Hey guys and gals. I saw this info posted by BBMChat on Twitter the other day and am surprised it hasn't been posted here yet.

Take it for what it is as I have not way to confirm or deny any of it but I just thought I would share it with you.

"S3 specs as of 5/10/10 1ghz, 8gb dev mem 512mb+ app mem, 5 mp camera, mobile graphics chip, "enhanced screen input" higher res, +battery"

Twitter / BBMCHAT #contestking: S3 specs as of 5/10/10 1gh ...

"also plan on seeing leaks within 1-2 months on the s3 and those specs can change but only improve"

Twitter / BBMCHAT #contestking: also plan on seeing leaks ...
    05-29-10 10:31 PM
    Odds are that these specs are plucked out of thin air (or somewhere more personal ) by this person.
    05-30-10 02:11 AM
    Odds are that these specs are plucked out of thin air (or somewhere more personal ) by this person.
    +1...................
    05-30-10 06:41 AM
    Say what you want about the guy but if it wasn't for him I never would have won ELF sugar kiss drama eyelashes.
    05-30-10 01:07 PM
    I'm kinda worrying about the 1ghz processor thing but I truly think this info is accurate. there are other hands on articles out there that support what he's saying.

I'm so anxious to see this phone, or just get some more official info on it. One hands on article said that its screen blew away the motorola droid's (which has a resolution of 400x800 or somethin like that) which is fantastic. Nevermind the Iphone will have a better screen, 400x800 is all I need lol. Couple that with a 1ghz (please jesus, PLEASE!!!) And 512 mb of RAM, and us BB users will truly have a pwerhouse/high spec'd smartphone to look forward to

RIM needs this to stay competitive
    05-30-10 02:09 PM
    This has probably been one of the more exciting "Rumor Mills" going for RIM in a long time. If even half the rumors have any merit, it may well be, finally, a great, great device. I've had the Storm 1 since release day and then the Storm 2 near release day and while both have had their share of glitches, I've been pretty happy with 'em.
    05-30-10 02:13 PM
    Lets put it this way. RIM knows they need to step it up. These rumours may or may not be true but you can expect rim to release something fantastic in the next storm version.
    05-30-10 06:05 PM
    if this phone is release with these specs, it'll blow the iPhone 4G out of the water...they went with the A4 @ 500-550Mhz and RIM will probably throw in a 32GB SD card...or a dual slot...that would be sweet. Apple isn't very innovative and Android based phones are pretty extreme...this phone may have a chance at surviving!

ooo exciting
    05-30-10 09:14 PM
    Does Qualcomm even make a 1GHz processor? That would be quite a deviation for RIM, moving to a CDMA device that doesn't sport a Qualcomm cpu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 09:21 PM
    Blackberry has to come up with something better. Otherwise why would anyone buy a storm 3 that's almost identical to the 2? It would make no sense. I only have a storm 2 because I got it as a gift. Otherwise I would still be using my 8130.

05-30-10 11:06 PM
    I'm kinda worrying about the 1ghz processor thing but I truly think this info is accurate. there are other hands on articles out there that support what he's saying.
    yeah it sounds like RIM's version of "stepping up to the plate"
    i'm hoping it has a good battery in it though.

Does Qualcomm even make a 1GHz processor? That would be quite a deviation for RIM, moving to a CDMA device that doesn't sport a Qualcomm cpu.
    Qualcomm makes a 1GHz processor. It's called the Snapdragon. have you heard of it?
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-31-10 at 01:14 AM.
    05-31-10 01:09 AM
    Either way, if it is 'coming' in 2011, then any other phones will beat the crap out of S3 by the time it is launch'ing.

05-31-10 02:59 AM
    Qualcomm makes faster processors than that for that matter, including a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon based on the Scorpion core. 45nm tech. Man I swear people live under a rock.
    05-31-10 03:01 AM
    Either way, if it is 'coming' in 2011, then any other phones will beat the crap out of S3 by the time it is launch'ing.

Exactly..

(10 char)
    05-31-10 01:19 PM

Isn't the Incredible a 1GhZ processor, as it's the 'CDMA N1'?
    05-31-10 01:41 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong (Ha! As if I have to say that, lol), but I think I read somewhere that the test device was thinner than previous Storms. If that's true, we'll be lucky to have the SAME battery life we're now experiencing. Battery technology is about as advanced as it can be at the moment. With a thinner battery, unless they can make room for it to be larger in length and width, I simply cannot see it working better (though, more effieicnt processors would help). But higher res displays and other advanced features would work the opposite, so who knows?

yeah it sounds like RIM's version of "stepping up to the plate"
    i'm hoping it has a good battery in it though.

Qualcomm makes a 1GHz processor. It's called the Snapdragon. have you heard of it?
    05-31-10 04:05 PM
    Isn't the Incredible a 1GhZ processor, as it's the 'CDMA N1'?
    Yes.

Qualcomm Products and Services - The Snapdragon™ Platform
    05-31-10 04:30 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong (Ha! As if I have to say that, lol), but I think I read somewhere that the test device was thinner than previous Storms. If that's true, we'll be lucky to have the SAME battery life we're now experiencing. Battery technology is about as advanced as it can be at the moment. With a thinner battery, unless they can make room for it to be larger in length and width, I simply cannot see it working better (though, more effieicnt processors would help). But higher res displays and other advanced features would work the opposite, so who knows?
    U gotta think though man.......I don't own the device, but people say RIM worked magic with the9700. Battery life is always gonna be somethin RIM worries about but at the same time they have to remain competitive. Sure we all want 2 days without charging our devices, but with the competition coming with 1ghz processors and higher res screens......RIM has to eventually match.

And to the people saying the storm will be outdated by the time it comes to market......remember the company this is coming from. From storm 1 to 2 all we got was improved peizo tech, and wifi. They were same phone lol. Memory upgrade is the biggest thing from the tour and bold 9650 and that ain't a big deal cause we should still have more.

Storm 3 we're gettin a bigger screen/higher resolution, better camera, more memory, better surepress tech, faster processor, new OS among others......this is a huge upgrade to the storm2 and I believe a much better experience for users.

I honestly don't expect RIM to match a EVO 4G or nothin like that, but as long as they (finally) give me something that's actually competitively spec'd to phones like the nexus1 and incredible then my *** is happy with that lol. If this pans out, the Storm3 will by far be the best spec'd BB out there.
    05-31-10 05:33 PM
    Storm 3 we're gettin a bigger screen/higher resolution, better camera, more memory, better surepress tech, faster processor, new OS among others......this is a huge upgrade to the storm2 and I believe a much better experience for users.
    No, that list is what some rumors say we are getting, the only things that are pretty much definite are a new os, a better camera and more memory as we know those are already here or coming soon on blackberries, along with them I think we will see some more improvements to surepress since the options are to continue to develop it or to abandon it entirely and we haven't heard about them doing that.

The screen and processor probably aren't going to change in this latest model, we are far more likely to see them adding functionality in this next one than upping those kind of specs.
    06-01-10 03:09 AM
    I doubt they're going to abandon an award winning technology on a line that's been consistently using it.
    06-01-10 07:47 AM
    No, that list is what some rumors say we are getting, the only things that are pretty much definite are a new os, a better camera and more memory as we know those are already here or coming soon on blackberries, along with them I think we will see some more improvements to surepress since the options are to continue to develop it or to abandon it entirely and we haven't heard about them doing that.

The screen and processor probably aren't going to change in this latest model, we are far more likely to see them adding functionality in this next one than upping those kind of specs.
    I'm willing to bed you 1 million (that I don't have....yet lol) that both screen size and resolution gets increased in the Storm3. The hands on articles on there say the screen is capable of like 16.7 million colors, and another said the screen was better than the droids. Granted, all this is speculation like u said but if RIM releases the Storm3 with the same screen size and resolution as the past 2 other storms, then the Storm3 is DOA and your gonna see the same lackluster promotion that verizon gave it last time
    06-01-10 12:19 PM
    Like most of you guys I too am a bit skeptic about those S3 specs I posted from BBMchat. True it would be nice to have all those features or better. But like we all know, its just not RIM's style to make such drastic upgrades to their hardware so quickly.

After the mess that was the 9650 release I'm even less optimistic that they'll even announce the S3 before the new year, but who knows. BBMChat, Salomondrin, BBLeaks, and BGR are usually fairly reliable with leak info so only time will tell for sure what the S3 will actually have.
    06-01-10 05:52 PM
    I'm willing to bed you 1 million (that I don't have....yet lol) that both screen size and resolution gets increased in the Storm3. The hands on articles on there say the screen is capable of like 16.7 million colors, and another said the screen was better than the droids. Granted, all this is speculation like u said but if RIM releases the Storm3 with the same screen size and resolution as the past 2 other storms, then the Storm3 is DOA and your gonna see the same lackluster promotion that verizon gave it last time
    The thing to bear in mind with these claimed hands on articles is that the vast majority of them are works of fiction and the earlier they turn up the less basis in reality they have.

Based on the 9650 getting a memory bump up to 512mb it seems fairly logical to assume that existing devices with less memory than that will be sub-optimal for os6 and thus an important thing for carriers before the holidays will be getting new devices that are better suited to os6 in the stores even if they still expect a more major upgrade to that same range in 6-9 months.

You mention lacklustre promotion from verizon last time, that's more than they will get if they still have the s2 in the stores due to a more upgraded s3 not being due to 2011.

As consumers we obviously want the biggest increase between hardware as possible, but the hardware makers and retailers want new hardware in the right time period and for storm 3 that's going to be november 2010 even if they are currently planning storm 4 to show up by this time next year.
    06-02-10 03:52 AM
    I'm anxiously awaiting any news on this phone. I need something in regards to specs because my s1 sucks, my s2 is not much better, and after playing with the Incredible I've finally found an Android phone that I liked.
    06-02-10 05:51 AM
    I'm anxiously awaiting any news on this phone. I need something in regards to specs because my s1 sucks, my s2 is not much better, and after playing with the Incredible I've finally found an Android phone that I liked.
    if u dont like ur S2...ill GLADLY take it lol
    06-02-10 03:47 PM
259 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD