I have searched devices out there, and really like the 8300 Curve,but I have no plans to use the e-mail or internet . I know you need to sign up for a data plan to get the best rebate, but the internet service can be cancelled after 3 months. Am i dumb, or what ?
    06-25-07 11:42 PM
    Some carriers will allow it some won't. For example, back in day, Cingular, as it was known then, would not allow you to buy a Treo WITHOUT the data plan ($34.99)...
    06-26-07 03:20 AM
    I've checked with AT&T, and it's OK to cancell (after 3mo.) I just don't know how dependent the device is on internet functions. I mostly want it for text, phone,organizer and appointment reminder, qwerty keypad, easy to read screen w/adjustable font,self adjusting volume,bluetooth ,long battery life... that's probably a good start.
    06-26-07 09:39 AM
    I've checked with AT&T, and it's OK to cancell (after 3mo.) I just don't know how dependent the device is on internet functions. I mostly want it for text, phone,organizer and appointment reminder, qwerty keypad, easy to read screen w/adjustable font,self adjusting volume,bluetooth ,long battery life... that's probably a good start.
    Frankly, IMO, it's a colossal waste of money to buy a "smart phone" and not use it to it's full advantage.
    06-26-07 10:22 AM
    Yeah, the blackberry really needs a data plan to be used effectively. Most of the features that make a BB worthwhile require a data plan. Plus, there are some phones out there that can be used as an organizer, etc. But, I guess it's your decision.
    07-08-07 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD