Multitasking is better on an Android? Explain. It isn't even real multitasking, so I'm curious as to why you say that. Can an Android play a movie, open multiple apps, browse online, and have a game running concurrently? And then seamlessly switch back and forth? My brother has the S7 and it sure can't...

Posted via CB10
    You forgot to throw in listening to music, that makes it more realistic. Just yesterday i was watching a movie, listening to music, playing a game, doing my taxes, and solving world peace all at the same time. That's just a normal day for me.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-20-16 04:23 PM
    I'm saying that on BB10 it is seamless and easy. It's annoying on an Android. It's weird to see a product which is cumbersome and awkward sell better than a seamless design. Other than the large amount of apps, I'm really not sure what makes Android sell better. Price maybe? For me, why wouldn't I want to do everything faster? Snapchat and crappy games sure don't make up for having a smooth, snappy UI. The fact that Android phones require quad cores and huge amounts of RAM to run smoothly is proof of the sloppy architecture. My Z30 runs as smoothly as silk on half the specs Androids do. Android feels like Mexico City. Just a UI built on top of the old one, built on top of another old one, etc. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree. Android is just a mess it feels like one patch after another to make it work. You have to have so many things running to get it running smooth that after awhile it bogs down the os. The media really wanted BlackBerry to fail. When iPhone drops the home button next year it will be genius and don't know why they didn't do it earlier. BlackBerry does it and it's confusing they should have put a home button. . They don't know what to do. Bla Bla bla.

I am really dreading the move to Android. IPhone is not even an option. ITunes is the worst virus I have ever seen.

The media slaggged off BlackBerry so bad the most stayed clear. So no one new how good it was. My sister broke her s3. So I loaned her my spare z10. She had it just over a month when she upgraded to a Sony experia she had that for Oh 5 months. And she bought a used z30 off eBay. She missed bb10 that much. She was willing to trade off the better apps for a better os.

If BlackBerry had done there job in telling people about bb10 I think I would have been a different situations

#luvmybb10os
    Erik Lehman and CDM76 like this.
    09-20-16 04:27 PM
    You forgot to throw in listening to music, that makes it more realistic. Just yesterday i was watching a movie, listening to music, playing a game, doing my taxes, and solving world peace all at the same time. That's just a normal day for me.
    Amazing that you can fit that in while you tidy your room in your mom's basement. If you can't answer because you don't have one then stop wasting everybody's time.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:29 PM
    Multitasking is better on an Android? Explain. It isn't even real multitasking, so I'm curious as to why you say that. Can an Android play a movie, open multiple apps, browse online, and have a game running concurrently? And then seamlessly switch back and forth? My brother has the S7 and it sure can't...
    Perhaps you should watch this video - though admittedly newer Android phones aren't nearly as limited as this 4-year-old model:

09-20-16 04:30 PM
    I totally agree. Android is just a mess it feels like one patch after another to make it work. You have to have so many things running to get it running smooth that after awhile it bogs down the os. The media really wanted BlackBerry to fail. When iPhone drops the home button next year it will be genius and don't know why they didn't do it earlier. BlackBerry does it and it's confusing they should have put a home button. . They don't know what to do. Bla Bla bla.

I am really dreading the move to Android. IPhone is not even an option. ITunes is the worst virus I have ever seen.

The media slaggged off BlackBerry so bad the most stayed clear. So no one new how good it was. My sister broke her s3. So I loaned her my spare z10. She had it just over a month when she upgraded to a Sony experia she had that for Oh 5 months. And she bought a used z30 off eBay. She missed bb10 that much. She was willing to trade off the better apps for a better os.

If BlackBerry had done there job in telling people about bb10 I think I would have been a different situations

#luvmybb10os
    I agree. I will eventually move to Android, probably the new DTEK60 that just got leaked, it looks OK. I was playing around with my gf's Dtek50 and I found it adequate. Just trying to tell people that BB10 could have been so much more if more people gave it a look. It's a real shame.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:31 PM
    Amazing that you can fit that in while you tidy your room in your mom's basement. If you can't answer because you don't have one then stop wasting everybody's time.

Posted via CB10
    Aww, that hurt. More attacking eh? I've probably used more BlackBerry devices than you will in your lifetime. BB10 was a great OS but it failed. Make any excuse you want. I'm hoping they can thrive in the Android world and continue to make devices. If not, it's software only. Now those are facts!

Now if you're nice I'll let you have one of the cupcakes my mom just made.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    09-20-16 04:34 PM
    Perhaps you should watch this video - though admittedly newer Android phones aren't nearly as limited as this 4-year-old model:

Very nice. However this chap has it running from his house, using peripherals and what I imagine is a tedious set up procedure. Bb10 phones accomplish this in the palm of your hand, right out of the box. And have done for years. I'm not slagging android or their attempts to mimic BB10 multitasking. I'm showing that BB10 is superior for this exact reason.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    09-20-16 04:38 PM
    Aww, that hurt. More attacking eh? I've probably used more BlackBerry devices than you will in your lifetime. BB10 was a great OS but it failed. Make any excuse you want. I'm hoping they can thrive in the Android world and continue to make devices. If not, it's software only. Now those are facts!

Now if you're nice I'll let you have one of the cupcakes my mom just made.
    Actually those are opinions. You can tell the difference, yes? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:39 PM
    I agree. I will eventually move to Android, probably the new DTEK60 that just got leaked, it looks OK. I was playing around with my gf's Dtek50 and I found it adequate. Just trying to tell people that BB10 could have been so much more if more people gave it a look. It's a real shame.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I have played with Android before and I found it frustrating and limited. To what bb10 can do. The dtek60 is what I will probably upgrade to but probably not till my z30 starts to have problems. Or BlackBerry can make the android run more like a BlackBerry

#luvmybb10os
    09-20-16 04:47 PM
    I agree. I have played with Android before and I found it frustrating and limited. To what bb10 can do. The dtek60 is what I will probably upgrade to but probably not till my z30 starts to have problems. Or BlackBerry can make the android run more like a BlackBerry

#luvmybb10os
    This is what I'm hoping. If Android can be cleaned up a little more and they can integrate more BlackBerry features alongside the already integrated hub, then this is the logical next step for me. My Z30 will be used until it starts to fail, but it hasn't yet so it may be a while

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:59 PM
    This is what I'm hoping. If Android can be cleaned up a little more and they can integrate more BlackBerry features alongside the already integrated hub, then this is the logical next step for me. My Z30 will be used until it starts to fail, but it hasn't yet so it may be a while

Posted via CB10
    Now that sounds perfectly reasonable.
    09-20-16 05:13 PM
    Now that sounds perfectly reasonable.
    TgeekB I am not trashing Android. Nor am I arguing that Bb10 is not dead, it obviously is. I am trying to say that there are many reasons why it should have succeeded, and I don't think it ever got the chance or respect it deserves as a UI. And it's frustrating when I mention things it is good at it is dismissed immediately and compared to a product which is frankly, inferior in many regards. The blame falls squarely on Thorsten Heins and less directly on John Chen. Especially their completely inadequate marketing teams, which were so out of touch they basically murdered their own product right out of the gate. It apologise if this frustration is misdirected.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and miker476 like this.
    09-20-16 05:18 PM
    I'm saying that on BB10 it is seamless and easy. It's annoying on an Android. It's weird to see a product which is cumbersome and awkward sell better than a seamless design. Other than the large amount of apps, I'm really not sure what makes Android sell better. Price maybe? For me, why wouldn't I want to do everything faster? Snapchat and crappy games sure don't make up for having a smooth, snappy UI. The fact that Android phones require quad cores and huge amounts of RAM to run smoothly is proof of the sloppy architecture. My Z30 runs as smoothly as silk on half the specs Androids do. Android feels like Mexico City. Just a UI built on top of the old one, built on top of another old one, etc. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    +10000000 I have to wonder if I'm "special " , my BlackBerry 10 experience has been the best. I see some coming here to .bash the browser but personally I have never had any issues whatsoever, can't say the same of the Samsung browsers or IOS devices that I have used.

I have always tried to be up to date with tech devices and though I have tried the top of the line of the other OS'es out there, cannot say that I would leave BlackBerry 10 for any out there .

The Flow of the BlackBerry 10 OS is second to none and for my purposes it's still Number 1 many years after the launch of BlackBerry 10. You have articulated quite well my experience with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Erik Lehman and CDM76 like this.
    09-20-16 05:20 PM
    TgeekB I am not trashing Android. Not am I arguing that Bb10 is not dead, it obviously is. I am trying to say that there are many reasons why it should have succeeded, and I don't think it ever got the chance or respect it deserves as a UI. And it's frustrating when I mention things it is good at it is dismissed immediately and compared to a product which is frankly, inferior in many regards. The blame falls squarely on Thorsten Heins and less directly on John Chen. Especially their completely inadequate marketing teams, which were so out of touch they basically murdered their own product right out of the gate. It apologise if this frustration is misdirected.

Posted via CB10
    We can debate forever as to why it failed, but it doesn't matter. Did it have its own unique ways to do things which were extremely useful? Of course it did. BB10 was a very capable OS that never reached its potential. Pitting it blow by blow against Android really doesn't prove anything, and that's my point. The way i look at it, you can be a die-hard and go down with the ship, or look to the future and see where it goes. I think the new dtek's are decent devices that still give BlackBerry users some of the security features they like along with familiar navigation tools. JMHO.
    09-20-16 05:26 PM
    Very nice. However this chap has it running from his house, using peripherals and what I imagine is a tedious set up procedure. Bb10 phones accomplish this in the palm of your hand, right out of the box. And have done for years. I'm not slagging android or their attempts to mimic BB10 multitasking. I'm showing that BB10 is superior for this exact reason.
    He's using peripherals because the video is showing how the phone could be used in a desktop role. But all of those capabilities are part of the OS and don't need any peripherals to work.

Also, Android is hardly "mimicking BB10 multitasking" - keep in mind this video is from 2012, before BB10 even launched. And I posted it specifically to refute your false assertion that Android doesn't have "true multitasking" (whatever that means). I'm pretty sure this video destroys that concept soundly.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-20-16 05:28 PM
    The BB10 browser has been abysmal for a long time now, both in terms of speed and compatibility.

Multitasking, in my opinion, is better handled on Android. The memory management is better, the sharing capabilities between apps is better, and the number of simultaneously open apps is higher. BlackBerry Android has the same active frame screen as BB10.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    My passport browser still beats the browser on my Dad's Priv.

Android Multitasking better then bb10 :O ... really? Come on.

That explains why Chen thought going Android would save them :P

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 05:29 PM
    He's using peripherals because the video is showing how the phone could be used in a desktop role. But all of those capabilities are part of the OS and don't need any peripherals to work.

Also, Android is hardly "mimicking BB10 multitasking" - keep in mind this video is from 2012, before BB10 even launched. And I posted it specifically to refute your false assertion that Android doesn't have "true multitasking" (whatever that means). I'm pretty sure this video destroys that concept soundly.
    Actually it doesn't. Have you ever used a BB10 phone? If you had then you wouldn't post irrelevant videos. If you dont already know what I mean by true multitasking then unfortunately, there isn't really a point in talking to you. Use a bb10 phone and then talk.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 05:45 PM
    My passport browser still beats the browser on my Dad's Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely impossible. Regardless of benchmark.
    09-20-16 05:50 PM
    Android Multitasking better then bb10 :O ... really? Come on.

Posted via CB10
    In ways that actually matter in terms of function - absolutely!
    09-20-16 05:51 PM
    then you have to sort through 5 billion open apps. I don't like it either. That's just me personally.

#luvmybb10os
    Maybe that's your problem... you need to close more apps more often lol

I closing them constantly

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    Last edited by CDM76; 09-20-16 at 11:35 PM.
    09-20-16 06:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    At least you are keeping things polite and professional. Shaking my head!

09-20-16 06:34 PM
    Actually it doesn't. Have you ever used a BB10 phone? If you had then you wouldn't post irrelevant videos. If you dont already know what I mean by true multitasking then unfortunately, there isn't really a point in talking to you. Use a bb10 phone and then talk.

Posted via CB10
    I'm guessing you mean the ability to swipe out of an app on BB10 and have it still provide info and carry out the last task. For instance the browser being able to play YouTube in the background or the weather app active frame still displaying relevant weather. Android is perfectly capable of running BB10's active frame multitasking interface. It's just the multitasking interface on Android hasn't really changed ui much ( the underpinnings have but the paused frame has been around from Android 4.0). Since no one really complains about needing that type of multitasking outside of these forums no manufacturer can be bothered to skin it like BB10's. The fact that android can have two apps run side by side on the same screen is all the proof you need that preference of the masses won out here.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-20-16 06:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've use many bb10 devices and still use my z10 on occasion. You'll have to tell me what you think true multitasking is...specifically. Because although I thoroughly enjoy multitasking on my Z10 I also recognize I can multitask much more effectively on my Nexus 6p.
    09-20-16 09:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    True multitasking is the inalienable domain of BB10 and always will be!

It's possible that I am not totally sincere.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-20-16 09:37 PM
    TgeekB I am not trashing Android. Nor am I arguing that Bb10 is not dead, it obviously is. I am trying to say that there are many reasons why it should have succeeded, and I don't think it ever got the chance or respect it deserves as a UI. And it's frustrating when I mention things it is good at it is dismissed immediately and compared to a product which is frankly, inferior in many regards. The blame falls squarely on Thorsten Heins and less directly on John Chen. Especially their completely inadequate marketing teams, which were so out of touch they basically murdered their own product right out of the gate. It apologise if this frustration is misdirected.

Posted via CB10
    No need to apologize!!!
    You are exactly correct.

09-20-16 10:53 PM
363 ... 1112131415