What do I have to change to get e-mails that were recieved while my phone is turned off. I use verizon with BIS. When I turn the phone on I don't see any off the e-mails that were recieved during the off period.
    07-10-08 08:29 AM
    why do you turn it off? its an always on design
    07-10-08 08:31 AM

I was away for a long weekend and forgot the charger. I shut it off to conserve battery life. It is also off at night.
    07-10-08 09:21 AM
    Huh? Turning your phone off means your phones radio is off. You can't have it partly turned on. That's impossible.
    07-10-08 09:33 AM
    yah, def. no need to turn it off.....
    07-10-08 09:34 AM
    I would never turn off my phone too, but did your read what she wrote.... she was away with no charger...How could you forget this ?! :P hehe

Oh...and I thought that you were supposed to receive your e-mails that were (maybe) queued on the BIS server... but i don't know, never turn off my phone either.
    07-10-08 09:40 AM
    That's weird because I still get SMS messages that were received while my phone was off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 09:46 AM
    I would think they would get pushed to you after you came back up? But as you are seeing few turn em off ill sometimes silence it at night but that's about it

07-10-08 09:46 AM
    There is no rule that says you're not suppose to turn your phone off. When you turn on the phone, your mail should be sent to you, unless there isn't any mail.

07-10-08 10:35 AM
    There is no rule that says you're not suppose to turn your phone off. When you turn on the phone, your mail should be sent to you, unless there isn't any mail.

I know that I had mail because I get so many e-mails. I had it off between 8:00 am and noon and nothing was pushed that came in during that time.
    07-10-08 10:42 AM
    Might be something you want to discuss with your carrier.
    I turn mine off when sleeping and for various other reasons,
    (shocking to some I'm sure), and whatever mail or messages
    came during those times alway show up when I turn it back on?
    07-10-08 10:50 AM
    yes but they show as if they came then instead of showing that they came while it was off and the actual time that it was received on the server.
    Last edited by branden3112; 07-10-08 at 11:49 AM.
    07-10-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD