I have firephone, works for me. I put Google play store on it, the phone works better than my wife's old Note 3. Poor amazon, a good phone undone by lousy marketing. Same thing with blackberry And my passport.

New owner of Passport
    09-12-16 03:32 PM
    I have firephone, works for me. I put Google play store on it, the phone works better than my wife's old Note 3. Poor amazon, a good phone undone by lousy marketing. Same thing with blackberry And my passport.

New owner of Passport
    That's not the point though.

Without the official Play Store, the Fire tanked.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    09-12-16 03:36 PM
    ^ I guess the word is iphone will go with no home button for the 2017.. least that's a start for apple

Posted via CB10
    Nah they kept that backwards button of theirs.
    09-14-16 09:00 AM
    ^ I guess the word is iphone will go with no home button for the 2017.. least that's a start for apple

Posted via CB10
    No, they are just using a gimmick to hide the home button for water resistance. It's still needed to switch between apps (double press) or return to the home screen (single press). The iPhone UI is really feeling it's age IMO.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-14-16 09:04 AM
    No, they are just using a gimmick to hide the home button for water resistance. It's still needed to switch between apps (double press) or return to the home screen (single press). The iPhone UI is really feeling it's age IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Except that the button is not needed as of iOS 9 on hardware with 3D Touch. I know I haven't used it to swap apps or to the home screen since the 6S.

Haven't even pressed the button to unlock said phone for 3 months.

Guess the UI isn't as old as you thought.

My guess is that the Fauxome button exists to begin weaning entrenched users.
    09-14-16 02:25 PM
    Except that the button is not needed as of iOS 9 on hardware with 3D Touch. I know I haven't used it to swap apps or to the home screen since the 6S.

Haven't even pressed the button to unlock said phone for 3 months.

Guess the UI isn't as old as you thought.

My guess is that the Fauxome button exists to begin weaning entrenched users.
    Either way, bb10 UI was / is leaps and bounds ahead of either Android or iOS. Just too bad it didn't have the apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    09-14-16 02:37 PM
    I find it odd that a fan base for a platform will argue so strongly for physical keys in a keyboard, yet will show such derision for a device with ONE physical input button on the merit that physical keys are a bad thing. A singular button that serves many purposes at that.
    09-14-16 03:15 PM
    I find it odd that a fan base for a platform will argue so strongly for physical keys in a keyboard, yet will show such derision for a device with ONE physical input button on the merit that physical keys are a bad thing. A singular button that serves many purposes at that.
    It's whatever fits their fancy that particular day. Arguing about what is the most efficient/best is comical at best.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 09-14-16 at 04:11 PM.
    DenverRalphy and MikeX74 like this.
    09-14-16 03:30 PM
    Arguing about what is us mist efficient/best is comical at best.
    You must be somewhere just like me. =) Happy Hour after a long day. =D That or auto-correct. But Auto-correct is less fun. =D
    09-14-16 03:35 PM
    You must be somewhere just like me. =) Happy Hour after a long day. =D That or auto-correct. But Auto-correct is less fun. =D
    Enjoying a brew but didn't think it would have that effect!
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    09-14-16 04:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed yet besides the non customizable/interactive lock screen, BB10 is not Showing to much age IMO (actually android is getting more swipe gestures in app's & OS) as its still way, way faster then the others with its spectacular swipe gestures, I don't want to take extra steps tapping through my phone plus when you think about it BB10 turns everything into a widget per se, even when one is not available. Point is, BB10 was ahead of its time and really taken off and fixing issues around google in 2014 into early 15 but just gave up, one of the saddest things I can think of to ever happen in the smartphone industry! Unless, they are using Google now versus the other way around with some top secret plan to bring them funds back to BB10. I doubt it though or we would of seen an updated ART at least as they are smart enough to know it's one of very few things (but largest) that we need to thrive on our own as in with third party developers as we have been doing. How much longer will this last. By the time droid O is out, we are really going to start feeling the Dalvik aka ART issue with apps I think with nothing to do except some genius to create an actual runtime app out of the latest runtime itself in apk format like a VM to share it as in open that app first then share it to the apps that need the higher runtime and run a VM within the sandbox. So a VM in a VM I suppose? That would prob be slow though. Grrr... let's just say I know it can prob be done in theory! Just, whose going to take the time to do it. :x

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-14-16 07:15 PM
    That's not the point though.

Without the official Play Store, the Fire tanked.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG191 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG326 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    On that note, I bought snap just to support it. Installed as in sideloaded it and it's sitting there in case Cobalt is not able to fix something one day although that may or may not effect snap also. Anyway, what's the difference between snap and playstore as in what can you not do with snap that you can with the playstore?

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-14-16 07:19 PM
    Either way, bb10 UI was / is leaps and bounds ahead of either Android or iOS. Just too bad it didn't have the apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    This is 10000000000% correct IMO but only at first, they did along with great developers mostly close the entire gapp but it also was advertising, for some odd reason they thought advertising and releasing phones with their OS without PKB's wasn't important either. The bigger they are the harder they fall sometimes. I get sick just thinking of it as even now I think they could fix this starting with, need I say it?

Anybody seen my buddy ART?

They prob just copied Dalvik. I wonder...
    Does anybody besides my MUTE brother know the difference between what the shell does versus the larger file run time bar file itself? I'm guessing the shell is the interconnection of it all?

I wonder sometimes, do they or did they even bother to read crackberry and see what some of these fine folks accomplished and we don't even have root!... #GotBB10

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-14-16 07:24 PM
    The problem is BB10 is dying the slow and painful death of the lonely. Android has taken its place, and it is all due to bad business choices, and decisions. Apps, lots of apps. BB10 has, unfortunately become irrelevant in the debate, much like Palm O/S.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-15-16 06:36 AM
    Sigh.....
    Get over it, Android is fine.
    No, it's not BB10, but it works well.
    Give it a chance man.

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    Give it a chance? Why not ask all the BlackBerry haters that infest these boards why they never gave BlackBerry a chance? Android is a sloppy mess that reminds me of a plate of spaghetti.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 02:29 PM
    Give it a chance? Why not ask all the BlackBerry haters that infest these boards why they never gave BlackBerry a chance? Android is a sloppy mess that reminds me of a plate of spaghetti.

Posted via CB10
    Because you wouldn't like the answer.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    09-15-16 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm a fan of both and a long time BB10 user. I can assure you that your description of Android is more posturing than accurate.
    09-15-16 02:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    This really is true I betcha the code has been cleaned up a bit on droid but nothing near the meticulous code that BB10 prob has behind those walls.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-15-16 05:12 PM
    I'm a fan of both and a long time BB10 user. I can assure you that your description of Android is more posturing than accurate.
    For ME it spot on!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Whoa. Many of us here were BlackBerry for years. Gave them every chance you can imagine. Don't blame the people for what the company screwed up.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-15-16 05:25 PM
    This really is true I betcha the code has been cleaned up a bit on droid but nothing near the meticulous code that BB10 prob has behind those walls.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    You should clean your rose colored glasses.
    09-15-16 05:26 PM
    For ME it spot on!

Posted via CB10
    No doubt.
    09-15-16 05:36 PM
    No doubt.
    Indeed, maybe I'm "special ".

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 06:17 PM
    You should clean your rose colored glasses.
    Pass me the sponge..
    It will only help me see more so, the way I see now.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    miker476 likes this.
    09-15-16 06:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I used BB for many years. I use a Nexus 6p now. It is not a mess.
    09-15-16 07:18 PM
363 ... 89101112 ...