I was at a telco's outlet today looking for a new phone & the sales lady sold me an idea. She said that if you have a dual Sim phone when you go overseas you can just buy a local Sim & get to have the best of both worlds.

You can still have your original Sim in the phone so that you can be contacted by your business contacts wherever you are. You will also have access to data at a lower rate wherever you are. If you were to make calls to someone in the country you are visiting it would be a local call.

I see this as a great option for business travellers who travel overseas on a regular basis. What do you think? Would you buy a phone with dual Sim?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 11:21 AM
    I was at a telco's outlet today looking for a new phone & the sales lady sold me an idea. She said that if you have a dual Sim phone when you go overseas you can just buy a local Sim & get to have the best of both worlds.

You can still have your original Sim in the phone so that you can be contacted by your business contacts wherever you are. You will also have access to data at a lower rate wherever you are. If you were to make calls to someone in the country you are visiting it would be a local call.

I see this as a great option for business travellers who travel overseas on a regular basis. What do you think? Would you buy a phone with dual Sim?

Posted via CB10
    Old idea. I carried two phones for a long time myself because I didn't like the two SIM phones. I also went for a while forwarding calls to a VoIP number and forwarding that to a local SIM in England for instance. Now more dual SIM are made (Note 5 for instance). I don't bother anymore because roaming rates have dropped a lot over the years.
    01-14-16 12:02 PM
    yeah a dual SIM Blackberry defiantly would be welcomed pair it with PP specks and a Classic form factor make it outdoor proof and removable battery.
    Wonder why this dual SIM is so rare this days.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    01-14-16 01:45 PM
    BlackBerry bought a company that does dual sims via software and nothing has come of it. I wonder if they just dropped it like they do other good products.
    01-14-16 02:29 PM
    I'd love a good dual sim BlackBerry. That would let me have both my work and personal devices in one. I almost went to the One Plus2 for that very reason.
    01-15-16 09:05 AM
    BlackBerry bought a company that does dual sims via software and nothing has come of it. I wonder if they just dropped it like they do other good products.
    It looks like they started to incorporate the virtual sim capability but didn't carry through with it. On a BB 10 device with a recent OS version, open the phone app and tap the overflow menu. You'll see a greyed out option "Change phone line". I got very excited the first time I saw that.

Dual Sim BlackBerry phone?-img_20160115_100641.jpg
    Just Me likes this.
    01-15-16 09:07 AM
    It looks like they started to incorporate the virtual sim capability but didn't carry through with it. On a BB 10 device with a recent OS version, open the phone app and tap the overflow menu. You'll see a greyed out option "Change phone line". I got very excited the first time I saw that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160115_100641.jpg 
Views:	1300 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	387868
    Hmm, would be nice.. but my guess is that this "switch phone line" is related to switching calls, like if some one calling you while you are talking to some one else, like being connected to two people at ones without conference mode, holding both lines and enables you to switch between both of this calls.
    But maybe you are right with your suspicion.

01-16-16 04:40 AM
    Hmm, would be nice.. but my guess is that this "switch phone line" is related to switching calls, like if some one calling you while you are talking to some one else, like being connected to two people at ones without conference mode, holding both lines and enables you to switch between both of this calls.
    But maybe you are right with your suspicion.

No, that's a different thing, and shows on the call screen when you're active on a phone call.
    01-16-16 07:38 AM
    Microsoft/Nokia have been able to incorporate space for two SIMs into their very basic entry-level feature phones.

I'm not sure why BlackBerry has found that creating a dual-SIM phone is such an insuperable difficulty?
    01-16-16 07:46 AM
    Microsoft/Nokia have been able to incorporate space for two SIMs into their very basic entry-level feature phones.

I'm not sure why BlackBerry has found that creating a dual-SIM phone is such an insuperable difficulty?
    I think it is a demand issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 09:30 AM
    I think it is a demand issue.

Posted via CB10
    lol
    01-16-16 09:44 AM

Chen mentioned that this is still in the works and will materialize soon. He made these comments an earnings release but can't remember if it was the most recent call or the one prior.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 12:41 PM

I dont think that their virtual Sim will work. It would need to be free.
    Unless BlackBerry become a phone provider.
    01-16-16 12:53 PM
    I dont think that their virtual Sim will work. It would need to be free.
    Unless BlackBerry become a phone provider.
    The Morvitu technology doesn't provide a second Sim. It provides the capability to register a second Sim. IIRC, it's like "scanning" your second Sim info to make it available.
    01-16-16 12:58 PM
    I understand that. Let say I have a company phone from t-mobile. So BlackBerry would be able to add that number to their virtual sim?
    01-16-16 01:03 PM
    I think that's supposed to be the idea. I'm trying to find the article to link here. It sounded unlikely to me, since it sounds suspiciously like cloning a Sim � which most carriers would frown upon.

If true, it would be great.
    01-16-16 01:07 PM
    Yes, that would be nice that we could only carry one device. Like I said if BlackBerry charges to customer to make it happen. Then people would buy dual sim phone.
    01-16-16 01:12 PM
    defiantly a very interesting aspect indeed.
    Lets wait may OS-10.3.3 gets us surprised with such a feature would be great.

01-16-16 02:35 PM
    I think they should charge $1/month to register the virtual sim.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-16-16 02:47 PM
    It's called BlackBerry Worklife and BES systems have it as an option. (With carrier support)

I had it in my previous job and it was nice. 1 phone, 1 physical SIM, 2 numbers. Let me keep my personal phone (A Z30) but had Balance and Worklife enabled with a virtual SIM and my work number. The carrier had to enable the virtual SIM for the work number.

Why isn't it known by more? Because that would mean marketing and BBRY doesn't do marketing. So shhhhhhhhhhhh stop talking about it. We don't want the masses to know!

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    01-16-16 03:19 PM
    OK, only for businesses.

Lol @ marketing
    01-16-16 04:24 PM
    Would be great to have this option and also it would be usp more against most compeditors

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 04:54 PM
    It's called BlackBerry Worklife and BES systems have it as an option. (With carrier support)

I had it in my previous job and it was nice. 1 phone, 1 physical SIM, 2 numbers. Let me keep my personal phone (A Z30) but had Balance and Worklife enabled with a virtual SIM and my work number. The carrier had to enable the virtual SIM for the work number.

Why isn't it known by more? Because that would mean marketing and BBRY doesn't do marketing. So shhhhhhhhhhhh stop talking about it. We don't want the masses to know!

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    If this is a BES only option, I'm sure BES admins know about it. No use marketing this to ordinary consumers if it only works on BES.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 07:22 AM

How come you don't have the "to top", "to bottom", and "clear all call logs" options there as well?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-16 07:24 AM
    found the CB post on this matter from 13/Nov/2014
    http://crackberry.com/worklive-black...nes-one-device

linking to:
    http://us.blackberry.com/enterprice/.../worklife.html

and yes BES is needed and a Worklife-App from the carrier too, installed through BES-app management for the workspace.

01-17-16 08:38 AM
30 12