ok so im not sure if anyone knows this or not, but i recently decided im going to switch to att from tmo for the Blackberry bold, but im still under contract with tmo, so after hours and hours of complaining and at one point threatening, the rep told me that i can cancel my line and get hit with the $200 early termination fee, but as long as i call back whitin 90 days of termination and say that i want to re activate my line with a different number but change my account into a tmobile at home service for only 10 dollars a month, and they will refund your 200 dollars for the early termination.

just thought i would throw it out there and see if this helps anybody, its what i will be doing the second the bold is available.
    10-02-08 02:58 AM
    Get it in writing, signed in blood and hold the rep's Firstborn as hostage.
    10-02-08 06:36 AM
    Uh, you may want to read the terms on the @home service which requires a $40 phone line service before you can get the $10 @home line. Plus your contract will continue from the point you re-activated.
    10-02-08 07:42 AM
    Why not just reduce it to the at home first?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 11:55 AM
    Why not just reduce it to the at home first?

good question, but i think ill have problems porting my number over to att. the early termination isnt even an issue becuause i plan on calling and re activating before the charge even goes through.
    10-02-08 03:10 PM
    Get it in writing, signed in blood and hold the rep's Firstborn as hostage.
    And get the whole thing on tape!
    10-02-08 03:26 PM
    If you port your number over then how would you be able to re activate with tmobile?

10-02-08 06:01 PM
    I would either A just wait until my time was up with them or
    B Just pay the early termination fee if I really wanted to terminate that bad and just leave it be at that.

That whole home line thing sounds like a crock of wrapped up crap.

Uh, you may want to read the terms on the @home service which requires a $40 phone line service before you can get the $10 @home line. Plus your contract will continue from the point you re-activated.
    10-02-08 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD