I did do a search for the but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I have my 8530 setup to automatically connect to my home and office WiFi connections.

When I am connected to WiFi, does that mean when I browse or if I stream something, I am using my own connection or do is count as data usage.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'd like to be clear of what the advantages of having a WiFi connection are.

Thanks
    01-28-11 05:43 PM
    Not a dumb question at all.

You are only charged for data that is used through your carriers internet service. Once you connect to wifi, you are no longer using your carriers internet, so you should not be charged.
    gregster68 likes this.
    01-28-11 05:51 PM
    Watch the WiFi symbol on your homescreen though. If it's grey it means you've turned WiFi on but it hasn't fully linked yet. Any downloads/internet connection will still be through your data plan while it's grey. You're good to go once the symbol turns white.

If you have a poor WiFi connection it may fade in and out of the grey. I keep an eye on mine when I'm in a bad area.
    DawgMan and gregster68 like this.
    01-28-11 06:16 PM
    Watch the WiFi symbol on your homescreen though. If it's grey it means you've turned WiFi on but it hasn't fully linked yet. Any downloads/internet connection will still be through your data plan while it's grey. You're good to go once the symbol turns white.

If you have a poor WiFi connection it may fade in and out of the grey. I keep an eye on mine when I'm in a bad area.
    Good follow up, thanks!!!
    01-28-11 06:20 PM
    Wifi doesn't use data usage. I leave mine on all the time so it automatically at home or work.
    01-28-11 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD