Why blackberry not manufacturing dual sim mobile phone
    George_B likes this.
    07-07-15 07:57 AM
    Good question that no one here really knows...

BlackBerry seems to have a fondness for India, Indonesia and other developing markets.... all of which seem to use a lot of dual sim devices.
    George_B likes this.
    07-07-15 08:02 AM
    My guess..It won't be a dual sim phone it will provide a ghost sim functionality as per their purchase of the secusmart company?
    George_B likes this.
    07-07-15 11:22 AM
    My guess..It won't be a dual sim phone it will provide a ghost sim functionality as per their purchase of the secusmart company?
    I believe this technology would come from their Movirtu acquisition.

Posted via CB10
    George_B likes this.
    07-07-15 11:31 AM
    Actually it was Movirtu that BlackBerry bought last year that offered "virtual" SIMs.

But it they haven't announced how they planned to use Movirtu. Will this be a feature of BES? Will it be a feature of any BB10 phone?

The Z3 should have had a dual SIM capability or a dual SIM version, based on the markets it was released in. At that time Movirtu had not even been purchased, and who knows when or if their technology can be applied....
    07-07-15 11:47 AM
    I'm all for dual SIM. I guess North American carriers (and probably most other "1st world" ones, hey Telstra) won't like this... :-)

  Chendroid or not? - QNoX powered ftw...?  
    07-07-15 03:33 PM
    07-07-15 03:40 PM
    I'm all for dual SIM. I guess North American carriers (and probably most other "1st world" ones, hey Telstra) won't like this... :-)
    It's not a matter of like or dislike in North America--the majority of people just don't have multiple lines/SIMs to manage (cue the "cellphone bills are too damn high" jokes...)

You look at the biggest carrier in upper North America (if not all of North America,) and it's Verizon. Good luck managing multiple SIMs on that carrier.
    07-07-15 03:43 PM
    It's not a matter of like or dislike in North America--the majority of people just don't have multiple lines/SIMs to manage (cue the "cellphone bills are too damn high" jokes...)

You look at the biggest carrier in upper North America (if not all of North America,) and it's Verizon. Good luck managing multiple SIMs on that carrier.
    Yeah North America has very mature markets with decent coverage and roaming agreements.

As some have explained in these other markets, one carrier has one part of the city, and another has a different part. Roaming is very expensive so people actually have a SIM card for each carrier, and in some cases even a phone for each. One guy said he carried five phones and there were five carriers that covered where he traveled. North Americans just don't have issues with the carriers and networks that some developing countries have.
    07-09-15 02:49 PM
    Why blackberry not manufacturing dual sim mobile phone
    cause they already have enough sales , why would they do so they dont even have time to rest!!
    07-09-15 03:35 PM