Hey Guys,

I already did a search and I dont think what I found was the solution (setting default calender) Heres whats going on.

I continuously get duplicate calender entries from my work email, as well as my personal email. I use exchange client to bring both on to my laptop and my work email is NOT set up on BES. I will always get invitations on my phone and laptop, and regardless of whether or not I accept in both or just one location, it will always set up a duplicate appointment under my personal and my work email.

Anyone have any suggestions because its very frustrating right now and all I want is consolidation (the sole purpose of my blackberry).

I have a storm, previously a curve, and before that an 8830 and they all had this problem. Syncing with DM, outlook 2007.

Thanks for the help, I REALLY need to get this fixed!
    01-28-09 08:38 AM
    I don't know if this is the best way to fix this, but I went into my service books and deleted the cical entries for all but one email address to eliminate duplicates in my calendar when I sync with outlook using DM. Worked for me. I would be interested if there is a better way.
    01-28-09 09:10 AM
    Ok, changed default calender and it deleted all of my entries in outlook (still on my storm) and it WONT SYNC the calender but it will sync everything else now that I have changed all the settings to the way they were before..

any advice as to how to get my very crucial appts back to my PC?!
    01-28-09 10:51 AM
    I assume you deleted the old email address cical which is what outlook/dm used to sync. I would leave this to experts that may have specific experience. You may need to setup DM to sync one way from the device to outlook to get your calendar items back, but again hopefully someone will chime in. Did you delete the cicals or change your default calendar?
    01-28-09 10:58 AM
    Changed default calender only. It deleted all my appts in outlook, then I changed it back and it wont resync the calender at all. I would consider myself pretty good with pcs and blackberrys, but this is getting frustrating. I made sure to back up my BB so at least I have the appts saved somewhere, but I need to get them back to my PC. I have even re-mapped the folders from my pc, still no go.
    01-28-09 11:38 AM
    apologies if you did this but in my reading I didn't think you had....

Open DM. Go into syncronize and disable it for syncronize automatically.
    Connect the BB
    Go into syncronization and configure the calendar for a one way sync from device to outlook.
    Click syncronize.
    Once complete I believe all your BB calendar items will be in outlook.
    Go back into syncronization and configure calendar for a 2 way sync.
    Enable the auto sync if you wish.

that should do it.
    01-28-09 12:05 PM
    apologies if you did this but in my reading I didn't think you had....

Open DM. Go into syncronize and disable it for syncronize automatically.
    Connect the BB
    Go into syncronization and configure the calendar for a one way sync from device to outlook.
    Click syncronize.
    Once complete I believe all your BB calendar items will be in outlook.
    Go back into syncronization and configure calendar for a 2 way sync.
    Enable the auto sync if you wish.

that should do it.
    Did this...didnt work. It was an association problem so I went through and resent invitations from my phone (that somehow associated with my gmail account) to my work account. PITA
    01-28-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD