Just got this email from the co-CEOs.
    Other Languages – BlackBerry - Thank You Gift

Dear Valued BlackBerry Customer:

Early in the week of October 9th, you may have experienced an interruption in BlackBerry® service. We sincerely apologise. *BlackBerry service was fully restored and we are doing our best to ensure nothing like this happens again.

Our network supports the communication needs of more than 70 million customers worldwide. We truly value our relationship with you. We have worked hard to earn your trust over the past 12 years and we are committed to restoring that trust.

Thank you for choosing and supporting BlackBerry. In appreciation, we would like to offer you a selection of premium apps available on BlackBerry App World™ free of charge*. See details at http://myblackberryapp.com

We also appreciate the feedback you’ve shared. Please continue to send us your comments and suggestions at BlackBerry | Facebook

Sincerely,

Mike Lazaridis & Jim Balsillie

Co-CEOs

Research In Motion Limited

*Please note that the availability of this offer will depend on the type of device, operating system version, access to BlackBerry App World and local conditions and/or restrictions. *For the complete terms and conditions of this offer, please go to http://myblackberryapp.com
    For an enterprise dedicated company which used to remain in the background, RIM seems to be changing their way of doing business and have started to touch base with the customers directly.
    Seems like a good direction they are heading in.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-27-11 03:15 AM
    Didn't everyone get that email?

I know I did and I'm not an enterprise customer. I was not affected by the outage.
    10-27-11 07:24 AM
    Old email that millions of people received. Just a email to it's users. I mean I would think they have to say something when there's an outage as long as it was globally. In my opinion, this doesn't indicate any change, just them doing what was needed for something they've never experienced before. But they are still pushing back release dates on devices and software so some things stay the same. And the latter is more important.
    10-27-11 08:20 AM
    yeah i got the email about a week ago
    10-27-11 09:41 AM
    I think you guys completely missed the point about why this was posted.

But that is nice to see.
    Jake Storm and jesse_h like this.
    10-27-11 11:22 AM
    Old email that millions of people received. Just a email to it's users. I mean I would think they have to say something when there's an outage as long as it was globally. In my opinion, this doesn't indicate any change, just them doing what was needed for something they've never experienced before. But they are still pushing back release dates on devices and software so some things stay the same. And the latter is more important.
    I never get an email like this from my phone/internet/satellite/hydro provider when service goes out.
    I think it was an unexpected, nice touch. Well done RIM!
    10-27-11 03:11 PM
    So they have a secretary draft up an apology email, put their names on the bottom and mass email everyone that's in their contact lists. I'm sure they're investors and Board of Directors feel so much better now.
    10-27-11 04:09 PM
    I've never seen this email and first I've heard of this . I know they have my emai address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD