I have a 8830 WE BB. When I first got the phone I had no problems with my e-mail on the BB syncing with my e-mail provider. When I'd read an e-mail on my BB, it would show as 'Read' by my e-mail provider.

Just recently I had to reset to original factory settings for a problem that occured and now when I read an e-mail on my BB it does not show as 'read' on my e-mail server. It's not a HUGE deal, but I wanted to know if there is a setting I can change that would link to my e-mail so I don't have to go in every so often and 'Read' my e-mails on the server.

PS - I have gone through every logical means of finding the answer and I'm just stumped.

Thanks
    08-13-09 03:49 PM
    In order to have email marked as read on the server you'd need to be using IMAP on BIS or BES. BIS using POP will not mark emails as read on the server, neither will it copy sent items from the BB to the server's sent items folder.

Log into your carriers BIS website and check the email account is still set up as IMAP and try re-sending your service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 05:23 AM
    It works now. What I never thought about trying was deleting the e-mail address from my BB and then setting it up again. That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the advice.
    08-14-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD