https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/u...best-dumbphone
    04-05-22 05:11 PM
    The Matrix style Nokia phone looks cool IMO

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/u...best-dumbphone
    A bunch of phones that wont run on any network in the US lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-22 05:21 PM
    If you're stupid enough to buy it. I'm not from the US. I guess you don't understand what an opinion is.

I like the Irish language also, that won't work in the US or are you going to laugh at that too.
    italia2014 and Blacker Berry like this.
    04-05-22 05:25 PM
    Which countries will these phones work in then?
    04-05-22 05:32 PM
    Which countries will these phones work in then?
    UK based article so I am guessing that area. Some are only 2g even
    04-05-22 05:34 PM
    UK based article so I am guessing that area. Some are only 2g even
    Current from Nokia alone these will work in the U.S. https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/feature-phones

Or is it the red/white and blue rearing it's ugly head tone I read?
    04-05-22 05:39 PM
    Current from Nokia alone these will work in the U.S. https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_us/feature-phones

I'm Irish and I'm not rearing anything . I refuse to be laughed at like all Irish . I gave an opinion is all.
    Last edited by bigpolla; 04-05-22 at 06:03 PM.
    04-05-22 05:51 PM

Sure some might work. I wouldnt look at anything not off the carrier site as its critical to have the correct specs during this time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-05-22 06:09 PM
    Sure some might work. I wouldnt look at anything not off the carrier site as its critical to have the correct specs during this time.
    At this time where I live I would never even open a Carrier site on the web, I buy outright and unlocked from marketplace sellers. Of course I'll do my homework prior to the purchase but that's easy enough.
    04-05-22 06:19 PM
    I really wonder if these LTE only devices are really going to be good enough once 3G is gone...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-22 07:02 AM
    I really wonder if these LTE only devices are really going to be good enough once 3G is gone...
    It's kind of a catch-22 for these dumbphone models, as 5G modems are very expensive and would push the pricing well up into the smartphone range.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-22 07:10 AM
    Do me a favour guys n gals. Ask people you know or do a poll like I did. Would people go back to a dumbphone again. It's more out of curiosity than anything...
    I asked ten people, and 0% of them said they wanted to switch from a smartphone to a feature phone.
    bigpolla and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-06-22 09:41 AM
    I asked ten people, and 0% of them said they wanted to switch from a smartphone to a feature phone.
    That's interesting. Different countries different views I guess...
    04-06-22 10:25 AM
    Frankly I'd be embarrassed to ask anyone. I don't enjoy being laughed at.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-06-22 11:10 AM
    Frankly I'd be embarrassed to ask anyone. I don't enjoy being laughed at.
    Why? Also isn't it against R&G to make thinly veiled attacks on another user?
    bigpolla likes this.
    04-06-22 12:49 PM
    Why? Also isn't it against R&G to make thinly veiled attacks on another user?
    Why do I not like being laughed at?

That is my sincere prediction as to what would happen. Although it wouldn't be mean-spirited.
    04-06-22 12:54 PM
    Why do I not like being laughed at?

That is my sincere prediction as to what would happen. Although it wouldn't be mean-spirited.
    My family has laughed at me about using Blackberrys for at least 10 years, for all types of reasons. It will be OK but the emotional scars will always be there ;-D
    Thud Hardsmack, JeepBB and john_v like this.
    04-06-22 05:38 PM
    Apparently my circles have people with common sense, because the overwhelming response to the why of getting a dumb phone was a combination of “just put the thing down” and “shut off your notifications”.
    Laura Knotek and pdr733 like this.
    04-06-22 08:23 PM
    Apparently my circles have people with common sense, because the overwhelming response to the why of getting a dumb phone was a combination of “just put the thing down” and “shut off your notifications”.
    Similar here with the added, just log out from the certain apps that distract you.
    04-07-22 06:12 AM
    I personally still use my Samsung sometimes when I travel. Purchased it in 2008 and it still works fine. I use it for calls and random texts. The V3 I purchased in 2006. I inserted a new sim into it on Monday the 4th. It still works. I do love the simplicity of these phones. Nice to keep in the car or tossed in a bag as a backup. My Blackberry Z30 is still my main local phone and my Classic is used for international calls. No social media ever used and not required. Simply nice decent phones to use without distractions, wondering or pondering about what is going on around me.

Dumbphone comeback !!!-img_20220407_130412.jpg
    bigpolla likes this.
    04-07-22 07:18 AM
    wondering or pondering about what is going on around me.
    LIFE....
    04-07-22 07:22 AM
    I personally still use my Samsung sometimes when I travel. Purchased it in 2008 and it still works fine. I use it for calls and random texts. The V3 I purchased in 2006. I inserted a new sim into it on Monday the 4th. It still works. I do love the simplicity of these phones. Nice to keep in the car or tossed in a bag as a backup. My Blackberry Z30 is still my main local phone and my Classic is used for international calls. No social media ever used and not required. Simply nice decent phones to use without distractions, wondering or pondering about what is going on around me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220407_130412.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	452046
    Good to see. They were a great phone. I seen a few people use them traveling around and the old Nokia's. See some people do still use them. I'm surprised so many people do still use them. At the end of the day its what people even if it means staying with or going back to old phones. Some are just uninstalling apps also. Sick of toxic social media

I think I still have old Nokia somewhere. That thing will probably outlive me lol...
    04-07-22 07:24 AM
    I feel like a polished pkb attachment is now more likely than a proper pkb device.

But wait..... Wasn't that the priv?

LOL fingers crossed for Mr. Musk to build a better priv. Who else has money to burn?
    bigpolla likes this.
    04-07-22 07:56 AM
    mmm that smell is toast and that is what this thread is!
    04-07-22 11:09 AM
74 123