BlackBerry is not a dumbphone by any means and I always prefer them to big screens. Research is now showing that some people are getting sick of smartphones. BlackBerry could shine once again ...

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...ck-565058.html
    boogywstew and shakingthrough like this.
    03-30-22 11:39 AM
    BlackBerry is not a dumbphone by any means and I always prefer them to big screens. Research is now showing that some people are getting sick of smartphones. BlackBerry could shine once again ...

Nah.

The opposite will happen, now that excellent 5G smartphone choices are available from solid non-Chinese vendors (like Samsung and Nokia) at $200-$250.
    03-30-22 11:43 AM

How? You think BlackBerry can make $50 phones competitivity?

Most interesting thing in that article... was a link to another article where Parliament is talking about funding a "made-in-India" operating system to be used "to create a vibrant design and innovation ecosystem in Electronics and Information technology".
    03-30-22 11:57 AM
    I put an article for people to read . I'm not going to be lectured again today. It's for people to read is all.

Bye now...
    boogywstew likes this.
    03-30-22 12:03 PM
    I put an article for people to read .
    Not exactly. You also made a specific claim that BlackBerry could shine again (whatever that means to a non-hardware, enterprise end-point security software company).
    03-30-22 12:15 PM

What about this article explains how BlackBerry could shine again?
    eshropshire likes this.
    03-30-22 02:03 PM
    Not exactly. You also made a specific claim that BlackBerry could shine again (whatever that means to a non-hardware, enterprise end-point security software company).
    NO! He said "COULD" which means he DID NOT make a specific claim.
    03-30-22 02:58 PM
    Can you explain to me then, what in that article, provides hope that BlackBerry could shine again based on who BlackBerry is now?
    cribble2k and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-30-22 03:02 PM
    He made the claim that BlackBerry could shine again. What's the confusion?

I counter that claim by claiming that there are precisely zero conditions under which BlackBerry could shine again (in the handset space). They neither have a phone division, nor any employees that know anything about the phone business.
    Last edited by conite; 03-30-22 at 05:55 PM.
    Laura Knotek and eshropshire like this.
    03-30-22 03:05 PM
    Can you explain to me then, what in that article, provides hope that BlackBerry could shine again based on who BlackBerry is now?
    I, like "bigpolla", will not be dragged into a lecture, either. If you don't know what "could" means, get a dictionary.
    03-30-22 03:10 PM
    I, like "bigpolla", will not be dragged into a lecture, either. If you don't know what "could" means, get a dictionary.
    So if I put the word "could" before any statement, I'm automatically immune to any kind of rebuttal?

Very well. This could be the craziest argument ever.
    Smokeaire, eshropshire and JeepBB like this.
    03-30-22 03:14 PM
    I’m simply asking for explanation or clarification. If you COULD provide either, I’m sure you WOULD have. LMFAO
    03-30-22 03:18 PM
    It's always nice to meet someone who knows how to properly read a sentence.
    boogywstew and italia2014 like this.
    03-30-22 05:46 PM
    It's always nice to meet someone who knows how to properly read a sentence.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the article you posted! Thank You!
    bigpolla and italia2014 like this.
    03-30-22 06:43 PM
    And based on the other article on that site, India COULD build their own mobile OS and Ecosystem that COULD replace Android's and iOS's market dominance.

Wonder which will happen first.... BlackBerry shining in smartphones again, or an Indian Mobile OS being a major player?
    Trouveur likes this.
    03-31-22 07:51 AM
    If you don't want open discussion why are either of posting on a message board? There are other outlets for you to use where only people who agree with you can comment.
    eshropshire, Trouveur and JeepBB like this.
    03-31-22 08:30 AM
    If you don't want open discussion why are either of posting on a message board? There are other outlets for you to use where only people who agree with you can comment.
    This is where we seem to have gotten ourselves to in this day and age.

People like to express their "truths", but will deem any subsequent conflicting thoughts/discussion/challenge as hate, disrespect, or negativity.
    03-31-22 08:37 AM
    This is where we seem to have gotten ourselves to in this day and age.

People like to express their "truths", but will deem any subsequent conflicting thoughts/discussion/challenge as hate, disrespect, or negativity.
    I agree with that.... wait, I agree?
    eshropshire, Trouveur and JeepBB like this.
    03-31-22 08:51 AM
    Bboogywstew & bigpolla are obviously the same person.

¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

Y'all hyped for the comeback of the PKB?
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-02-22 10:06 PM
    No we're not the same !!!
    Last edited by bigpolla; 04-04-22 at 03:58 PM.
    04-04-22 11:05 AM
    No we're not !!!
    I thought you all were hyped for the comeback of the PKB and then you say you’re not….
    cribble2k likes this.
    04-04-22 02:31 PM
    I thought you all were hyped for the comeback of the PKB and then you say you’re not….
    Har Har!

Well played Sire.
    04-04-22 08:42 PM
    BlackBerry could shine once again ...

They currently have nothing to sell, so unless someone ramps up production on something, it's not likely. For a few years now dumb phones have been making a comeback. Some people want their lives back, to be more disconnected and focus on what matters. - https://www.scmp.com/abacus/tech/art...le-who-want-go

BlackBerry, arguably, missed the boat on that, not that I believe it was a huge sector anyway. People were turning to their old BlackBerry devices because they were 'dumb' and the End Of Life status killed even that for a lot of folks. But you don't want to hear that, I guess.
    04-04-22 10:02 PM
    They currently have nothing to sell, so unless someone ramps up production on something, it's not likely. For a few years now dumb phones have been making a comeback. Some people want their lives back, to be more disconnected and focus on what matters. - https://www.scmp.com/abacus/tech/art...le-who-want-go

BlackBerry, arguably, missed the boat on that, not that I believe it was a huge sector anyway. People were turning to their old BlackBerry devices because they were 'dumb' and the End Of Life status killed even that for a lot of folks. But you don't want to hear that, I guess.
    Thanks for that info, Blaze much appreciated. It is a pity BlackBerry did do EOL. I did a Twitter poll myself out of curiosity more than anything. A few thousand votes from people and friends. Only a few hours left on it but it's 42% for dumbphones to 58% to keep their smartphones. After what you said its disappointing to read of course but it's the truth at the end of the day. Saying that I am surprised so many have voting in favour for dumb phones, quite surprised TBH. Old BlackBerry phones would have been perfect for that as you said.

Hopefully another company working with BlackBerry might see an opportunity in the future. Maybe we might have a BlackBerry type or something like what OM were trying to do. Better than the China BlackBerry type phone I hope

Time will tell I guess. Thanks again Blaze.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    04-05-22 08:35 AM
    My poll ended up 62 % for smartphones and 38% for dumbphones.

7235 votes anonymous voted in total...
    04-05-22 09:34 AM
74 123