I am considering moving my executive team from windows based devices to Blackberry devices, but my technology consultant is advising against it. He says that blackberry exchange server is finicky and not necessary (we have only a relatively small number of e-mail enabled smart phones anyway), but that it is the only way to get the e-mail to the blackberry from our in-house exchange servers.

I was browsing the Verizon site, and came across a description of a "desktop service" that claimed to run on the individual employees computers, and push the e-mail from their outlook to the blackberry.

Can anyone comment on this, or another solution to getting the e-mail from the exchange server to the blackberry without dealing with blackberry server?

Thank you
    10-15-08 11:54 PM
    Use BlackBerry Professional Software. Allows you to have a max of 30 users i think. It's like a mini Enterprise Server. You can read more about it here on na.blackberry.com/eng/services/professional/
    10-17-08 05:12 PM
    Use BlackBerry Professional Software. Allows you to have a max of 30 users i think. It's like a mini Enterprise Server. You can read more about it here on na.blackberry.com/eng/services/professional/
    +1 on this.
    10-17-08 11:25 PM

Bundles

BlackBerry Professional Software is available in two convenient bundles to get you started. Prices below are subject to change and are the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. Your service provider may sell for less.
    BlackBerry Professional Software – 5 users $499 USD (MSRP) BlackBerry Professional Software – 10 users $849 USD (MSRP) Expanding Your Deployment

As your business grows, you can easily add BlackBerry smartphone users by purchasing additional Client Access Licenses (CALs) or an upgrade kit.
    Up to 30 users
    When you’re ready to add more users to your BlackBerry Professional Software, you can purchase additional CALs—up to a maximum of 30 total users. BlackBerry Professional Software supports BlackBerry® Enterprise Server CALs and is backward compatible with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server – Small Business Edition CALs.
    10-17-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD