Even Google/Alphabet have given up on Android and are developing a new OS for embedded and mission-critical devices.
    Hilariously wrong. They're developing a new OS for very low-powered, very task-specific devices that will never need the complexity and flexibility of a smartphone OS that will need to do millions of different things. Android was never designed for that mission - though it's occasionally been used for it - but that has zero to do with anyone "giving up" on Android.

That would be like saying "BB gave up on QNX" because they aren't developing it into a desktop OS to compete with Windows and OSX...
    Soul_Est, web99, Tsepz_GP and 1 others like this.
    09-03-16 09:26 AM
    Agreed. My daughter switch to an HTC and misses her BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 09:40 AM
    Hilariously wrong. They're developing a new OS for very low-powered, very task-specific devices that will never need the complexity and flexibility of a smartphone OS that will need to do millions of different things. Android was never designed for that mission - though it's occasionally been used for it - but that has zero to do with anyone "giving up" on Android.

That would be like saying "BB gave up on QNX" because they aren't developing it into a desktop OS to compete with Windows and OSX...
    They've given up on the idea of it being a 'one size fits all' OS.

It's a hideous bloated mess which doesn't fit anything and it will get replaced one day. Nobody will miss it.
    09-03-16 10:15 AM
    The struggle with switching platforms is unlearning long habits and retraining yourself.

One week usually isn't long enough. I'd research on the device and the OS. Naturally this is a good place to start: Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-03-16 10:33 AM
    Same for me: Android can't compare with BlackBerry10, apart for the apps...

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    09-03-16 11:25 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is the best OS out there undeniably . Anyone who says differently hasn't used one. Too bad the market and eco system developers think differently or should I say "more of the same ".

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 12:08 PM
    I hated android at first. Now i can never go back to BB10. Never would of thought
    jaydee5799 and ronfc like this.
    09-03-16 12:36 PM
    I hated android at first. Now i can never go back to BB10. Never would of thought
    Same here! I would never go back to OS10. Loving my Android and MM....I love the notifications on MM. SO much better than the ones I had on BB. I don't miss anything about BB10...especially the pkb. If the priv had come out a year earlier i might have stayed with them, but alas. a girl has gotta have her apps. and not games either. Apps. For business and personal use.
    ronfc, mikedolo, shaleem and 3 others like this.
    09-03-16 04:07 PM
    For work i have to move to an Android cheap device and after one week i miss my Z10 a lot:

- The HUB
    -The Keyboard
    -The notification System, incredible how limited is the notification System in Android, at least in my new Android phone can't costumize App by App like in BB10.

Anyway, the only reasons that Android Win is because the Apps, nothing else, Android can't compete with BB10 in nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    that's why you were with BlackBerry, the only reason we went for decentralized OS is... hang on... BB can't supply us a BlackBerry.
    09-03-16 04:57 PM
    Same for me: Android can't compare with BlackBerry10, apart for the apps...

Posted via CB10
    About two years ago I held on to hope that maybe one day the android runtime would have 100% compatibility and fluidity. I held onto hope due to being ignorant about Google Play Services and legal issues that would make those dreams impossible to implement. (Specifically, the Play Store being Google's property)

Hypothetically speaking: Blackberry 10 with fully-working Play Store catalog would be the perfect device (software wise). You'd have the best OS with all apps.

I'm riding out the BB10 days till the bitter end, thats for sure! My Passport has all the apps I personally require and see no reason to jump on anything different at this stage.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-03-16 04:59 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is the best OS out there undeniably . Anyone who says differently hasn't used one. Too bad the market and eco system developers think differently or should I say "more of the same ".

Posted via CB10
    Very true, literally everyone shifting so easily to android stating they won't look back, simply never have used BB for what it meant to be used.
    LyoobaBerry, ZeBB45 and Witmen like this.
    09-03-16 05:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's not true. I've owned and used a Z10 for almost 2 years.

Towards the end, I thought BB10 was bland and boring. I got tired of all the workarounds for apps, and figured if I needed Android apps, I'll just get an Android phone.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    shaleem, Witmen and branflakes like this.
    09-03-16 05:15 PM
    still i don't get it, UNO If some of you are so pro Android "surprise surprise",why didn't you made a move years ago? DUO cant get how it's gonna help blackberry if, basicly only old BB school will switch?, sales figures seems to fully support that IE if you say old BB is niche product same apply to new AB, if you say they wont make it cos they sold only 1m devices, same apply to new AB. AB- stands for AndroBerry.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-03-16 06:13 PM
    That's not true. I've owned and used a Z10 for almost 2 years.

Towards the end, I thought BB10 was bland and boring. I got tired of all the workarounds for apps, and figured if I needed Android apps, I'll just get an Android phone.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    The Z10 Z30 Passport and Q5 I use daily and cannot agree with you. Work around for apps was and is not an issue for me or anyone in our organization.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 06:46 PM
    Very true, literally everyone shifting so easily to android stating they won't look back, simply never have used BB for what it meant to be used.
    OK, no.

I know BB10 inside and out. It has lost pace with Android and pales by comparison. It had promise, but the complete lack of major app support killed it. BB10 has had no development for two years now. Meanwhile Lollipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat happened.

BB10 is still a solid email platform, and has some slick features, but most people need a smartphone to do a whole lot more.
    09-03-16 07:09 PM
    OK, no.

I know BB10 inside and out. It has lost pace with Android and pales by comparison. It had promise, but the complete lack of major app support killed it. BB10 has had no development for two years now. Meanwhile Lollipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat happened.

BB10 is still a solid email platform, and has some slick features, but most people need a smartphone to do a whole lot more.
    Agree. For business use BB10 is still the best. But that is not enough for the everyday consumer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-16 07:21 PM
    Agree. For business use BB10 is still the best. But that is not enough for the everyday consumer.
    Depends on the business.
    09-03-16 07:23 PM
    Oh please.
    DrBoomBotz and shaleem like this.
    09-03-16 07:29 PM
    OK, no.

This. The key phrase here was it had promise but lost pace. I loved it after 10.2 but it slowly just got maddening finding new things all the time I couldn't do anymore

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    ronfc and shaleem like this.
    09-03-16 09:25 PM
    Not true and I would look back if they started keeping updates and development on bb10 again. I left android for bb10 and would have stayed if they hadn't pretty much abandoned it

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    shaleem likes this.
    09-03-16 09:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    These statements are brash at best. A week is not enough time to fully acclimate to an unfamiliar OS and this includes BB10 - even some Passport users claimed it takes "a couple weeks" to get used to using the keyboard and these are/were users well-versed using BB10. Saying BB10 is "the best" is a misnomer; there are scores of former BlackBerry power users, myself included, who have switched to Android (and other platforms) for our daily drivers. You may not want to believe anything could be better than BB10 and that's fine, but having the temerity to claim the only reason people would have a difference of opinion is lack of experience is complete folly.
    09-03-16 10:03 PM
    These statements are brash at best. A week is not enough time to fully acclimate to an unfamiliar OS and this includes BB10 - even some Passport users claimed it takes "a couple weeks" to get used to using the keyboard and these are/were users well-versed using BB10. Saying BB10 is "the best" is a misnomer; there are scores of former BlackBerry power users, myself included, who have switched to Android (and other platforms) for our daily drivers. You may not want to believe anything could be better than BB10 and that's fine, but having the temerity to claim the only reason people would have a difference of opinion is lack of experience is complete folly.
    After using the premium Samsung devices over the years ,latest being the S6 Edge, I would be forced to say that my comments remain s as stated. Brash would be your comments dismissing any other point of view.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 10:17 PM
    After using the premium Samsung devices over the years ,latest being the S6 Edge, I would be forced to say that my comments remain s as stated. Brash would be your comments dismissing any other point of view.

Posted via CB10
    That is because you used Samsung phones which run a heavily skinned version of Android. Using a BlackBerry, OnePlus, HTC, Sony, Huawei, Motorola, LG, Meizu, Xiamoi, LeEco, Lenovo, ZUK, ZTE, NUBIA, or Nexus device would have you forming a different opinion altogether. It may be positive, negative, or mixed, but like each of the devices are different (aimed at different demographics), the stock or skinned versions of Android they run as well as each phone's features will appeal to you in a different way. BlackBerry 10 being the best OS is not something I'll comment on as 'the best' is subjective.
    Elite1 and shaleem like this.
    09-03-16 10:47 PM
    You can hardly call someone else dismissive when you started with a claim that your opinion was "undeniable."

If you slapped a "for me" at the beginning or end of some of your statements, it's likely less people would take issue with them.

This member already summed it up best:

... BlackBerry 10 being the best OS is not something I'll comment on as 'the best' is subjective.
    09-03-16 11:28 PM
    OK, no.

Sincere respect to you, the almighty & very helpful conite.

But I cannot entirely agree. I'm writing this from an iPhone. Just can't get with Android. Broke up with it sometime after KitKat. It was a lovely long run from Froyo to now. It did get more refined. But not necessarily better.

Android has paled by comparison to itself.

It's funny. On my Android I still cannot click on a link in an email I receive to my Outlook account. Little things like that.

Some of us don't want a smartphone to make us coffee in the morning. Just want it to be a phone. A communication device primarily. And BB10 still beats Android on that count.

My 3 yr old Blackberry BB10 device sits on my bedside table. My 1 year old vanilla android sits in its box in a sock drawer. My iPhone is in my hands.

Then again. It all just comes down to tastes, doesn't it?

Ultimately there's something undefinable that makes us like what we like. And so, the old saying applies, De gustibus non est disputandum.

chujcidotego and LyoobaBerry like this.
    09-03-16 11:49 PM
363 1234 ...