It horrible that everyone is fighting about something that is so subjective. There is NO one size fits all OS for everyone. If there was, EVERYONE would be using it.

Are there things that frustrate me of BB10? Yes. Are there things that I love about BB10? Yes. Are there things that frustrate me on iOS and Android? Yes. Are there things that I love about BlackBerry Android and iOS? Yes.

I honestly wish that BB10 took off the way it was supposed to. This wouldn't even be a discussion.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    Elite1, BigBadWulf, Uzi and 4 others like this.
    09-04-16 12:04 AM
    Can't agree more BUT !
    09-04-16 02:21 AM
    Then again. It all just comes down to tastes, doesn't it?
    You are absolutely correct.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 03:52 AM
    Dear friend,

I am also not switching to any android phone because following features that BB10 devices offers.
    1.RGB led indicator
    2.Blackberry Hub
    3.Blackberry On screen notifications.
    5. App manager
    6Blackberry BLend
    7.Blackberry Keyboard. and lot more.......

09-04-16 04:05 AM
    Dear friend,

I am also not switching to any android phone because following features that BB10 devices offers.
    1.RGB led indicator
    2.Blackberry Hub
    5. App manager
    6Blackberry BLend

Priv has an rgb led. I get on screen notifications as well if you get the right apps to set them up. The hub is decent although not bb10 and it has the BlackBerry keyboard. Apparently with marshmallow you get to manage apps again and can to some degree with lollipop. There are apps out there that allow you to manage permissions and also some that allow you to shut things down when you don't wan them on. Not sure what your argument is

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-04-16 07:47 AM
    It's funny. On my Android I still cannot click on a link in an email I receive to my Outlook account. Little things like that.
    Indeed it is, because on my Galaxy S7, I can do just that. A question begs to be asked: what app are you using? From what I remember, it is the Gmail app that doesn't do that hyperlink thing. On Samsung's Email app, on the other hand, it works just fine.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 08:41 AM
    Is not just the Keyboard, is the gestures, the swipe, the easy way of change between Apps.

I Past 3 days trying to configure 4 emails account in only one App, 2 Gmail, Exchange, a hotmail, an exist Gmail App, the add account option, the Outlook App, and I'm not sure trust in this Apps to manage my work account and personal account, with the Hub is was very simple to add and configure accounts.

Posted via CB10
    For the gestures, try the "All in one Gestures" app found in Google Play Store. For the Hub, I use Cobalt's BlackBerry Priv Apps which has the Hub, Keyboard, Calendar, etc. I might get the Priv if no PKB phone is released by next year.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 08:49 AM
    In my experience I find this negativity towards android vs BB10 a bit over blown.
    I loved BB10, but found my switch pretty painless. I've found myself a productive work flow on android. There are even some things I found better.
    My experience may be as a result of only knowing the recent Marshmallow plus using a PRIV.
    No doubt BB10 is very good, but android can be tuned to meet your needs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    shaleem and branflakes like this.
    09-04-16 09:28 AM
    Dear friend,

1.RGB led indicator
    2.Blackberry Hub
    5. App manager
    6Blackberry BLend

You need to read up a little more on Blackberry's Android offerings. Everything that would keep from switching is available on the Priv (and the Dtek minus the RGB Led indicator).

Everything except Blend, which Blackberry doesn't support anymore anyway.

Honestly, you can get all of that on a non Blackberry phone like the Nexus 6P including the RGB Led indicator, minus Blend.
    cribble2k likes this.
    09-04-16 09:59 AM
    You find pressing the square recents button on the bottom right of the nav bar difficult?

It's actually not any slower than a swipe up gesture.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    Nope unfortunately the square button is just very odd for multi-tasking totally not intuitive. I'm speaking from using a Samsung S7 Edge for 3 months now. I still miss using BlackBerry 10.

Only if they have better hardware spec's at affordable prices. I'm very positive that the whole system would have preformed better with better hardware spec's on BlackBerry 10 at affordable prices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-04-16 11:27 AM
    Nope unfortunately the square button is just very odd for multi-tasking totally not intuitive. I'm speaking from using a Samsung S7 Edge for 3 months now. I still miss using BlackBerry 10.
    The funny thing with me is coming from a Classic, I used the back button instead of the swipe, so didn't notice anything negative in pressing the recent button. Just felt the same to me.

All in our perception.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 12:39 PM
    You can hardly call someone else dismissive when you started with a claim that your opinion was "undeniable."

If you slapped a "for me" at the beginning or end of some of your statements, it's likely less people would take issue with them.

This member already summed it up best:
    It's UNDENIABLY the truth some like you will be offended, why still hang around a site dedicated to BlackBerry users, that you and your ilk find despicable is astounding "for me "!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 02:46 PM
    That is because you used Samsung phones which run a heavily skinned version of Android. Using a BlackBerry, OnePlus, HTC, Sony, Huawei, Motorola, LG, Meizu, Xiamoi, LeEco, Lenovo, ZUK, ZTE, NUBIA, or Nexus device would have you forming a different opinion altogether. It may be positive, negative, or mixed, but like each of the devices are different (aimed at different demographics), the stock or skinned versions of Android they run as well as each phone's features will appeal to you in a different way. BlackBerry 10 being the best OS is not something I'll comment on as 'the best' is subjective.
    Seeing the other brands you sighted aren't considered the premium I highly doubt that anyone of them that you mentioned would change my opinion of Android including the BlackBerry Android offerings.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 02:56 PM
    I totally agree. At one time BB 10 might have been the best, but short sightedness got in the way, app developers were either ignored, run off, or found better platforms, and Android matured. As my kids tell me regularly: "It's all about the apps Daddy!"

These statements are brash at best. A week is not enough time to fully acclimate to an unfamiliar OS and this includes BB10 - even some Passport users claimed it takes "a couple weeks" to get used to using the keyboard and these are/were users well-versed using BB10. Saying BB10 is "the best" is a misnomer; there are scores of former BlackBerry power users, myself included, who have switched to Android (and other platforms) for our daily drivers. You may not want to believe anything could be better than BB10 and that's fine, but having the temerity to claim the only reason people would have a difference of opinion is lack of experience is complete folly.
    09-04-16 04:06 PM
    Indeed it is, because on my Galaxy S7, I can do just that. A question begs to be asked: what app are you using? From what I remember, it is the Gmail app that doesn't do that hyperlink thing. On Samsung's Email app, on the other hand, it works just fine.
    Right you are!

I can in fact open a hyperlink on my old Sammy. Just not on 6P or Moto G2 both running Marshmallow. Not just Gmail but also the actual Outlook app that can't do it. Have tried a couple of third party apps also. No dice.

Kudos to Samsung and to you for pointing this out. Still. Pretty bizarre & annoying wee bug to have on stock or de facto stock Android. Definitely not a feature ;P

PS I had a LG G3 for about a month. Can't recall if hyperlinking worked on it. But a friend has a G5 and when I sent him links to his Outlook (I stupidly keep forgetting, grff!) he can't open them using Outlook app.

Anyway thanks again, for pointing that out. I do like Samsung! Again, that's just tastes I guess. Really always liked Touchwiz. Though I know a lot of people have, & still do, loathe it.
    ronfc likes this.
    09-04-16 08:44 PM
    The hardware and apps notwithstanding, bb10 is still the best operating system available in my opinion even after two years of neglect.

Via z10.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-04-16 09:59 PM
    Right you are!

I can in fact open a hyperlink on my old Sammy. Just not on 6P or Moto G2 both running Marshmallow. Not just Gmail but also the actual Outlook app that can't do it. Have tried a couple of third party apps also. No dice.

Kudos to Samsung and to you for pointing this out. Still. Pretty bizarre & annoying wee bug to have on stock or de facto stock Android. Definitely not a feature ;P

PS I had a LG G3 for about a month. Can't recall if hyperlinking worked on it. But a friend has a G5 and when I sent him links to his Outlook (I stupidly keep forgetting, grff!) he can't open them using Outlook app.

Anyway thanks again, for pointing that out. I do like Samsung! Again, that's just tastes I guess. Really always liked Touchwiz. Though I know a lot of people have, & still do, loathe it.
    You're welcome! TouchWiz is fine with me. For those who doesn't like it, they can always use Google Now Launcher to make it look like Nexus.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 10:27 PM
    Is not just the Keyboard, is the gestures, the swipe, the easy way of change between Apps.

I Past 3 days trying to configure 4 emails account in only one App, 2 Gmail, Exchange, a hotmail, an exist Gmail App, the add account option, the Outlook App, and I'm not sure trust in this Apps to manage my work account and personal account, with the Hub is was very simple to add and configure accounts.

Posted via CB10
    Go get a Passport SE! Still loving it in 2016.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-05-16 01:07 AM
    I bought the Priv and it MIGHT come close to bb10 once on Nougat OS... android is the worst OS ever

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Priv by BlackBerry
    I think the world has spoken, and BB10 is the worst OS ever. Even Blackberry has abandoned it.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    09-05-16 03:00 AM
    I personally would never go back to bb10 in its current state.
    I bought a low end Android under $300 Canadian dollars brand new including taxes.
    Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
    Octa-core snap dragon 615
    3000 ma removable battery
    Dual sim
    1080p 5.5" gorilla glass 4 screen
    Amazing camera
    Android MM
    3gb ram
    16 gb storage but has an SD Card slot

I have the BlackBerry Hub, keyboard, calendar and password keeper installed (thanks Calbolt). Didn't want anything from their suit. And I have my Android set up perfectly. It's fast, fluid and for my business this is a way better phone the whatever bb put out.
    Social media is a massive part of our marketing and our business would be a flop if we stayed with BlackBerry. I need the latest SM apps. Most businesses are heading this way the more you think about it BlackBerry 10os is becoming more obsolete. Except for a few people living under a rock and don't won't to adapt.

I still have my z30 connected to WiFi and it's soooo slow. Wow. The browser is horrible. Third party apps are garbage when compared to the real thing. There isn't one thing I miss about it that i didn't get over in about a day.

For everyone who wants to crap on Android thats fine. But if you think using an outdated bb10 os that haven't been updated in how long puts you on some kind of pedestal you are delusional. If anything it makes you a target especially when your criticizing another os.

Communication's sent over BBM are NOT secured!
    09-05-16 08:42 AM
    I bought a low end Android under $300 Canadian dollars brand new including taxes.
    Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
    Dual sim
    Amazing camera
    Android MM
    3gb ram

I have the BlackBerry Hub, keyboard, calendar and password keeper installed (thanks Calbolt). Didn't want anything from their suit. And I have my Android set up perfectly. It's fast, fluid and for my business this is a way better phone the whatever bb put out.
    Social media is a massive part of our marketing and our business would be a flop if we stayed with BlackBerry. I need the latest SM apps. Most businesses are heading this way the more you think about it BlackBerry 10os is becoming more obsolete. Except for a few people living under a rock and don't won't to adapt.

I still have my z30 connected to WiFi and it's soooo slow. Wow. The browser is horrible. Third party apps are garbage when compared to the real thing. There isn't one thing I miss about it that i didn't get over in about a day.

For everyone who wants to crap on Android thats fine. But if you think using an outdated bb10 os that haven't been updated in how long puts you on some kind of pedestal you are delusional. If anything it makes you a target especially when your criticizing another os.

Sooo... lets see... you don't like the bb10 operating system by comparing yer 2016 Android phone with a 2013 BlackBerry.

But.... yet you still pirate BlackBerry apps.

Interesting....

Via my 3 year old z10 still going strong despite being under a rock.

BTW, I agree that the Asus phones are excellent value for the money.

Posted via CB10
    Uzi, stlabrat and zephyr613 like this.
    09-05-16 10:29 AM
    funny but so true. i hear you on that
    09-05-16 10:54 AM
    Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
    Dual sim
    Amazing camera
    Android MM
    3gb ram

Lol sounds like you should've never been using BB10 and that Android has probably been the best fit for you all along.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-05-16 11:00 AM
    I can't wait till they release bb hub suite on ios, I have grown to hate Android. I've parked my priv and dtek in the drawer and moved to IOS. 6s plus is a grt device with grt battery life, and IOS 10 is really good for multitasking and widgets
    Nishant Machhar likes this.
    09-05-16 11:03 AM
    You're welcome! TouchWiz is fine with me. For those who doesn't like it, they can always use Google Now Launcher to make it look like Nexus.
    Launchers are one way of figuring out how to love or re-love, one's Android. I used to be fairly satisfied with Nova Launcher but never really liked Google Now. And TouchWiz was always my favourite. Even on my old S2, and my Omnia, before that. (If that was really TouchWiz? I've forgotten now.)

But hey, wow, you just gave me an idea: Install a TouchWiz Launcher APK on my current 'Droids. So doing a cursory search reveals, sigh, most of the results are about banishing TouchWiz.

Then again, I do not own a BlackBerry Android, which comes with it's own launcher. Would someone who wanted to, be able to supplant the BB Launcher that comes with a Priv or a DTek, in favour of Nova or Google Now or, haha, TouchWiz?
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 09-05-16 at 01:25 PM.
    09-05-16 01:14 PM
363 12345 ...