so, when i am using weefee (wifi) is BBM going off the weefee or the cell data?? probably been answered a million times. i apologize for not looking..
    07-29-09 07:26 PM
    Do people really call WiFi, WeeFee? I've Never heard that before in my life.

Since you are with Verizon, the BBM always goes through your mobile network. If you have T-mobile, Rogers, etc then it could go over the WiFi connection because those carrier offer UMA. Verizon does not offer UMA.
    07-29-09 08:14 PM
    No question is ever dumb, just less intelligent than the average question. BTW, where are you from? I too have never heard of this WeeFee you speak of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 08:22 PM
    LMAO...... WeeFee!!!

BBM does require you to have a Blackberry Data Plan, but there is no reason to not use the WiFi if it's available. Everything is faster over WiFi.

07-29-09 09:25 PM
    I once heard of a guy who had a weefee in his pantalones!
    07-29-09 09:32 PM
    I once heard of a guy who had a weefee in his pantalones!
    Your too funny aristile... maybe they connect their Weeeee (Wii) to their WeeeeFeeee!!!
    07-30-09 06:13 AM
    Your too funny aristile... maybe they connect their Weeeee (Wii) to their WeeeeFeeee!!!
    Maybe that is where that came from????
    Last edited by aristile; 07-30-09 at 01:30 PM.
    07-30-09 11:33 AM
    LOL. Asian who doesn't know English do that. I'm Asian too. WeeFee... sounds cuter actually haha. They pronounce 'I' as an 'E' and 'E' as an 'A', and 'A' as an 'Uh', 'U' as a 'Ooh'
    Last edited by elvi89; 07-30-09 at 12:02 PM.
    07-30-09 11:59 AM
    well, i need to change that, i am no longer with vzw, i have tmo.. and with the 8900.. LoL.. and weefee is just a fun way to say wifi. my 4 year old nephew asked me what weefee was so i just took that and ran with it.. hahaha.. but thanks for all the help. im just having problems with my weefee and bbm..
    07-30-09 01:28 PM
    You can check to see if your phone is connected to Blackberry Infrastructure over wifi. Go to Manage Connections, Wi-Fi options, BB Menu, Wi-Fi tools, Wi-Fi Diagnostics.

If it indicates you are connected to the blackberry infrastructure, BBMs will go over Wifi.

The other option is try sending a BBM near a speaker that you can here interferance on when a blackberry is nearby. Sending a BBM over the mobile network (EDGE / GSM) will cause the interference noice, sending over WiFi won't.

07-30-09 11:57 PM
    The other option is try sending a BBM near a speaker that you can here interferance on when a blackberry is nearby. Sending a BBM over the mobile network (EDGE / GSM) will cause the interference noice, sending over WiFi won't.
    LOL @ THIS!!!!!!

All you need to do is see if your connection says EDGE or UMA. If it says EDGE then the phone is communicating over the mobile network. If it says UMA then it is communicating over the WiFi connection.
    07-31-09 12:03 AM
    That's why I keep my phone on wifi all the time, or else the noise from my computer speakers would drive mt nuts! :P

Actually, all he has to make sure of is that he has the white WiFi logo. The logo changes white once the bb has established a connection to the blackberry datacenter. Once that happens, all blackberry data is transmitted over wifi.

If the logo is gray, it means the phone has not established a connection to the datacenter, either because its not associated to a wifi network, or because of a network/internet problem.

07-31-09 12:33 AM
    No, that is not correct. If the device is getting Blackberry data via WiFi then it will say UMA instead of EDGE. Just because it has a white WiFi logo does not mean it is also connected via UMA to the BB servers. The white WiFi logo means there is a successful WiFi connection, regardless of the UMA status.
    07-31-09 01:40 AM
    Yes, as always aristile is correct . White weefee logo just means successfull weefee connection. However, sometimes something goes on with the device that causes an error with UMA, making you unable to send and receive data over UMA. This happens to me a lot on 5.0.
    07-31-09 06:06 PM
    Do people really call WiFi, WeeFee? I've Never heard that before in my life.

Since you are with Verizon, the BBM always goes through your mobile network. If you have T-mobile, Rogers, etc then it could go over the WiFi connection because those carrier offer UMA. Verizon does not offer UMA.
    Having just come back from France today, turns out at least the two people I asked say WeeFee.

07-31-09 08:00 PM
    Having just come back from France today, turns out at least the two people I asked say WeeFee.

Oh, French people don't count. Sorry French people!! Wakka Wakka!
    07-31-09 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD