:45 PM
    Sad part is this was VERY easy to predict based on their recent history...

I think a lot of people knew when they said 2012 for their phones it could easily end up being end of 2012 or even early 2013...
    and none of which really matters, in a practical sense, as RIM has made themselves irrelevant ALREADY.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-15-11 08:51 PM
    ....just saying....I know this year hasn't been pretty, but missing their guidance with these results would have been a nail in the coffin.
    12-16-11 08:25 AM
    ....just saying....I know this year hasn't been pretty, but missing their guidance with these results would have been a nail in the coffin.
    But they did miss on many items from their estimates just 2 weeks ago. They are down 10% this morning. They hit the reduced EPS but everything else was terrible including their future EPS. Imagine the DOW losing 1200 points....

"Several brokerage firms trimmed their price targets on Research in Motion shares and questioned the BlackBerry maker's ability to recover, after the company further delayed the release of its new line of smartphones.

The latest delay in RIM's new line of BlackBerry smartphones sent RIM [RIMM 13.655 -1.475 (-9.75%) ] shares down over 11 percent in early trading on Friday and it has some analysts sounding the death knell for the once iconic device.

"RIM confirmed the BlackBerry 10 smartphones will be delayed until the latter part of calendar 2012. This could be game over for the BlackBerry franchise," analysts at Canadian brokerage firm National Bank Financial wrote in a note to clients.

On Thursday, the company said it did not expect to release the new line of smartphones equipped with its new QNX operating system until late next year, long after its initial promise of a first-quarter delivery.

"We see a high risk that this is too late to turn around RIM's position and believe the risk of further delays is meaningful," Nomura analyst

Stuart Jeffrey said in a research note. "Even in the best case, however, it seems unlikely RIM will have large volumes of its BB10 devices on sale within 15 months."

RIM's quarterly profit dropped sharply and it expects holiday sales to be so poor that it forecasts its first quarter-to-quarter decline in six years during the crucial holiday sales season.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company has been counting on the new QNX operating system to make up ground lost to Apple Inc's iPhone and iPad and the slew of devices that use Google's [GOOG 628.99 9.45 (+1.53%) ] Android software.

RIM's dour outlook comes just two weeks after the company warned that it would fall short of its already lowered fiscal 2012 expectations, due to weak sales and a large write down on inventories of its unloved PlayBook tablet that was once seen as a potential threat to Apple's [AAPL 382.71 3.77 (+0.99%) ] iPad.

Price Target Cuts

Canaccord Genuity cut its price target on RIM's US-listed shares to $15 from $18, citing the delay in the launch of BlackBerry 10 to the second half of next year and the company's plans to increase sales and marketing expenses to help sustain interim sales.

Barclays shared similar concerns about the company's projected investments into marketing and loyalty programs to regain "mind" share.

"Benefits of the investments are not guaranteed but are likely to keep RIM's operating margins at sustainably lower levels through 2012 and 2013," Barclays said.

The price target on RIM's US-listed shares were cut to $14 from $16 at Barclays, to $12 from $15 at Citigroup and to $8 from $10 at National Bank Financial.

Research in Motion shares, which have lost almost half their value in the last three months, fell to $14 in after-hours trading on Thursday, after closing at $15.13 on Nasdaq. RIM's shares extended losses early on Friday.
    12-16-11 10:06 AM
    Revising your estimates 2 weeks before the investor call and than managing to come through on those lowered expectations is not impressive.
    1812dave likes this.
    12-16-11 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD