Sometimes you get self-awarded by chance when searching infos for others.
    Was looking for the current PB price @ shopblackberry.com (against a refurb offer in PB section). Put a 32GB into the basket (to check free shipping) and ... this is what I saw when returning to device description.

And I DO like it !
    06-06-12 10:43 AM
    Alternative explanation is low inventory within the supply chain from Research In Motion. The tablet inventory might be close to complete depletion. We simply do not know the definitive answer to the question.
    06-06-12 10:48 AM
    I'm happy your happy. Was going to post something about advertising, demand, and other crap, but no need.
    06-06-12 10:48 AM
    I'm happy your happy.
    So do I
    Was going to post something about advertising, demand, and other crap, but no need.
    Please do !
    06-06-12 10:50 AM
    Alternative explanation is low inventory within the supply chain from Research In Motion. The tablet inventory might be close to complete depletion. We simply do not know the definitive answer to the question.
    Oh, one day RIM's got massive write-downs ... next day it's low inventory ... weird.
    Are they supposed to mess every single breath they take ?
    06-06-12 10:52 AM
    "high volume" is relative. For playbook, 5 is pretty high.
    06-06-12 10:18 PM
    Oh, one day RIM's got massive write-downs ... next day it's low inventory ... weird.
    Are they supposed to mess every single breath they take ?
    Whether a glass is half full or half empty depends on the attitude of the person looking at it. I looked at it in an optimistic way such as yourself. The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-06-12 10:45 PM
    Whether a glass is half full or half empty depends on the attitude of the person looking at it. I looked at it in an optimistic way such as yourself. The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned.
    Optimism also considers known facts. There are less flattering words to describe the kind of blind optimism you are talking about.

And the known facts go squarely against what the optimistic viewpoint of this boiler plate message would be.
    06-06-12 10:58 PM
    Definitely cause for optimism.

As for the rest, biting tongue ...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-06-12 10:59 PM
    Awesome!

I think RIM already took the PB writedown around december. The most recent one was for bb7 devices.

The PB is an amazing device thats only going to get better. To me it would make sense if there is high demand. Maybe other people are starting to realise how great a device it is and how its at a ridiculously low price.
    06-06-12 11:09 PM
    "Alternative explanation is ". . . . just corporate 'speak' for, they just laid-off the majority of their shipping dept. leaving maybe one (or two) to do the same work so things sloooow way down !

Shucks they may have laid them all off leaving the the front receptionist doing all the work at the business, while management is out having looong conferences somewheres !!

imho
    06-06-12 11:20 PM
    Marketing gimmick.
    06-07-12 12:09 AM
    Optimism also considers known facts. There are less flattering words to describe the kind of blind optimism you are talking about.

And the known facts go squarely against what the optimistic viewpoint of this boiler plate message would be.
    and the fact would be that the OP was ultimately happy. As for the rest of your message...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-07-12 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD