You switch apps on iPhone with a press/swipe on the left side of the screen, not just by pressing the home button anymore. You can also swipe back and forth between pages in apps.

I'm in the Kansas City suburbs and they played the Keep Moving commercial during darn near every commercial break during the NCAA tournament that year, at least in my market.
    Maybe targeted tornado alley? Haha silly blackberry...

Least you guys saw them! ....

-Dread Pirate Regan
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-17-16 01:17 PM
    Really they just need to be smarter about it. Make sure their ads a) hit the most people possible to get best bang for their buck b) show their product benefits for the target market.

The superbowl ad is the first / last I saw in recent years and was utterly pointless. Complete waste of money.

Security is great but everyone knows Blackberry security. Let's also promote other features.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    They need a controversial ad as any publicity is good publicity, something to get folks talking like this:

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-17-16 01:25 PM
    I bought the Priv and it MIGHT come close to bb10 once on Nougat OS... android is the worst OS ever

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv by BlackBerry
    Exactly!...consistently BB10 rocks!

  
    09-17-16 01:42 PM
    We have problems because BB10 is not permitted to use Google Play Services, or update the Android Runtime beyond Jellybean - both as a result of OHA regs.
    Open Handset Alliance isn't so open lol

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-17-16 03:19 PM
    The reality is that not many consumers are interested in BlackBerry features. The two features that are the most compelling are a PKB and regular security updates.

Regardless, BlackBerry needs to focus in on ads for buying phones on line or paying for WORKING demo models in carrier stores.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 09-17-16 at 06:17 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-17-16 06:03 PM
    They need a controversial ad as any publicity is good publicity, something to get folks talking like this:

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Hahahaha. Could you imagine?
    Would get lots free publicity for sure lol

Last edited by CDM76; 09-18-16 at 02:16 AM.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-18-16 12:52 AM
    Hahahaha. Could you imagine?
    Would get lots free publicity for sure lop

I concur..

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-18-16 01:29 AM
    Too bad media would spin it as somehow further proof that Blackberry is dying.

09-18-16 02:17 AM

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Don't forget this one from K-Mart! Everyone was talking about this commercial!
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-18-16 11:02 AM
    Well I've been using Android for 3 months now and I still don't know how to do the following :

1. How can I ensure that all the media that is sent to me via WhatsApp is saved on my SD Card instead of the phone just like my BlackBerry 10

2. How to be able to save a file after signing it using Adobe Acrobat Reader into my SD card.

3. After completing some forms on Adobe Acrobat Reader how to save the file in a name I prefer so that I know what & where it is.

4. After working on a word, excel or pdf file to be able to save it on to my Dropbox, Box or my computer directly without having to save it on the phone first & then transfer it there.

5. How to share more than 1 picture that is sent to me via WhatsApp to an email without first having to download it and then go to the WhatsApp folder to look for them select one share to an email and then go back to add another picture then add the instruction to my colleague then send. In BlackBerry 10 I just select multiple pictures without downloading them first tap share and choose email.

6. How to access files that are stored on my computer that is either at home or in my office while I'm outside at a clients office.

7. Find the music that I have downloaded on to the SD card and play them.

These are some of the challenges I am facing daily on my S7 Edge at the moment.
    For me, I've had to google answers to the following:
    - how to switch the camera back to stills from video
    - how to add yahoo's calendar to the Google calendar app (looks like you cant)
    - how to create groups for contacts, and filter by them (still not figured out)
    - how to add an extension to a phone number
    - how to allow a file manager to access the SD card
    - why a unified SD card disappears (turns out you can only use SD cards of a certain speed under 6.0, and it's not a hardware issue
    - how to go to silent notification mode (and what "do not disturb" really means)

Much of this is just getting used to things, but it also seems like some obvious things are kind of slapped together.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-18-16 12:02 PM
    For me, I've had to google answers to the following:
    - how to switch the camera back to stills from video
    - how to add yahoo's calendar to the Google calendar app (looks like you cant)
    - how to create groups for contacts, and filter by them (still not figured out)
    - how to add an extension to a phone number
    - how to allow a file manager to access the SD card
    - why a unified SD card disappears (turns out you can only use SD cards of a certain speed under 6.0, and it's not a hardware issue
    - how to go to silent notification mode (and what "do not disturb" really means)

Much of this is just getting used to things, but it also seems like some obvious things are kind of slapped together.

Posted via CB10
    what phone do you have?
    Most of those are obvious on my device, but some devices offer different experiences
    09-20-16 07:56 AM
    devices offer different experiences
    Android in a nutshell...
    CDM76 and Prem WatsApp like this.
    09-20-16 10:41 AM
    This was all on a Moto E. The remaining issues:

Switching camera:
    - Looks like I had to touch the camera icon to switch to video, but there is no way back. I can still shoot stills by tapping the screen, but can't switch from "video mode" to camera mode (ie. go back to the way it was before I tried to record video)

Yahoo:
    - did some trickery on their website to get things into google's calendar (which isn't used), but now I have Sol Calendar installed instead.

Groups:
    I eventually figured out how to specify a group on an individual contact, but can't seem to delete groups already there (some garbage that came in when contacts were imported), or move a bunch of contacts at once. Also have no idea how to view a specific group only. All I want is to make something like "Doctors" and have all doctors there, for example.

Extension:
    Something until the # sign when entering the phone number. Doesn't look right, but it is at least there. A separate field would be great.

Unified card:
    - Had to move data off of it, then reformat as mass storage.

Overall, I appreciate having lots of apps, but was not expecting I actually needed to them to get some of the functionality that just works with my Q5 out of the box.
    09-20-16 01:32 PM
    This was all on a Moto E. The remaining issues:

Switching camera:
    - Looks like I had to touch the camera icon to switch to video, but there is no way back. I can still shoot stills by tapping the screen, but can't switch from "video mode" to camera mode (ie. go back to the way it was before I tried to record video)

Yahoo:
    - did some trickery on their website to get things into google's calendar (which isn't used), but now I have Sol Calendar installed instead.

Groups:
    I eventually figured out how to specify a group on an individual contact, but can't seem to delete groups already there (some garbage that came in when contacts were imported), or move a bunch of contacts at once. Also have no idea how to view a specific group only. All I want is to make something like "Doctors" and have all doctors there, for example.

Extension:
    Something until the # sign when entering the phone number. Doesn't look right, but it is at least there. A separate field would be great.

Unified card:
    - Had to move data off of it, then reformat as mass storage.

Overall, I appreciate having lots of apps, but was not expecting I actually needed to them to get some of the functionality that just works with my Q5 out of the box.
    welcome to android. it's a bit of a mess.
    09-20-16 02:00 PM
    Android in a nutshell...
    Can't argue with that. Android is fragmented with all its different devices and OS's but it's still not difficult for most people to figure it out.
    09-20-16 02:16 PM
    Are you actually trying to say you can't easily send an email while listening to music on Android but cause that's an outright lie.
    I'm saying that on BB10 it is seamless and easy. It's annoying on an Android. It's weird to see a product which is cumbersome and awkward sell better than a seamless design. Other than the large amount of apps, I'm really not sure what makes Android sell better. Price maybe? For me, why wouldn't I want to do everything faster? Snapchat and crappy games sure don't make up for having a smooth, snappy UI. The fact that Android phones require quad cores and huge amounts of RAM to run smoothly is proof of the sloppy architecture. My Z30 runs as smoothly as silk on half the specs Androids do. Android feels like Mexico City. Just a UI built on top of the old one, built on top of another old one, etc. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    09-20-16 03:57 PM
    I'm saying that on BB10 it is seamless and easy. It's annoying on an Android. It's weird to see a product which is cumbersome and awkward sell better than a seamless design. Other than the large amount of apps, I'm really not sure what makes Android sell better. Price maybe? For me, why wouldn't I want to do everything faster? Snapchat and crappy games sure don't make up for having a smooth, snappy UI. The fact that Android phones require quad cores and huge amounts of RAM to run smoothly is proof of the sloppy architecture. My Z30 runs as smoothly as silk on half the specs Androids do. Android feels like Mexico City. Just a UI built on top of the old one, built on top of another old one, etc. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    That's your opinion, but certainly not a popular one.
    09-20-16 03:58 PM
    That's your opinion, but certainly not a popular one.
    Actually it's not my opinion, it's a fact. And it is BlackBerry 's fault for not getting BB10 out the door and into people's hands faster. There are lots of articles and YouTube videos pitting Android against BB10 in basically every category and from productivity to the speed of the browser, BlackBerry destroys it. Not to mention the only true multitasking experience on a device. Too bad BlackBerry never got it out there in time. That said, the newer BlackBerry devices that run Android have cleaned up some of the more egregious and annoying problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:03 PM
    Actually it's not my opinion, it's a fact. And it is BlackBerry 's fault for not getting BB10 out the door and into people's hands faster. And if you want proof there are lots of stories and YouTube videos pitting Android against BB10 in basically every category and from productivity to the speed of the browser, BlackBerry destroys it. Not to mention the only true multitasking experience on a device. Too bad BlackBerry never got it out there in time. That said, the newer BlackBerry devices that run Android have cleaned up some of the more egregious and annoying problems.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, OK. You've totally convinced me now.
    09-20-16 04:05 PM
    Oh, OK. You've totally convinced me now.
    Trying to educate you. Probably pointless though.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:06 PM
    Trying to educate you. Probably pointless though.

Posted via CB10
    The fact that you have to mock first Android and now me to try to make your point disqualifies you from a serious mention.
    09-20-16 04:08 PM
    Actually it's not my opinion, it's a fact. And it is BlackBerry 's fault for not getting BB10 out the door and into people's hands faster. There are lots of articles and YouTube videos pitting Android against BB10 in basically every category and from productivity to the speed of the browser, BlackBerry destroys it. Not to mention the only true multitasking experience on a device. Too bad BlackBerry never got it out there in time. That said, the newer BlackBerry devices that run Android have cleaned up some of the more egregious and annoying problems.

Posted via CB10
    The BB10 browser has been abysmal for a long time now, both in terms of speed and compatibility.

Multitasking, in my opinion, is better handled on Android. The memory management is better, the sharing capabilities between apps is better, and the number of simultaneously open apps is higher. BlackBerry Android has the same active frame screen as BB10.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    09-20-16 04:09 PM
    The BB10 browser has been abysmal for a long time now, both in terms of speed and compatibility.

Multitasking, in my opinion, is better handled on Android. The memory management is better, the sharing capabilities between apps is better, and the number of simultaneously open apps is higher. BlackBerry Android has the same active frame screen as BB10.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    Multitasking is better on an Android? Explain. It isn't even real multitasking, so I'm curious as to why you say that. Can an Android play a movie, open multiple apps, browse online, and have a game running concurrently? And then seamlessly switch back and forth? My brother has the S7 and it sure can't...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 04:15 PM
    You find pressing the square recents button on the bottom right of the nav bar difficult?

It's actually not any slower than a swipe up gesture.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    then you have to sort through 5 billion open apps. I don't like it either. That's just me personally.

#luvmybb10os
    09-20-16 04:17 PM
    For work i have to move to an Android cheap device and after one week i miss my Z10 a lot:

- The HUB
    -The Keyboard
    -The notification System, incredible how limited is the notification System in Android, at least in my new Android phone can't costumize App by App like in BB10.

Anyway, the only reasons that Android Win is because the Apps, nothing else, Android can't compete with BB10 in nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 was magnificent, though I personally used a BB10 device for less than a week before I had to switch it out. But Android/iOS/WP certainly have their own charm. Have you tried installing the BlackBerry software on your Android device? Any good?
    09-20-16 04:18 PM
363 ... 1011121314 ...