All the time I receive a new email or sms and my blackberry is in the holster they open!

This is really annoying...it uses up my megabytes for junk emails that sneak though or emails that I really don't want to open at that time!

Is there a way around this? I have the Blackberry Peal 8130
    06-29-08 09:34 PM
    No, I don't think you can change that. The only way to keep it from opening them, is to not remove it from the holster for 60 seconds.

You can setup filters on the BIS site to prevent the junk from even getting to your BB though.
    06-29-08 09:50 PM
    One way to get around this behavior is to remove the magnet from your case, or purchase a case without a magnet.

When you holster the Berry, the magnet puts it in "Sleep" mode. When you pull the Berry from the holster, it "Wakes up".

If you need to put the unit to Sleep while it's in the holster, just press the speaker button for a few seconds.
    06-29-08 09:59 PM
    Don't be such a quick draw McGraw and leave your BB six shooter in it's Holster a little longer. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-08 10:05 PM
    No, I don't think you can change that. The only way to keep it from opening them, is to not remove it from the holster for 60 seconds.

You can setup filters on the BIS site to prevent the junk from even getting to your BB though.
    Ive put filters in...it stops all emails from coming it...

Ive also waited the 60 secs and same ****
    06-29-08 10:22 PM
    Wow, that sucks.
    If the berry is holstered and it goes off and you take it out, it will take you to the message or call that caused it to go off. When I wake up in the morning to muiltiple messages/emails calls etc. It just shows the basic info and doesn't open the last one immediately, so I think its timed.
    Of course I don't get spam or junk emails on my berry so this isn't an issue for me. The closest thing I get are the "out of office" emails. Those suck, I mean if we don't regularly talk turkey then I don't care if you're at work or at home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 06:32 AM
    yea it is timed. usually when i get an email i'll take it right out my case and the email opens up automatically. but if you wait 30 seconds to a minute, and take it out of the holster, than it doesn't open automatically.
    06-30-08 10:02 AM
    Ive also waited the 60 secs and same ****
    I would venture to say that you didn't wait the 60 seconds you thought you did. Seems last time I tried to "wait" before drawing I didn't wait long enough either, so I can tell you that sometimes making that wait in anticipation can lead to premature unholstering.
    06-30-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD