preference of the masses won out here.
    True. And sometimes the masses don't pick the Best products or the most technologically advanced. Sometimes they pick the less expensive or the easiest to use or the most popular (coolest) products. What can you do ? No point complaining about it now ...

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-20-16 11:40 PM
    I'm saying that on BB10 it is seamless and easy. It's annoying on an Android. It's weird to see a product which is cumbersome and awkward sell better than a seamless design. Other than the large amount of apps, I'm really not sure what makes Android sell better. Price maybe? For me, why wouldn't I want to do everything faster? Snapchat and crappy games sure don't make up for having a smooth, snappy UI. The fact that Android phones require quad cores and huge amounts of RAM to run smoothly is proof of the sloppy architecture. My Z30 runs as smoothly as silk on half the specs Androids do. Android feels like Mexico City. Just a UI built on top of the old one, built on top of another old one, etc. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    You find listening to music and sending an email on Android "harder" than on BB10?

Are you even trying?
    Play music, minimise,open email and send
    its literally the same number of steps on BB10 if you want it to be.

I can play music, swipe to email from music app and send.
    murphcid likes this.
    09-21-16 02:38 AM
    Multitasking is better on an Android? Explain. It isn't even real multitasking, so I'm curious as to why you say that. Can an Android play a movie, open multiple apps, browse online, and have a game running concurrently? And then seamlessly switch back and forth? My brother has the S7 and it sure can't...

Posted via CB10
    Define real multitasking?
    I can do two tasks at once on Android.

I can watch a video and write an email about it at the same time.

I cant do that on BB10
    murphcid and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-21-16 02:40 AM
    TgeekB I am not trashing Android. Nor am I arguing that Bb10 is not dead, it obviously is. I am trying to say that there are many reasons why it should have succeeded, and I don't think it ever got the chance or respect it deserves as a UI. And it's frustrating when I mention things it is good at it is dismissed immediately and compared to a product which is frankly, inferior in many regards. The blame falls squarely on Thorsten Heins and less directly on John Chen. Especially their completely inadequate marketing teams, which were so out of touch they basically murdered their own product right out of the gate. It apologise if this frustration is misdirected.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 was rightfully dismissed when it first came out as it was inadequate for what it was supposed to be.
    Bug ridden and lacking features.
    Should never have been released in that state.

10.2 and 10.2.1 the OS was in top condition, surpassing the others in some regards and not far off in others. Thats what should have been released. Apart from separate issues (Contacts, sensors, and Link) the OS was solid.
    That's when Blackberry should have aggressively pushed the OS to salvage it's reputation. The tech media wanted BB10 to succeed but Blackberry did not push to rescue their broken image at all.
    As you say, the blame lies with the company.

And now the OS has been left to stagnate while others evolve.

It could have been better, but it was mismanaged massively
    murphcid likes this.
    09-21-16 02:48 AM
    I can talk, and text at the same time. I don't see what is so hard except to fanboys who have their head in the sand.

You find listening to music and sending an email on Android "harder" than on BB10?

Are you even trying?
    Play music, minimise,open email and send
    its literally the same number of steps on BB10 if you want it to be.

I can play music, swipe to email from music app and send.
    09-21-16 06:39 AM
    There is no ending to this argument which is better bb10 or BlackBerry android.

Bb10 is way better and advance OS all it lacks is Apps. If bb10 has all the apps like Google Play store and then BlackBerry have released Android phone.

How many would have switch from bb10 to Android ???

Those who have jumped from bb10 to Priv or Dtek50 know there is no future of bb10 so they jump and now they are loving Android, claiming it's easy, better then bb10, you should try once before posting and all...
    Deep down they too know things on bb10 was way more easier then they doing in Android but they won't accept it.

trust me I had priv for almost a month, it couldn't make my things easier as my daily driver which I need to perform most of my work so I gave it to my dad and I got on my Passport again. BlackBerry has done quite nice job on Android this is no denying but at the same time, those who jumped from bb10 to Android is just because of APPS.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan and CDM76 like this.
    09-21-16 07:00 AM

Bb10 is way better and advance OS all it lacks is Apps. If bb10 has all the apps like Google Play store and then BlackBerry have released Android phone.

Those who have jumped from bb10 to Priv or Dtek50 know there is no future of bb10 so they jump and now they are loving Android, claiming it's easy, better then bb10, you should try once before posting and all...
    Deep down they too know things on bb10 was way more easier then they doing in Android but they won't accept it.

trust me I had priv for almost a month, it couldn't make my things easier as my daily driver which I need to perform most of my work so I gave it to my dad and I got on my Passport again. BlackBerry has done quite nice job on Android this is no denying but at the same time, those who jumped from bb10 to Android is just because of APPS.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any proof for your comments? You know what other people think?
    09-21-16 07:45 AM
    Define real multitasking?
    I can do two tasks at once on Android.

I can watch a video and write an email about it at the same time.

I cant do that on BB10
    not the same. not even close. multi tasking on android is horrendous. not sure about the video- but when watching a video, listening to music or browsing, I can easily- very easily- see if there is a message for me without launching the whole email app/ phone app.

I agree that BB10 is more seamless than android.
    Erik Lehman likes this.
    09-21-16 08:23 AM
    BB10 was rightfully dismissed when it first came out as it was inadequate for what it was supposed to be.
    Bug ridden and lacking features.
    Should never have been released in that state.

10.2 and 10.2.1 the OS was in top condition, surpassing the others in some regards and not far off in others. Thats what should have been released. Apart from separate issues (Contacts, sensors, and Link) the OS was solid.
    That's when Blackberry should have aggressively pushed the OS to salvage it's reputation. The tech media wanted BB10 to succeed but Blackberry did not push to rescue their broken image at all.
    As you say, the blame lies with the company.

And now the OS has been left to stagnate while others evolve.

It could have been better, but it was mismanaged massively
    tho I love BB10, it was too late- far too late when they released it. It was, is and will be nothing more than niche, but I do think there's $ to be made there. I don't care how many phones they sell as long as they can/ could get the right business model behind the OS and achieve a profit to make it all worthwhile. Going android was nec, but if they put all their eggs in that basket, they'll be out of the handset business regardless.
    09-21-16 08:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Strangely enough you are wrong.
    BB10 caused me issues and jumping solved it.

And there is no better OS.
    BB10 could suit someone perfectly
    and BB10 may be awful to another person, who may find Android perfect.

What you may use your phone for is completely different to what I may use my phone for

It's subjective, and people need to realise that here.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-21-16 08:32 AM
    not the same. not even close. multi tasking on android is horrendous. not sure about the video- but when watching a video, listening to music or browsing, I can easily- very easily- see if there is a message for me without launching the whole email app/ phone app.

Again define multitasking.

I define it as doing two tasks at once.

My example, is I can watch a video sent to me by work, and make notes on it all at the same time without switching between apps or pausing the video

And people can do the same as your example on Android very easily too as well.
    Multitasking on Android is nowhere near as bad as what is claimed here
    TgeekB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-21-16 08:38 AM
    tho I love BB10, it was too late- far too late when they released it. It was, is and will be nothing more than niche, but I do think there's $ to be made there. I don't care how many phones they sell as long as they can/ could get the right business model behind the OS and achieve a profit to make it all worthwhile. Going android was nec, but if they put all their eggs in that basket, they'll be out of the handset business regardless.
    They should have gambled on BB10 and invested heavily, instead they waited for signs of a miracle and missed the bus.

Just my opinion
    09-21-16 08:39 AM
    Can't argue with that. Android is fragmented with all its different devices and OS's but it's still not difficult for most people to figure it out.
    Yep... I'm a huge proponent of putting in the time to learn the device and OS, rather than trying to make it behave like what you just came from. Heck I can even navigate the menu trees on Samsung.
    09-21-16 10:16 AM
    They should have gambled on BB10 and invested heavily, instead they waited for signs of a miracle and missed the bus.

Just my opinion
    They invested millions and probably billions in BB10. The market spoke for itself. They wanted apps. That's where BlackBerry missed the boat. When you release an OS without pretty much the one thing that people want, it's hard to make money. BlackBerry has been trying to play catch up ever since. It sucks because I love BB10 and it has the apps I want and need for RIGHT now and does everything I would want a phone to do. Eventually it won't and I won't be able to come back to the gloriousness that is my red Passport.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    09-21-16 10:54 AM
    Do you have any proof for your comments? You know what other people think?
    Ummm.... because most everyone whom jumped to Android from BlackBerry has a Google account to Access Google play services which means Apps.

Another reason of course is hardware...., cost, specs, and some impressive cameras. But I don't think that hardware is germane to this operating system thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 01:26 PM
    After spending time reading this thread it seems we have the same rehash of what many threads go on to state... BB10 is superior, Android is inferior.
    I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I did try and make my Z10 work for me.
    However I did need apps which weren't available on BB10, and secondly I had hardware issues with 2 handsets that heated up and died.
    To me, if you're selling a product as a premium product, you cannot have to deal with work arounds, and gaps in the usability that competitive devices have.
    So now BlackBerry has shifted it's OS to Android in hopes to gain some traction in the market. I hope they succeed. I feel bad for those who have love for BB10 and see that it looks like it's going EOL.
    I'm not into coding at all, but my Android devices have both been solid. In comparison to the Z10's that I've had, the Androids were far better value for me as they have done everything I've wanted from them without crashing and burning.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-21-16 04:21 PM
    Strangely enough you are wrong.
    BB10 caused me issues and jumping solved it.

And there is no better OS.
    BB10 could suit someone perfectly
    and BB10 may be awful to another person, who may find Android perfect.

What you may use your phone for is completely different to what I may use my phone for

It's subjective, and people need to realise that here.
    I have already made my point, People have jumped from BB10 to Android just because of APPS just like BlackBerry did. Instead of feeling the App Gap they jump to Android to access the full Apps even if Android wasn't secure enough as bb10.

If still can't accept this fact, then please answer me

If BB10 could access Google Play Service and run all the apps from Google Play store and then BlackBerry Produce an Android device 'Priv'. How many would have jump from bb10 to Android???

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 04:32 PM
    I have already made my point, People have jumped from BB10 to Android just because of APPS just like BlackBerry did. Instead of feeling the App Gap they jump to Android to access the full Apps even if Android wasn't secure enough as bb10.

If still can't accept this fact, then please answer me

If BB10 could access Google Play Service and run all the apps from Google Play store and then BlackBerry Produce an Android device 'Priv'. How many would have jump from bb10 to Android???

Posted via CB10
    You aren't really making a point. You're just restating your opinion over and over and calling it fact. I think there are some users who jumped for apps. And some of those users might have found they actually liked Android as much or more than BB10 once they gave it a shot. And some users might have switched for reasons not related to apps. And some stayed with BB10 because they really liked it. There are most likely many reasons for moving off BB10 as well as for staying with it. These are computers at the end of the day and everyone uses theirs differently.
    09-21-16 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    OK, if we are in fantasy land, what about notification handling of those Android apps? What about the sharing capabilities of those apps? What about the speed at which those apps can run? What about the handling of the widgets for those apps?

If it had all of that, then yes, I would have stayed with BB10. But that sounds like Android now anyway.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-21-16 04:49 PM

This.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-16 05:21 PM
    Again define multitasking.

I define it as doing two tasks at once.

My example, is I can watch a video sent to me by work, and make notes on it all at the same time without switching between apps or pausing the video

And people can do the same as your example on Android very easily too as well.
    Multitasking on Android is nowhere near as bad as what is claimed here
    Well, to be fair BB10 can handle 8 things at once, without a quad core and 10 gb of ram. And everything stays open without having to launch and relaunch the apps. This is the benefit of QNX microkernel architecture, which android does not have. This is the basis of the multitasking functions some people cannot seem to understand on this thread. If you try to load 8 apps on an Android and seamlessly switch back and forth through them all, without having to relaunch things, it can't be done properly. Which is not up for debate.This thread has turned into an argument about multitasking, however my initial point was that Android just feels more sloppy. And I don't think that's a debateable point either.

Posted via CB10

Edit: It can potentially handle much more than 8 programs at once, BlackBerry decided to go with 8 but it could be much more.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-21-16 05:39 PM
    Well, to be fair BB10 can handle 8 things at once, without a quad core and 10 gb of ram. And everything stays open without having to launch and relaunch the apps. This is the benefit of QNX microkernel architecture, which android does not have. This is the basis of the multitasking functions some people cannot seem to understand on this thread. If you try to load 8 apps on an Android and seamlessly switch back and forth through them all, without having to relaunch things, it can't be done properly. Which is not up for debate.This thread has turned into an argument about multitasking, however my initial point was that Android just feels more sloppy. And I don't think that's a debateable point either.

Posted via CB10

Edit: It can potentially handle much more than 8 programs at once, BlackBerry decided to go with 8 but it could be much more.
    Android has always been capable of the same. Multitasking is now implemented nicely in Android nougat

See :
    09-21-16 06:12 PM
    This.

Posted via CB10
    Lol no not "this." That's completely untrue. Notifications appear on screen along with actions to take, as they have for years.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-21-16 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10

This thread is about you thinking there is only one way to look at things. You are incorrect. Terms like "sloppy" are subjective.
    09-21-16 06:56 PM
    Well. If the OP is dying after a week with Android (which was the original subject) here is a little something interesting I just discovered this evening. It might seem small but as EO Wilson said, it's the small things that run the world.

So, a friend sent me a link to a Wikipedia article that included an audio file in the Ogg Vorbis format.

My Nexus 6P running Nougat could not play it.
    My iPhone SE running iOS 10 could not play it.

My Classic running BB10 played it like buttah! ;P

Score one small, but somehow meaningful point for BB10, against the phalanxes of naysayers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    TCB on Z10 and Erik Lehman like this.
    09-21-16 07:57 PM
363 ... 12131415