I used BB for many years. I use a Nexus 6p now. It is not a mess.
    It may work well but the coding behind it versus the coding behind BB10, is it apples to oranges? Yes and no. I think BB10 is way more efficient as look at it run on duo core processors with no issues! I think that is what he or she as well as I meant...

Android will soon need as much horsepower as a desktop PC!

Why?... LOL

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-15-16 07:31 PM
    Umm...right. 🙄
    09-15-16 07:34 PM
    Umm...right. 🙄
    Thanks,
    no need to sta sta stutter when just typing bro. It's all good.

#Staypositive

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-15-16 07:36 PM
    Modular os's will almost always feel clunky vs an integrated one. Modular gives options but at the expense of uniformity of experience. I miss my Z10 but even though it was far easier to do the things it could do, it just doesn't do as much as my S7. I hope they find a way to bring the BB10 experience fully to android but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    miker476 likes this.
    09-15-16 08:32 PM
    I'm a fan of both and a long time BB10 user. I can assure you that your description of Android is more posturing than accurate.
    I've used both. Went from z10 to z30. Side loaded apps, installed play store. The ONLY thing Android has over bb10 is Google play services. Then I dropped my z30 in a puddle and was forced to use some Nexus rubbish. Don't tell me I'm posturing, I've used both. And after a week of using android I was so frustrated I wanted to throw my phone. I'm listening to music and want to send and email. Better close everything and then keep it open in this weird battery sucking menu! You have to download a file manager ffs. Don't give me your Android fanboy garbage, it's an inferior product only saved by its range of apps, and you know it.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and BerrySoul like this.
    09-15-16 10:37 PM
    I've used both. Went from z10 to z30. Side loaded apps, installed play store. The ONLY thing Android has over bb10 is Google play services. Then I dropped my z30 in a puddle and was forced to use some Nexus rubbish. Don't tell me I'm posturing, I've used both. And after a week of using android I was so frustrated I wanted to throw my phone. I'm listening to music and want to send and email. Better close everything and then keep it open in this weird battery sucking menu! You have to download a file manager ffs. Don't give me your Android fanboy garbage, it's an inferior product only saved by its range of apps, and you know it.

Posted via CB10
    Relax chief.

I'm glad BB10 works for you. That's great.

Your description of Android is very different from mine. Perhaps you didn't get to a reasonable point on the learning curve to get Android working for you.

Thee is no reason for anger or for the use of superlatives. I was a power BB10 user since launch and I have comfortably settled in to BlackBerry Android. It is doable, I can assure you.
    09-16-16 12:06 AM
    Give it a chance? Why not ask all the BlackBerry haters that infest these boards why they never gave BlackBerry a chance? Android is a sloppy mess that reminds me of a plate of spaghetti.

Posted via CB10
    Some of us gave BlackBerry more than a fair chance.

Just saying.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-16-16 01:23 AM
    I find it odd that a fan base for a platform will argue so strongly for physical keys in a keyboard, yet will show such derision for a device with ONE physical input button on the merit that physical keys are a bad thing. A singular button that serves many purposes at that.
    I haven't have a physical keyboard on my Blackberry in about 4 years now. Wtf you talking about?

Besides that, the virtual buttons at bottom of Android bug me too. But we're talking iPhone.

IPhones having that button is like the university student walking around with his collar popped thinking he's cool. Meanwhile we're all secretly laughing because that's so 30 years ago. Not saying iPhone is "so 30 years ago". But they are past their prime.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-16-16 01:34 AM
    I find it odd that a fan base for a platform will argue so strongly for physical keys in a keyboard, yet will show such derision for a device with ONE physical input button on the merit that physical keys are a bad thing. A singular button that serves many purposes at that.
    It's not that odd... pressing that ONE physical button kinds breaks the flow. Swipes with swipes is much more coherent, than taps and presses... :-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    TCB on Z10, CDM76 and BerrySoul like this.
    09-16-16 03:37 AM
    Give it a chance? Why not ask all the BlackBerry haters that infest these boards why they never gave BlackBerry a chance? Android is a sloppy mess that reminds me of a plate of spaghetti.

Posted via CB10
    Pass the parmesan...

ouch, it's jelly beans, and marshmallows, so savoury won't fit! ;-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-16-16 03:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with most but dude...but, jeesh - ah, NM....

BTW: Conite isn't a fan boy he owns both as far as I know and is actively is in the Passport sector which last time I checked is a BB10 Phone! ...

Check things out or take YOUR displaced aggression elsewhere as we're supposed to be on the same team, read between the lines sometimes bro.

We are all upset that BB10 will die a slow death as in chances are anyway! No it isn't fair but BlackBerry made some mistakes...

Mostly in marketing..

Does anyone remember a BlackBerry commercial in the U.S.A. ?

Just curious...

-Dread Pirate Regan
    CDM76 and CerveloJohn like this.
    09-16-16 04:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I send emails while listening to music on my Nexus all the time. It isn't rocket science.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-16-16 08:45 AM
    I agree with most but dude...but, jeesh - ah, NM....

BTW: Conite isn't a fan boy he owns both as far as I know and is actively is in the Passport sector which last time I checked is a BB10 Phone! ...

Check things out or take YOUR displaced aggression elsewhere as we're supposed to be on the same team, read between the lines sometimes bro.

We are all upset that BB10 will die a slow death as in chances are anyway! No it isn't fair but BlackBerry made some mistakes...

Mostly in marketing..

Does anyone remember a BlackBerry commercial in the U.S.A. ?

Just curious...

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Allow me :

A BB10 as from the UK :

An ad for the time shift camera :

One for the Q10 : *https://youtu.be/S-dMJ15cgAM

And lastly a Z30 ad showing off all the software features : *https://youtu.be/yFreYEKBmlU

Marketing did happen. If you and others never saw it then BlackBerry wasted their money.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-16-16 09:54 AM
    Pass the parmesan...

ouch, it's jelly beans, and marshmallows, so savoury won't fit! ;-D

Haha it is rather interesting how the last little bit of Android that belies its funky & charmingly humane "against-the-norms" origins (so long ago!, & thanks for all the fish! I mean fun!) are the now ill-fitting & curiously dated sounding OS names.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 09-16-16 at 09:26 PM.
    09-16-16 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you actually trying to say you can't easily send an email while listening to music on Android but cause that's an outright lie.
    09-16-16 04:01 PM

Marketing did happen. If you and others never saw it then BlackBerry wasted their money.
    Then they wasted their money. I don't recall seeing a single Blackberry ad since BB10 came out.

09-16-16 06:37 PM
    Some of us gave BlackBerry more than a fair chance.

Just saying.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    And some of us continue to do so ....

09-16-16 06:41 PM
    Then they wasted their money. I don't recall seeing a single Blackberry ad since BB10 came out.

Hence why they stopped marketing to the masses. Apparently no one saw it anyway.
    09-16-16 06:41 PM

Maybe they were only put on youtube? :x

-Dread Pirate Regan
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-16-16 11:14 PM
    Allow me :

A BB10 as from the UK :

An ad for the time shift camera :

One for the Q10 : *https://youtu.be/S-dMJ15cgAM

And lastly a Z30 ad showing off all the software features : *https://youtu.be/yFreYEKBmlU

Thanks Tre but I never saw a single one and from Philadelphia as in the city of brotherly love a major US city by NYC. Hmm. I do appreciate the posts though as enjoyed watching them Tre.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-16-16 11:16 PM
    It's not that odd... pressing that ONE physical button kinds breaks the flow. Swipes with swipes is much more coherent, than taps and presses... :-D

You switch apps on iPhone with a press/swipe on the left side of the screen, not just by pressing the home button anymore. You can also swipe back and forth between pages in apps.

Thanks Tre but I never saw a single one and from Philadelphia as in the city of brotherly love a major US city by NYC. Hmm. I do appreciate the posts though as enjoyed watching them Tre.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    I'm in the Kansas City suburbs and they played the Keep Moving commercial during darn near every commercial break during the NCAA tournament that year, at least in my market.
    09-17-16 09:33 AM
    Hence why they stopped marketing to the masses. Apparently no one saw it anyway.

And it just shows they have no clue how to properly market their products

09-17-16 10:09 AM

Makes me think of the glowing bikes commercial for the 99xx series. No one knew it was a BlackBerry commercial, but I bet bike shops had a spike in glow kit sales after that!
    09-17-16 10:21 AM

To be fair, the only way to make any kind of impression on the general consumer market is to incessantly blanket the world with ads in all media formats.

This is and was utterly impossible for BlackBerry, as they are orders of magnitude smaller than their competition.
    09-17-16 10:23 AM
    To be fair, the only way to make any kind of impression on the general consumer market is to incessantly blanket the world with ads in all media formats.

This is and was utterly impossible for BlackBerry, as they are orders of magnitude smaller than their competition.
    Really they just need to be smarter about it. Make sure their ads a) hit the most people possible to get best bang for their buck b) show their product benefits for the target market.

The superbowl ad is the first / last I saw in recent years and was utterly pointless. Complete waste of money.

Security is great but everyone knows Blackberry security. Let's also promote other features.

09-17-16 10:51 AM
363 ... 910111213 ...