Ok, so don't you love all those e-mail signatures that come pre-set on our phones (e.g. Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry, Connected by Droid, Sent from my iPhone, etc...)? I've always thought those were kind of stupid. Like, who really cares what device was used to transmit an e-mail message. I've also thought it can come off a bit pompous too - "oh, look at me, I have a "whatever phone", aren't you impressed. Of course I realize that most people don't really care and are not interested in figuring how to either change or nuke it. However, I decided to have a little fun and update mine to:

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Smartphone by BlackBerry (insert small font "TM" here) Model 9650 Bold in Black with Gray Trim Accessorized with Screen Protector and Extended Life Battery.

I wonder if people will see the sarcastic undertone? I was going to go with "Sent From my Soup Can" - I may change it to that later.
    05-04-11 12:58 PM
    You should put "Sent from my Verizon Wireless 9930" and see if anyone says anything. You might become instantly popular!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 01:08 PM
    Or, in the case of radshark, "Sent from my Verizon Wireless BrownBerry".
    05-04-11 01:11 PM
    Or, in the case of radshark, "Sent from my Verizon Wireless BrownBerry".
    ROFL - fantastic!

05-04-11 01:19 PM
    I make it a point to ensure my signature lets the recipient know I'm messaging from my mobile device. It clues them in to the point that I'm out-and-about and to not expect immediate/detailed/exceptional correspondence anytime soon (ie.. don't expect a detailed rundown of last quarter's production analysis anytime in the next couple hours). If the default sig also happens advertise my carrier or model, no biggie. I don't find it pompous.

[edit]Bah! Submitted too soon while editing...

That being said though... I've had fun with my sigs from time to time. I've used variations of "Soup can and string, so pull the string tight" sigs.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 05-04-11 at 01:36 PM.
    05-04-11 01:29 PM
    I don't find the signature pompous, because I do agree that it's a good thing to let people know I'm on a mobile device, just in case. I do like to have fun with it, though. I have one of my accounts set up with the signature: Sent from my BlackBerry, because fruit likes to email.
    05-04-11 02:22 PM
    Mine states, "Sent via the AT&T carrier pigeon using my BlackBerry".

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-04-11 08:33 PM
    How about using "Excuse me I farted and this e-mail came out"?
    05-05-11 03:06 AM
    Sent from my BlackBerry, because fruit likes to email.
    bahaha, I like this one!
    05-05-11 05:04 AM
    I'm partial to the soup can line.
    05-05-11 07:49 AM
    I used to use "Sent from not an iPhone"

05-05-11 07:54 AM
    Mine is "Sent via <My company name> Blackberry Server" -- lets people know that I'm on my Blackberry, and that I have my own Blackberry server (the implication being that if you want to hire me, it should be obvious that I can set up/run a Blackberry server)
    05-05-11 08:21 AM
    Just change mine to: "Sent from my Shoe Phone"
    05-05-11 09:17 AM
    "sent from airforce 1"

05-05-11 09:49 AM
    one account I use sent via carrier pigeon and got a response from someone of sent via flying squirrel lol

the other account I have brought to you by crown royal
    05-05-11 12:21 PM
    I have no problem with the default sig. As many have suggested it somewhat allows people to know that you're not at a computer/laptop, and you are acknowledging their request etc...
    05-06-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD